Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Computer hardware service

ohh boy... so I'm screweeed
You may very well be screwed to be honest.
Because there's no BIOS you can use to update it, I don't believe there is anything you can do, not to mention resetting the CMOS wouldn't do anything either.

At this point your only option is to contact ASUS and hope they can send you a replacement BIOS chip (with BIOS) for your board.

Well I got it to work again :)

Still hdmi doesn't work.. The cable works on my laptop but on my pc it seems to not detect it ?

Well I got it to work again :)

Still hdmi doesn't work.. The cable works on my laptop but on my pc it seems to not detect it ?
o_o Out of curiosity, how did you go about fixing that issue?
By doing what you have done, you can tell it's probably a dead HDMI port which is entirely possible.

well on the black screen I let it on for 2hours and when I came back I had a mouse so I ctrl alt del (was still black) but by peessing sc it worked...

and uuh what is the major difference between the big cable and hdmi ?

and is it possible hdmi is not working cause im using adapters for the 4 pin.. ?

well on the black screen I let it on for 2hours and when I came back I had a mouse so I ctrl alt del (was still black) but by peessing sc it worked...

and uuh what is the major difference between the big cable and hdmi ?

and is it possible hdmi is not working cause im using adapters for the 4 pin.. ?
What on earth lmao, that's so strange.

By the "big cable", do you mean Displayport cable? Typically a bit thicker than HDMI and has tiny hooks on it as well as a button to release the hooks.
Displayport is better than HDMI in terms of bandwidth as it allows a significant amount more data which is necessary for larger resolutions.

I don't believe adapters would cause your HDMI to not work, as it's a simply hardwired output, it should function perfectly fine regardless.

How's this for a build that's only for RuneScape botting, visual novels, random games that aren't graphically intensive (think something like lol), and of course, programming?

Intel Core i7-6700K, Corsair 200R - System Build - PCPartPicker

I mainly put together parts that the guide said were compatible and had a good balance between high reviews/price. I still need to pick out a KB+M.

With this build I'm expecting to be able to run at least 10 DarkScape bots. I only have a 250 GB SSD because I don't download anything big besides visual novels, which at less than 10 gb/month will take ages to take up all the space. You may also notice the lack of a graphics card; that's because I don't expect to be doing anything graphically intensive for quite a while. I can simply use the 7950 that's in my current PC if I need to do so.

How's this for a build that's only for RuneScape botting, visual novels, random games that aren't graphically intensive (think something like lol), and of course, programming?

Intel Core i7-6700K, Corsair 200R - System Build - PCPartPicker

I mainly put together parts that the guide said were compatible and had a good balance between high reviews/price. I still need to pick out a KB+M.

With this build I'm expecting to be able to run at least 10 DarkScape bots. I only have a 250 GB SSD because I don't download anything big besides visual novels, which at less than 10 gb/month will take ages to take up all the space. You may also notice the lack of a graphics card; that's because I don't expect to be doing anything graphically intensive for quite a while. I can simply use the 7950 that's in my current PC if I need to do so.
My only question is the PCI-E network adapter, as your motherboard has onboard networking that is rated for the same bandwidth.
Can't say with certainty as to what number of bots you can run, as performance requirements per bot have clearly shifted since my days of botting.

I can say however that it should handle LoL without a hitch, although it can max League I would probably suggest compromising in some areas to ensure you don't drop frames in the midst of a team fight.

Aside from that it looks perfectly fine, can't imagine there being any issues.

Budget:~$200-250
Intended use: Playing games such as League of Legends and Runescape / maybe watching videos or movies.
Currency:USD

Logical Increments, the PC Builder's Friend

This always helps to if anyone needs a guide!
Yeah I've seen people refer to that site before, my complaint about it is that it naturally lacks any customization.
For example, a completely custom build can be tailored to your exact needs, giving you the best experience you could have for your money. Whereas those builds are specifically for gaming which would inevitably be bad for botters.

Yeah I've seen people refer to that site before, my complaint about it is that it naturally lacks any customization.
For example, a completely custom build can be tailored to your exact needs, giving you the best experience you could have for your money. Whereas those builds are specifically for gaming which would inevitably be bad for botters.

They added a bunch of stuff, And you are right that then generally aim for gaming builds, But it gives a pretty good base line for people who want to learn how to find parts, look at cpu/mobos that have the same socket and ect

Pcpartpicker + logical helps people learn and then take into account peoples suggestions, helps with budgeting and gives them peace of mind that other people are verifying the compatibility.

And I agree the these systems are not the "best" for some automation, But the upper tier systems will do it perfectly fine, I have a decent older machine from gtx 700 era and I can run 10+ league of legends instances, 5~ HonorBuddy/Wow games or about 7~ VM's stable (32 gigs ram i5 4th non OC)

But the point you brought up is very good, Power users and Devs could find better things to throw in.

Also, throwing in my two cents,

Intel Exon E3v5's just came out, and they are very good, esp if you have a gfx card.

Intel Phi's are a bit overkill atm but I may throw one into my next major build soon because Knights landing with be coming out soon, And who dosnt want 16 gigs of ram embedded in a CPU and 72 cores in a PCI slot :p

They added a bunch of stuff, And you are right that then generally aim for gaming builds, But it gives a pretty good base line for people who want to learn how to find parts, look at cpu/mobos that have the same socket and ect

Pcpartpicker + logical helps people learn and then take into account peoples suggestions, helps with budgeting and gives them peace of mind that other people are verifying the compatibility.

And I agree the these systems are not the "best" for some automation, But the upper tier systems will do it perfectly fine, I have a decent older machine from gtx 700 era and I can run 10+ league of legends instances, 5~ HonorBuddy/Wow games or about 7~ VM's stable (32 gigs ram i5 4th non OC)

But the point you brought up is very good, Power users and Devs could find better things to throw in.

Also, throwing in my two cents,

Intel Exon E3v5's just came out, and they are very good, esp if you have a gfx card.

Intel Phi's are a bit overkill atm but I may throw one into my next major build soon because Knights landing with be coming out soon, And who dosnt want 16 gigs of ram embedded in a CPU and 72 cores in a PCI slot :p
The upper tier systems will perform optimally in most tasks, but you're essentially paying for features and performance that you will never benefit from. No point in throwing away money for things you don't use.

Yeah in terms of botting and the average user, workstation CPU's aren't worth looking at (excluding the E3 1230 variants). The cost for the chip alone and then the appropriate socket for that chip isn't efficient at all. This essentially comes down to throwing money away for features that aren't relevant to the client's needs.

Also a Xeon Phi is pretty useless for the average person, they're designed for high performance computing and those cores aren't accessible by your OS unless a program is specially written to use it, which is going to be few. To compare it to graphics cards, it would be something akin to CUDA or Stream Processors which are generally not used excluding a finite list of games and pieces of software.

The Intel Phi is meant for science-related processing stuff (i.e. simulations). There's no reason for any user here to own one, especially when one costs more than my PC.

The upper tier systems will perform optimally in most tasks, but you're essentially paying for features and performance that you will never benefit from. No point in throwing away money for things you don't use.

Yeah in terms of botting and the average user, workstation CPU's aren't worth looking at (excluding the E3 1230 variants). The cost for the chip alone and then the appropriate socket for that chip isn't efficient at all. This essentially comes down to throwing money away for features that aren't relevant to the client's needs.

Also a Xeon Phi is pretty useless for the average person, they're designed for high performance computing and those cores aren't accessible by your OS unless a program is specially written to use it, which is going to be few. To compare it to graphics cards, it would be something akin to CUDA or Stream Processors which are generally not used excluding a finite list of games and pieces of software.
But
The Intel Phi is meant for science-related processing stuff (i.e. simulations). There's no reason for any user here to own one, especially when one costs more than my PC.
B-But I want to crack massive password arrays QQ

But

B-But I want to crack massive password arrays QQ
Yeah that likely would never happen.
Xeon Phi's are expensive and a niche product, not to mention they're not generic cores which can be programmed to do whatever you want.
They'll also lack some if not the majority of instruction sets required for password cracking, so unless someone specifically writes a program for each Xeon Phi product, it essentially won't happen.

Hello there!

Im wanting to build a living room rig to hook up to my 65" 1080p tv.
I would like to be able to run RS3 on max + 3 bots, and youtube/web browser in the background/2nd monitor without lag. I also would like to be able to run other games in the future if i wanted. Maybe medium settings on those?

My budget is 500-600

I would also like to incorporate an SSD in the build (ive heard they really speed things up?) I dont need alot of storage just enough for the system to function... maybe add a regular hard drive as well if the budget alows.

Im kind of opposed to amd cpu, ive read a few things about them running hot and not lasting as long as intel. What do you think? I also really dont care much about overclocking if it is going to reduce the life of the hardware.

Thanks! feel free to share your thoughts and opinions :)