Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

RuneMate Client Temporarily Disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok - seeing that, I actually agree that having a kind of "Do you work for Jag, if so, disallowed to register/view forums" this may be a partial legal defense if Jag choose to quote anything on the forum.

Also vipertek, the source is the only thing you CAN trust, lol.

Bot-Busting Update: Legal Proceedings

Hi everyone,

As most of you know, Bot Nuke Day has been a resounding success, with 98% of bots removed from the game, and we’ve struck a crippling blow to gold farmers. The overwhelmingly positive feedback and noticeable improvement to RuneScape has been truly tremendous. In addition to the various technological measures Jagex recently implemented, many of you will be aware that Jagex has for some time been engaged in a number of legal procedures aimed at stopping bot developers and the most serious bot users. These legal procedures have been the subject of a significant amount of speculation, which we will attempt to address in this post.

Some third party bot websites have been making various statements alleging that Jagex is doing a number of things that are unlawful or dishonest in some way or the other. We cannot comment on everything that is said in real time despite our deep desire to keep you abreast of matters as we need to be careful not to compromise our strong legal position.

To be very clear - a lot of things that have been said, and that will continue to be said about Jagex in relation to legal matters, are untrue. Third parties making these statements are, quite simply, trying to portray themselves in a positive light or desperately instil some sort of confidence into their rapidly dwindling supporter base by trying to suggest that Jagex is somehow acting dishonestly or unlawfully. This isn’t the case at all. In fact, the Court found that Jagex had not engaged in any unlawful actions in ruling in Jagex’s favour in the most recent series of such allegations raised by these parties. Jagex takes its lawful and ethical obligations extremely seriously and would never knowingly do something dishonest or unlawful. Remember, that some of these statements are coming from people that offer a “No Ban Guarantee” with their bots, a guarantee which we all know is untrue.

Has Jagex unlawfully or dishonestly taken or misused player information?

Jagex always takes its legal obligations very seriously. It has acted consistently (and is continuing to act) in accordance with both US law and with European Data Protection Laws (including our terms and conditions and privacy policy). Jagex has always upheld the highest standards of personal information security and privacy and at all times, and has acted fairly, lawfully and in a justifiable manner.

Some third party bot websites have been making various statements and posting documents that have re-posted, linked to and commented alleging that Jagex is doing a number of things that are unlawful or dishonest in some way or the other. The opposite is in fact true. The developers of IBOT appear particularly upset with Jagex’s recent actions, including the fact that their bot and their business have been worthless since Bot Nuke Day. In ruling in favour of Jagex on a motion filed by the IBOT developers in the United States regarding such allegations from the IBOT developers, the court found that Jagex had not engaged in any such improprieties and that while “[t]he dire consequences predicted by defendants may transpire, but there are no legitimate grounds upon which this Court is authorized to forestall them.”

Quite simply, Jagex has always acted lawfully and honestly and the allegations levelled by the bot developers against Jagex, have been found to be without support.

What happens now?

Jagex is continuing to focus its efforts on restoring RuneScape back to its very best following a successful Bot Nuke Day. Jagex may continue to do other technical and/or legal things in the meantime, but won’t always be able to tell you all the details or specifics of any ongoing lawsuit such as the current suits in the District of Massachusetts and the Central District of California.

What happened to RSBuddy?

Some of you may also have noticed recently that a significant former bot developer RSBuddy has both acknowledged the harm caused to RuneScape by bots but also completely renounced the further development of any bot software, taking the decision to reform into a RS fansite instead. I warmly welcome this well considered and smart development, I hope that all other bot developers will quickly see the wisdom in RS Buddy’s actions and likewise summarily shut down their own harmful operations before it’s too late. In recognition of recent events and as gesture of goodwill Jagex will draw a line under RSBuddy’s previous activity and that of their former customers provided they remain true to their pledge.

Is Jagex permanently anti-bot?

Jagex always has maintained a consistent position on botting: botting is cheating and ruins the game for legitimate players. We will continue to do whatever we legally can, in both technological and legal avenues, in order to continue removing botting and gold farming from the game. This all comes at considerable cost to Jagex including: considerable development time; high legal fees; and the significant time our dedicated staff have to spend on this.

Don’t believe everything you read on botters’ forums – or take things at face value. Both the technical and legal side of things are fiendishly complicated and subject to all sorts of confidentiality obligations and opinions, that often are seriously misunderstood even by those directly involved. Also, they all claim to be “totally undetectable”, “just like a human” and offer “no ban guarantees.” All are completely false claims; we are carefully monitoring the activities of the remaining screen scraping bots in game.

Bot Nuke Day is the culmination of a series of different measures, all designed to work together, to dramatically stamp out botting in RuneScape. The measures are all working so far; as before, we are only just getting started with a number of updates due over the next few weeks and we will continue to work hard on every front to wipe botting and gold farming out of RuneScape for good.

Again, thank you for your part in helping us wipe out the bots and gold farming from RuneScape.

oh oh oh oh oh

FYI, this isn't citing a source, you're just copy pasting the same shit that's been around the internet for years.

Ok - seeing that, I actually agree that having a kind of "Do you work for Jag, if so, disallowed to register/view forums" this may be a partial legal defense if Jag choose to quote anything on the forum.

Also vipertek, the source is the only thing you CAN trust, lol.

Not true. However, even if he did have some kind of source, he hasn't shown any kind of proof or anything. He's just spewing the same BS he's been saying since he joined.

@elsom23 feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, with actual proof, not the same copy paste bs you've been replying with.

FYI, this isn't citing a source, you're just copy pasting the same shit that's been around the internet for years.

Not true. However, even if he did have some kind of source, he hasn't shown any kind of proof or anything. He's just spewing the same BS he's been saying since he joined.

@elsom23 feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, with actual proof, not the same copy paste bs you've been replying with.
Bruh I remember reading this on the bot nuke day, you could google part of the text to find the source.

And yeah I'm no lawer but I thought it's worth considering.

Bruh I remember reading this on the bot nuke day, you could google part of the text to find the source.

And yeah I'm no lawer but I thought it's worth considering.
Yes, bot nuke day, from years ago, not recently. That's why I meant a recent source. obviously 99% of people who bot have seen that. He always says he has an inside source, yet this is old news that everyone knows.

Jagex is a company?
They are basically a group of developers who run a game.

They have no customer service. No business model. And I don't think they've published any other major games besides runescape.

Not even a company IMO.
They are a company, whether you think they are or not.

Yes, bot nuke day, from years ago, not recently. That's why I meant a recent source. obviously 99% of people who bot have seen that. He always says he has an inside source, yet this is old news that everyone knows.

everything your saying is inside your head

[emoji14] ......

mmmm
Besides the fact that that email is over 3 years old, there's no way to tell if it's authentic or not. But if you knew anything, you probably already knew that. Besides, the email wouldn't be coming from Jagex. The player would have received a certified letter from Jagex's attorney's. Anyone can delete an email and say they never received it. Pretty hard to say you never received a certified letter when it is served to your face.

This is a pointless argument. Nothing we're saying will impact Jagex's decision to persue legal action or not. And unless Arbiter sorts through this bile, it's not going to impact him either, and the one constructive idea I've seen is having a registration stipulation to attempt to bar Jamflex from registering.

Now this argument has degraded to ad hominem and useless finger pointing.

For all we know there could be someone from jagex or that is affiliated with jagex joined and commenting on here as we speak. No offense to elsom23 but him posting those messages about jagex and bot nuke day seems sketchy to me. I cant really speak tho since I'm new and probably seem now that I made this post I could be a suspect also. which is fine by me cause I know I'm not affiliated with jagex what so ever. But I do agree with more security on these fourms and sites so something like what I'm describing cant happen! What really irritates me how if those messages that elsom23 posted is true and he does have a legitimate source, they have such a big problem with bots and say it ruins it for legit players and is ruining runescape. I disagree cause without bots collecting the stuff they do and etc etc, wouldn't it be better for runescape to keep prices down on items and keep its market flowing. items are more available and not so rare, making money and etc is hard as it is even with a bot. Stuff takes way to long with out it. Back in the day I used to play legit and it took me over a year to get where I am now with a bot. And besides that they also deleted my account from then cause I was inactive for so long. I was a member also, botting in my opinion does not hurt anyone or anything. They are just angry that people like to play differently then the way they wanted. If they would just leave us alone and let people do what they want since we "pay" to play on runescape then I think everyone would get along so much better. If someone wants to play legit and not bot then let them that is their choice. But I don't have the time to spend on my character the legit way with out it taking years to get the character to the point were the fun factor Is greater. Some might not agree with me or some might. But that is just my opinion on everything so far. Sorry for the crazy long post. Thank you for reading it.

For all we know there could be someone from jagex or that is affiliated with jagex joined and commenting on here as we speak. No offense to elsom23 but him posting those messages about jagex and bot nuke day seems sketchy to me. I cant really speak tho since I'm new and probably seem now that I made this post I could be a suspect also. which is fine by me cause I know I'm not affiliated with jagex what so ever. But I do agree with more security on these fourms and sites so something like what I'm describing cant happen! What really irritates me how if those messages that elsom23 posted is true and he does have a legitimate source, they have such a big problem with bots and say it ruins it for legit players and is ruining runescape. I disagree cause without bots collecting the stuff they do and etc etc, wouldn't it be better for runescape to keep prices down on items and keep its market flowing. items are more available and not so rare, making money and etc is hard as it is even with a bot. Stuff takes way to long with out it. Back in the day I used to play legit and it took me over a year to get where I am now with a bot. And besides that they also deleted my account from then cause I was inactive for so long. I was a member also, botting in my opinion does not hurt anyone or anything. They are just angry that people like to play differently then the way they wanted. If they would just leave us alone and let people do what they want since we "pay" to play on runescape then I think everyone would get along so much better. If someone wants to play legit and not bot then let them that is their choice. But I don't have the time to spend on my character the legit way with out it taking years to get the character to the point were the fun factor Is greater. Some might not agree with me or some might. But that is just my opinion on everything so far. Sorry for the crazy long post. Thank you for reading it.

Truly couldn't have said it better myself. 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.