Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

RuneMate 2.0 Spectre

Author of MaxiBots
Another 3 months..... -_- just release it already..nobody wants to wait that long.
You realize that it was a random person that said that it would be 3 months...
And no. Get the fuck out. You think it's being held off just to piss you guys off? There's no point releasing it to the public when it isn't in working order yet. That would just be stupid. So stfu and wait. Or go away.

You realize that it was a random person that said that it would be 3 months...
And no. Get the fuck out. You think it's being held off just to piss you guys off? There's no point releasing it to the public when it isn't in working order yet. That would just be stupid. So stfu and wait. Or go away.
alright lol easy there... at least do an update or progress from time to time, otherwise people think they're waiting for no reason.

Author of MaxiBots
And here's an unofficial update for you. A lot of method calls have had their execution time reduced drastically, they're almost all at suitable levels now. The instance creation wizard has been worked on and is now looking quite nice. There's not really much else to tell. Most of the stuff that's being worked on is just technical stuff that's all behind the scenes. Oh and spectre can launch runescape instances now which is good. We're very close to a beta version which is when some more people will be able to test it out. Not sure of the specifics just yet.

Author of MaxiBots
alright lol easy there... at least do an update or progress from time to time, otherwise people think they're going to wait for no reason.
Well i'm sure you can understand the frustration when you get someone coming in here every second day asking if its ready yet or for an eta or for us to just release it now. There's a reason it's not out yet.

Well i'm sure you can understand the frustration when you get someone coming in here every second day asking if its ready yet or for an eta or for us to just release it now. There's a reason it's not out yet.
alright sorry lol. Take your time as needed. When you reach beta stage, let me test it out in exchange for some money idk..

Author of MaxiBots
alright sorry lol. Take your time as needed. When you reach beta stage, let me test it out in exchange for some money idk..
That's not how it works lol. And it's not up to me. The requirements for beta access aren't set yet. It might be that you need to be a supporter (with or without a minimum donation amount), or maybe it'll only be open to bot authors (the alpha is only open to a handful of bot authors). @Cloud and @Arbiter might even decide to have it completely open to all users. I just don't know at this time.

However, new users will see this, donate to get acces to spectre and expect a finished product. I think if they let some older and still active users beta test it, more bugs might be found and more suggestions might be made.
This would be a relevant argument if Spectre was the only thing you were getting out of supporter. Supporter is only a "donation" perk to begin with, and you gain added benefits besides the Spectre Beta access if they decide to allow that for supporters. You get plenty of other finished products as well as a shiny pimp pink nameplate.

I read earlier in the thread someone suggested that they make it based on account age or time spent as a supporter, I think it would be nice to have it based upon "liked" or positive posts, allowing the more competent users to provide actual feedback instead of a shitstorm of "THIS DOESNT WORK I WANT A REFUND".

12 year old normie
3 months is bullshit. AFAIK UI is completely done, only internal optimisation left. Stuff as interaction delays can be better, and some more stuff like that.

That's all I really know and I think this isn't really a secret.

s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*
Another 3 months..... -_- just release it already..nobody wants to wait that long.
^ The byproduct of instant satisfaction.

Everyone here is working hard to give you guys a great experience when Spectre is released. And it will be released when Arbiter and Cloud feel that it accurately represents their professional reputation. I promise it's worth the wait.

Engineer
The main things remaining are adding support for OSX (Linux is already supported nicely) and improving the performance of clouse.

Discord: https://discord.gg/VPzHwCm
Where are you getting this "3 months" from?

100% Fabricated time frame. Without an ETA it's about as legit as any other time frame.

^ The byproduct of instant satisfaction.

Everyone here is working hard to give you guys a great experience when Spectre is released. And it will be released when Arbiter and Cloud feel that it accurately represents their professional reputation. I promise it's worth the wait.

People hate it when Valve, Wargaming.net (worked closely with them for awhile), or presumably Riot say they will fix/balance/tweak Soon (TM). Money and time are spent on products and people want fast results. And just like with those companies the user has no way to fact check if they are actually working---so they ask regularly.

The level of upset people get here for being questioned on release shows that this isn't much of a professional workup. The product is good, and the website/forums look good, but the attitude is one of a hobby maker for the talkative technical folks. By all means release Spec. when it's ready--no point in not--but if we're serious about not wanting to be questioned try taking off the SPECTRE release ticker than reminds everyone on login. Then both groups will be happier.

Edit:
Those spectre math posts were pretty great.

100% Fabricated time frame. Without an ETA it's about as legit as any other time frame.

People hate it when Valve, Wargaming.net (worked closely with them for awhile), or presumably Riot say they will fix/balance/tweak Soon (TM). Money and time are spent on products and people want fast results. And just like with those companies the user has no way to fact check if they are actually working---so they ask regularly.

The level of upset people get here for being questioned on release shows that this isn't much of a professional workup. The product is good, and the website/forums look good, but the attitude is one of a hobby maker for the talkative technical folks. By all means release Spec. when it's ready--no point in not--but if we're serious about not wanting to be questioned try taking off the SPECTRE release ticker than reminds everyone on login. Then both groups will be happier.

Edit:
For progress: Spectre Alpha Status | Community | RuneMate

Also, imo the countdown should be taken down.

Leechers should not complain about Spectre.

Discord: https://discord.gg/VPzHwCm
Remember, supporters aren't buying anything anyway. That was somewhat of a to-do on a recent thread. Ergo, no one can complain unless it's a private bot purchase.

Again, this is a hobby mentality. Tell wildly popular F2P titles that letting...F2Pers complain is a bad idea. It's not and until a platform has strict $ tiering for support it won't be.

Remember, supporters aren't buying anything anyway. That was somewhat of a to-do on a recent thread. Ergo, no one can complain unless it's a private bot purchase.

Again, this is a hobby mentality. Tell wildly popular F2P titles that letting...F2Pers complain is a bad idea. It's not and until a platform has strict $ tiering for support it won't be.
Supporters contribute to the site, whilst leechers do not. By leechers, I don't mean all non-supporters. It's directed towards them non-supporters who spam shit about the ETA, and how Spectre is 420% fake.

Java Warlord

Edit:
You are right, both Cloud and Arbiter do this as a hobby, both of them are working or going to uni, thus they don't always have time.

The thing is though, that no one has a right to be upset about spectre taking so long. Because first, there is an existing, working client, and second, no one pays for using this client, meaning that there is no mandatory customer support.