Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

RuneMate 2.0 Spectre

I haven't done any profiling at this point in time. However I have removed some of the most cpu intensive code from the client and began research on a more efficient replacement.
How did you come up with the new mascot?

less CPU usage is all I want for Spectre. And less detection too of course. lol

so how's it coming along so far?

Hey arbiter, I remember you from rsbuddy. I loved your client. It was a ton better than rsbot. I'm a LITTLE skeptical though... Last I heard was something about rsbuddy being infected and you guys taking a ton of money from everyones accounts... Hopefully this wasn't true? I do remember a TON of people getting hacked using rsbuddy. What exactly happened?

Edit: Please don't ban or anything! I'm honestly just curious. Not trying to stir up anything. I'm sure it was a misunderstanding
The incident you're talking about is when Gh0st managed to hack RSBot/Powerbot and put a version of his StealthBot in the download (Gh0st). Arbiter and Jacmob were blamed by Paris, some shit went down, iirc Paris retracted his statement, Gh0st claimed responsibility and explained how it happened, there's still some people who aren't aware of the entire situation who think Arbi/Jacmob did it (I've even heard some clueless people claim that they hacked EpicBot and RiD as well, lmao). After this incident Jacmob/Arbi started working on RSBuddy and did their own thing.

I can understand how people get the PowerBot hackings confused and think they happened on RSBuddy, as the series of events caused by the hackings resulted in RSBuddy being developed (or developed faster than it would have).

Last post on this page sums it up I think. whats the story with arbitor/gho$t/jacmob and paris? - Support - powerbot

Java Warlord
The incident you're talking about is when Gh0st managed to hack RSBot/Powerbot and put a version of his StealthBot in the download (Gh0st). Arbiter and Jacmob were blamed by Paris, some shit went down, iirc Paris retracted his statement, Gh0st claimed responsibility and explained how it happened, there's still some people who aren't aware of the entire situation who think Arbi/Jacmob did it (I've even heard some clueless people claim that they hacked EpicBot and RiD as well, lmao). After this incident Jacmob/Arbi started working on RSBuddy and did their own thing.

I can understand how people get the PowerBot hackings confused and think they happened on RSBuddy, as the series of events caused by the hackings resulted in RSBuddy being developed (or developed faster than it would have).

Last post on this page sums it up I think. whats the story with arbitor/gho$t/jacmob and paris? - Support - powerbot
That last post is hilarious lol

I never knew about this. I knew something about being Powerbot being hacked and then ArbiBots (If I remember correctly, was made which I thought was a scam at first because I paid for a bot and it didn't work). Then from there I heard one of the lead developers at RSBuddy was able to create a new bot within the same day and was offered a job at jagex because it was such a massive update that took down all the bots and the developer bypassed it with in a day. From there onwards I had pretty much quit and moved on with RS, never knew it was because of the reasons above.

Author of MaxiBots
I never knew about this. I knew something about being Powerbot being hacked and then ArbiBots (If I remember correctly, was made which I thought was a scam at first because I paid for a bot and it didn't work). Then from there I heard one of the lead developers at RSBuddy was able to create a new bot within the same day and was offered a job at jagex because it was such a massive update that took down all the bots and the developer bypassed it with in a day. From there onwards I had pretty much quit and moved on with RS, never knew it was because of the reasons above.
Not quite. Arbibots existed on powerbot using a modified version of the powerbot client iirc. Arbibots was then shutdown as RSBuddy was created. RSbuddy was out for a while until the bot nuke occurred, at which time jacmob (the developer of RSBuddy) wrote a working client and took it to RuneFest(?) where he got hired by jagex.

Not quite. Arbibots existed on powerbot using a modified version of the powerbot client iirc. Arbibots was then shutdown as RSBuddy was created. RSbuddy was out for a while until the bot nuke occurred, at which time jacmob (the developer of RSBuddy) wrote a working client and took it to RuneFest(?) where he got hired by jagex.
He shared some nudies with mod mark and got hired right away.

Instead of complaining you actually might want to consider reporting the bugs.

I've taken a step away from botting for a bit havent been active, reporting bugs is the last thing on my mind rn. Seeing his post sparked the thought.

If I can run more than 5 bots on my Alienware 17 after update... I'll pay for supporter, hell I'll pay more than supporter.

Will the api be further developed soon after? And if any changes are happening, will these be released before Spectre release?

>Needs to stop being lazy and get stuff made

Engineer
Will the api be further developed soon after? And if any changes are happening, will these be released before Spectre release?

>Needs to stop being lazy and get stuff made
The API will resume its continuous development cycle and will be getting several new additions soon after (or concurrent) with the release of Spectre. As it stands, I don't think many bots will be completely broken by Spectre. I believe the main group of bots that will be broken by its release are those that are invoking game data gathering methods from system threads like the platform thread, event dispatch thread, and others.
Yeah, if you can figure out the lag part, RM will be me number. 1 choice
Luckily enough I'm rather confident that Spectre doesn't suffer from the lag issue although I haven't tested for it explicitly.

The API will resume its continuous development cycle and will be getting several new additions soon after (or concurrent) with the release of Spectre. As it stands, I don't think many bots will be completely broken by Spectre. I believe the main group of bots that will be broken by its release are those that are invoking game data gathering methods from system threads like the platform thread, event dispatch thread, and others.

Luckily enough I'm rather confident that Spectre doesn't suffer from the lag issue although I haven't tested for it explicitly.
Does this mean that there will be access to the bot thread? Idk if there already is, but I haven't come across it :p

Lets say for a bot, you wanted to populate a list representing loaded objects on a button press. Wouldn't that be classed as invoking game data gathering methods from a system thread?
Asking for "access to the bot thread" is probably the wrong way to word it, rather, will we have access to something that we can use that won't break the bots? Similar to Platform.runLater, or will we have to implement that outselves?

Engineer
Lets say for a bot, you wanted to populate a list representing loaded objects on a button press. Wouldn't that be classed as invoking game data gathering methods from a system thread?
Asking for "access to the bot thread" is probably the wrong way to word it, rather, will we have access to something that we can use that won't break the bots? Similar to Platform.runLater, or will we have to implement that outselves?
I like that idea...

@Cloud; Quick suggestion/Question, will Spectre have "instanced" RS Client Cache's? Basically loading the cache and deleting it when the client is closed.