Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Cuppa Corrupted Gauntlet

Was able to get 3 CG kills, but the rest 10+ have been deaths. I disabled use of Steel Skin. Turned on Direct Input. I think I need closer to 90 stats, i'm closer to mid 80s on range and mage. I did notice it took the bot 15 seconds on start to open the 1st room. I will also say that my computer is old, but I am on 30 ping worlds. There are some wonky delays here and there. Also noticed the bot killing unicorns, possibly for additional crystal?

One suggestion I may have: if there is extra time in preparation, after cooking food, make a few of the food karambwans so that you can stack eat the main fish plus the fish with crystals on it to be in the same tick. Not a big deal, but a small time saver :).

For now, I will return to the normal gauntlet until I have more time to observe the bot. I uninstalled various apps on my computer and will restart it later to see if that was possibly the issue. Will respond with a report of what I notice in more detail.

Great bot. It will only improve over time :)

Found best ping world at 30, but more importantly, enabled the GPU plugin which allows you to set a certain goal FPS. I had 10 FPS in every single world until I turned GPU on and set goal to 60. Now I hover between 30 and 50, which actually got me a kill in CG.

Awesome!

cuppa.drink(java);
Not sure what changed, but past two nights it's been running in with raw food... dying every run. Both logs I have said it died with over 900 health with 12 and 18 raw food in inventory... last week had 0 issues with it.

Was running beautifully just a couple nights ago.
It sounds like if it's been in the boss fight with raw food, it's started running out of time prepping. Honestly I can't think of anything that I changed about prep that could cause it to prep slower, Friday's changes were pretty much only small bugfixes etc. You can let me know if something during prep seems noticably slow or causing it to get stuck. I'm sorry it's been acting up for you, but the success rate (average) for v1.0.0 and v1.0.1 are higher than/similar to previous:
Corrupted Gauntlet KD info:
v0.3.3 [ Average | 10:5, 66% ] [ Highest KC | 17:11, 61% ] [ Best | 12:6, 67% ]
v0.3.4 [ Average | 10:3, 78% ] [ Highest KC | 53:8, 87% ] [ Best | 53:8, 87% ]
v0.3.5 [ Average | 9:4, 71% ] [ Highest KC | 71:13, 85% ] [ Best | 71:13, 85% ]
v0.3.6 [ Average | 9:3, 74% ] [ Highest KC | 101:19, 84% ] [ Best | 101:19, 84% ]
v0.3.7 [ Average | 14:3, 81% ] [ Highest KC | 189:8, 96% ] [ Best | 189:8, 96% ]
v1.0.0 [ Average | 17:3, 84% ] [ Highest KC | 171:20, 90% ] [ Best | 166:8, 95% ]
v1.0.1 [ Average | 14:3, 83% ] [ Highest KC | 216:5, 98% ] [ Best | 216:5, 98% ]

I think I need closer to 90 stats, i'm closer to mid 80s on range and mage.
80s are a bit low, but ranged is more important; Range damage scales a lot more with range level, whereas mage levels only slightly increase accuracy. Higher def/hp/prayer do help though too, and rigour/augury.

I did notice it took the bot 15 seconds on start to open the 1st room. I will also say that my computer is old, but I am on 30 ping worlds. There are some wonky delays here and there.
That is odd but it could be PC lag unfortunately. I can't run this bot on my laptop, and even on my desktop the bot can end up running slow if I have too much stuff open. Try to close as many programs as possible in the background and keep an eye on fps/ping.

One suggestion I may have: if there is extra time in preparation, after cooking food, make a few of the food karambwans so that you can stack eat the main fish plus the fish with crystals on it to be in the same tick. Not a big deal, but a small time saver :).
I might make this an option, my only concern is that the "upgraded" foods do heal less, but I know it can help heal quick with combo eating

Found best ping world at 30, but more importantly, enabled the GPU plugin which allows you to set a certain goal FPS. I had 10 FPS in every single world until I turned GPU on and set goal to 60. Now I hover between 30 and 50, which actually got me a kill in CG.
Ah yeah, FPS wouldn't change with different worlds but the GPU plugin can offload some processing to your GPU which can make the bot run smoother. That's good you got your FPS up! 10 FPS would definitely be very choppy and cause issues with the bot, but anything 30-50 FPS+ should be good :)

It sounds like if it's been in the boss fight with raw food, it's started running out of time prepping. Honestly I can't think of anything that I changed about prep that could cause it to prep slower, Friday's changes were pretty much only small bugfixes etc. You can let me know if something during prep seems noticably slow or causing it to get stuck. I'm sorry it's been acting up for you, but the success rate (average) for v1.0.0 and v1.0.1 are higher than/similar to previous:

80s are a bit low, but ranged is more important; Range damage scales a lot more with range level, whereas mage levels only slightly increase accuracy. Higher def/hp/prayer do help though too, and rigour/augury.

That is odd but it could be PC lag unfortunately. I can't run this bot on my laptop, and even on my desktop the bot can end up running slow if I have too much stuff open. Try to close as many programs as possible in the background and keep an eye on fps/ping.

I might make this an option, my only concern is that the "upgraded" foods do heal less, but I know it can help heal quick with combo eating

Ah yeah, FPS wouldn't change with different worlds but the GPU plugin can offload some processing to your GPU which can make the bot run smoother. That's good you got your FPS up! 10 FPS would definitely be very choppy and cause issues with the bot, but anything 30-50 FPS+ should be good :)
You are an amazing developer and I especially appreciate you taking the time to reply to all of us. I'm happy to spend my money for your scripts. I'll keep an eye on it next run and see if I can find anything that might be of interest for you :)

Hey, so I found out what the bug is... it seems to obtain both the orb and the bowstring, but keeps going around and killing mobs, even though it has everything it needs.

cuppa.drink(java);
Hey, so I found out what the bug is... it seems to obtain both the orb and the bowstring, but keeps going around and killing mobs, even though it has everything it needs.
That's very odd... On the "Items Required" list on the GUI does it just literally have nothing left on it...? Not even more fish/shards?

I've never seen or heard of this happening so it's very odd. My first guess would be incompatible plugins which is why I usually recommend disabling all plugins (though I believe I already discussed that with you), otherwise... I dunno. You could DM me a log from a session this happened & lemme know what time it happened around. But really not sure.

cuppa.drink(java);
Last edited:
That's very odd... On the "Items Required" list on the GUI does it just literally have nothing left on it...? Not even more fish/shards?

I've never seen or heard of this happening so it's very odd. My first guess would be incompatible plugins which is why I usually recommend disabling all plugins (though I believe I already discussed that with you), otherwise... I dunno. You could DM me a log from a session this happened & lemme know what time it happened around. But really not sure.
Hey, I ran two runs tonight, died on both...

"PC/RM lag. Died fighting hun (913hp), with 0/0 food (12 raw) 3 pots."
"PC/RM lag. Died fighting hun (982hp), with 0/0 food (11 raw) 3 pots."

Like I said, it doesn't seem to prepare for the fight. It will get most of what it needs, then just stand around attacking NPC's for seemingly no reason until it is teleported in.

Like I said, used to run perfectly :(

Hey, I ran two runs tonight, died on both...

Like I said, it doesn't seem to prepare for the fight. It will get most of what it needs, then just stand around attacking NPC's for seemingly no reason until it is teleported in.

Like I said, used to run perfectly :(

I've done about 200 runs now on this bot, yes it does die sometimes but I'm getting about an 80% run rate with 85 range / 89 magic. Works pretty welll and have made around 300M

I've done about 200 runs now on this bot, yes it does die sometimes but I'm getting about an 80% run rate with 85 range / 89 magic. Works pretty welll and have made around 300M
That's great. I've got 99HP, 93 range, and 94 magic... Maybe it's because I'm playing on a new Mac OS with the M1 silicon chip.. he mentioned a few pages ago about how there's been issues with it. But the Phosani bot is flawless as well, and I think that's way more intensive than CG.

I was getting the same results as you, maybe 80% success rate. But for some reason as of last week, it will get all the supplies and everything it needs, and then endlessly attempt to gather more crystal shards without cooking the food.

So @cuppa, would I be able to start the bot, pause it, and then gather supplies myself and have it just kill Hunnlef? Or would that throw it off?

cuppa.drink(java);
So this is telling me the bot is running slow on your computer for whatever reason. Specifically Runemate is running slow. I don't know if you can increase a program (runemate)'s priority on Mac?

I asked before, can you please verify: On the "Items Required" list on the GUI does it just literally have nothing left on it...? Not even more fish/shards?

And can you DM me a log (found in help > view logs)?

I just re-read our previous conversation and I know I've sent some debugging in the past, but I'm going to also send the full current debugging advice below. I don't know if any of this will help but I'm honestly just largely out of ideas unfortunately:
  • Ensure your stats are reasonable for CG (the Wiki recommends 85+ Combat stats, 77 Prayer & Rigour/Augury. But I'd prioritize high Ranged, ideally high Prayer & Rigour/Augury, high HP/Def. Att/Str/Magic don't matter as much).
  • Disable most Runelite plugins, as many can interfere with the bot (you can make a separate profile on Runelite with your current plugins saved, for using when not botting). You may choose to keep some on like GPU/FPS/Worldhop/Loot.
  • Keep DirectInput & Hopping Mouse on, and/or have Runemate's mouse speed set to 3x (in Runemate settings).
  • Ensure reasonable FPS (30fps+), Ping (50ms-), and CPU/RAM usage aren't spiking too much. You may consider closing other programs.
  • It's apparently possible for an Antivirus to throttle Runemate, so consider disabling it temporarily if you have a 3rd party one.

Feel free to test using the lite version of the bot so you don't get charged while testing.

So @cuppa, would I be able to start the bot, pause it, and then gather supplies myself and have it just kill Hunnlef? Or would that throw it off?
If you really want to do that, it should work if you:
- let the bot enter the gauntlet & light the first node
- pause the bot & do the gauntlet prep yourself if you want
- enter the boss room with Protect from Missiles on & immediately unpause the bot

I don't really recommend doing this but yeah it'd work. You can test with lite of course.

Curious if theres been a recent update thats causing performance issues? The last week I've been 85% success rate on roughly 100 KC and the past two days I'm barely breaking 50%.

After monitoring, the bot will sometimes just stand still and perform no actions. Even when I pause the bot and try to get it back on track it will simply not continue the script until it dies and restarts. My logs show "died fighting hun (1000hp) 0/0 food. When forced into boss room, it dies almost immediately as there wasnt full prep.

Also, the bot will overeat excessively causing at minimum 50hp of wasted food, which for my 105 combat account can make or break a KC.

Please advise.

cuppa.drink(java);
New Curious if theres been a recent update thats causing performance issues? The last week I've been 85% success rate on roughly 100 KC and the past two days I'm barely breaking 50%.
There's been no update to the bot, Runemate, or even the game in the past week or so. So any change is either a temporary Runemate issue or something changed on your end. Which can be a bit hard to debug, so I'll send the full advice below:

There can be a few different reasons for a lower success rate, so you could try the debugging below:
- Ensure your stats are reasonable for CG (the Wiki recommends 85+ Combat stats, 77 Prayer & Rigour/Augury. But I'd prioritize high Ranged, ideally high Prayer & Rigour/Augury, high HP/Def. Att/Str/Magic don't matter as much).
- Disable most Runelite plugins, as many can interfere with the bot (you can make a separate profile on Runelite with your current plugins saved, for using when not botting). You may choose to keep some on like GPU/FPS/Worldhop/Loot.
- Keep DirectInput & Hopping Mouse on, and/or have Runemate's mouse speed set to 3x (in Runemate settings).
- Ensure reasonable FPS (30fps+), Ping (50ms-), and CPU/RAM usage aren't spiking too much. You may consider closing other programs.
- It's apparently possible for an Antivirus to throttle Runemate, so consider disabling it temporarily if you have a 3rd party one.
- It's always possible it's a temporary Runemate or bot issue and you can try again later.
- It may just be very bad luck.

Feel free to test using the lite version of the bot so you don't get charged while testing.

After monitoring, the bot will sometimes just stand still and perform no actions. Even when I pause the bot and try to get it back on track it will simply not continue the script bot until it dies and restarts. My logs show "died fighting hun (1000hp) 0/0 food. When forced into boss room, it dies almost immediately as there wasnt full prep.
This sounds very odd... My first guess would be incompatible plugins, but I don't know what would cause it to just stop doing anything consistently.

Also, the bot will overeat excessively causing at minimum 50hp of wasted food, which for my 105 combat account can make or break a KC.
Overeat meaning it'll eat even when less than 20 hp missing? I haven't seen this reported at all, and it should be impossible. The only things I can think of that would cause it would be a lot of lag or plugins, or just Runemate really reading data wrong.

Hopefully any of the general debugging advice helps, especially plugin related or just restarting your pc, I dunno.

So this is telling me the bot is running slow on your computer for whatever reason. Specifically Runemate is running slow. I don't know if you can increase a program (runemate)'s priority on Mac?

I asked before, can you please verify: On the "Items Required" list on the GUI does it just literally have nothing left on it...? Not even more fish/shards?

And can you DM me a log (found in help > view logs)?

I just re-read our previous conversation and I know I've sent some debugging in the past, but I'm going to also send the full current debugging advice below. I don't know if any of this will help but I'm honestly just largely out of ideas unfortunately:

If you really want to do that, it should work if you:
- let the bot enter the gauntlet & light the first node
- pause the bot & do the gauntlet prep yourself if you want
- enter the boss room with Protect from Missiles on & immediately unpause the bot

I don't really recommend doing this but yeah it'd work. You can test with lite of course.

Cuppa, again, thank you for your time. Rather than myself, I am absolutely attempting to speak for the Mac users in this large list of users. I absolutely understand we are the minority, but we appreciate your constant attention so much! Like I said, I am happy to pay you for the services you provide! The bot seemingly runs perfectly on my computer. No latency or FPS issues. The only issue is that it seemingly just wants to hunt for more supplies rather than prepare for the boss. I have no idea. Like I said, brand new MacBook running the game extremely smooth, definitely well over qualified for a game such as OSRS. I am on fiber optic internet. The actual bot works just fine, it's just seemingly not wanting to finish prep. it's weird to me because it was working BEAUTIFULLY prior to a recent update. I totally understand your priority not being in the 5% of users with Mac OS, but your input is greatly appreciated.

THIS TEST WAS PERFORMED WITH RUNELITE WITH 0 PLUGINS ENABLED, and I was watching the entire time:

93 RANGE, 94 MAGE, 99HP

Start: Performs as intended.

6:00 remaining: gathering material, tanking npc's

5:50 gathering grym leaf

5:30 back at base. dropped pickaxe and axe

5:00 prepared 3 complete potions

4:30, catching fish

3:50 attacking dragon for corrupted orb

3:20 searching for other t3 items, attacking other dragon, received spike

2:30, has 250 crystal shards, attacking minions

2:00 fishing, picking linum

1:30, inspecting rooms not on the edge...

1:15 attacking bear..

1:00 received crystal bowstring

30s, preparing and cooking fish.

(OK this Time It actually prepared?)

currently whipping hunleff's ass?

fucking hell it just dropped the Hunllef mother fucker

Ok apparently it seems to be working again? But I SWEAR it failed the last 6 runs I tried.

died at 28hp left but was a little short on food.

run 2:

Next run not so well. "SHORT ON PADDLEFISH: MAX"

but actually cooked it this time. DIEd at hunnLef 519HP 0/11 PADDLEfish

Run 3: 4:40 - full t1 armor created, 3 grym leafs, paddlefish stack ready to cook

3:19, found dragon, killed for orb

2:30, slowly created potions

2:15 fishing

1:40 attacking dark beast for t3 weapon

30s, finishing up

fighting Hunllef atm.

PC/RM lag: Died fighting Hunllef 642hp w/ 17/24 food left (0) raw.

Huh. Not sure what hapened recently but seems to be working ok.

From what I'm seeing, it will keep prioritizing the last T3 weapon to the point where it won't prepare itself for the boss fight whatsoever. it was gunning for the crystal orb with 30 seconds left, when it got the orb, it went back, crafted what it could, and then went into boss fight with 0 cooked fish. Have not gotten a single KC in weeks.

Like I said, OSRS runs butter smooth and I am running fiber optic internet... and that's the exact same set up it was when it was doing 80-90% clearances.

12:03 EST update, turned off T3 priority. I'll report how it goes

Goal items only last run was 2 corrupted shards...

Last edited:
Really solid results I must admit. Stats are 85s and its about completing 80% of the runs and thats with no aug/rig and only 60 prayer. It did however snag a 26kc enhanced for me so that's an automatic 5/5 and will be using from now on. Highly recommend this to everyone looking for a solid CG bot.
cb8967d9dc1194e55cd96557fc0e0036.png

Last edited:
cuppa.drink(java);
Rather than myself, I am absolutely attempting to speak for the Mac users in this large list of users. I absolutely understand we are the minority, but we appreciate your constant attention so much!
Just as a side note, I'm actually botting on a Mac computer as well :p Most of the time I do bot on my Windows partition (you can use bootcamp to pretty easily set up a windows partition if you'd like to try), but I do also bot a good amount on my mac partition.

Though Runemate does seem to have some issues specifically on NEW macs (my mac is from 2017), so it's definitely possible these are some new-mac Runemate issues that are on Party's radar but he hasn't fixed yet. Apparently we may be moving Runemate to Java 17 soon, which may fix some of these issues.

Just in case I hadn't mentioned it before, apparently on new macs, Runemate can have an issue where it won't work properly unless Runemate is the focused window (runemate specifically, not just runelite apparently), though it doesn't sound like the issue here. To clarify I know we talked about App Nap before but I think this is a different issue.

From what I'm seeing, it will keep prioritizing the last T3 weapon to the point where it won't prepare itself for the boss fight whatsoever. it was gunning for the crystal orb with 30 seconds left, when it got the orb, it went back, crafted what it could, and then went into boss fight with 0 cooked fish
I recognize that this isn't ideal and theoretically the bot should be prepping & fighting with even the T2 weaponry if it doesn't find T3. But this isn't the root issue here, as when the bot is running properly (on a reasonably levelled account) it will have enough time almost always to get T3 and prep & fight.

So honestly it sounds like the primary issue is that the bot is just running slightly slow/behind for you, which is weird because it sounds like your Mac should definitely be able to run it. The message:
PC/RM lag: Died fighting Hunllef 642hp w/ 17/24 food left (0) raw.
Also tells me that your pc is running the bot very slowly. For the message "PC/RM lag" to show, it means it consistently took longer than a tick (600ms) to calculate the next tile (which takes 20ms on my mac). And I think we've discussed that before, I'm sorry I'm probably talking in circles on this. I just don't know what else to recommend.

Honestly it may be worth considering using bootcamp and installing windows as a partition to bot on. Pretty sure you don't even need to pay to activate windows, if you don't mind the little "activate windows" text in the corner.

Just as a side note, I'm actually botting on a Mac computer as well :p Most of the time I do bot on my Windows partition (you can use bootcamp to pretty easily set up a windows partition if you'd like to try), but I do also bot a good amount on my mac partition.

Though Runemate does seem to have some issues specifically on NEW macs (my mac is from 2017), so it's definitely possible these are some new-mac Runemate issues that are on Party's radar but he hasn't fixed yet. Apparently we may be moving Runemate to Java 17 soon, which may fix some of these issues.

Just in case I hadn't mentioned it before, apparently on new macs, Runemate can have an issue where it won't work properly unless Runemate is the focused window (runemate specifically, not just runelite apparently), though it doesn't sound like the issue here. To clarify I know we talked about App Nap before but I think this is a different issue.

I recognize that this isn't ideal and theoretically the bot should be prepping & fighting with even the T2 weaponry if it doesn't find T3. But this isn't the root issue here, as when the bot is running properly (on a reasonably levelled account) it will have enough time almost always to get T3 and prep & fight.

So honestly it sounds like the primary issue is that the bot is just running slightly slow/behind for you, which is weird because it sounds like your Mac should definitely be able to run it. The message:

Also tells me that your pc is running the bot very slowly. For the message "PC/RM lag" to show, it means it consistently took longer than a tick (600ms) to calculate the next tile (which takes 20ms on my mac). And I think we've discussed that before, I'm sorry I'm probably talking in circles on this. I just don't know what else to recommend.

Honestly it may be worth considering using bootcamp and installing windows as a partition to bot on. Pretty sure you don't even need to pay to activate windows, if you don't mind the little "activate windows" text in the corner.
You're not talking in circles and I greatly appreciate your input. Seriously. Hopefully I can be of some assistance in helping you troubleshoot, but at this point, it seems more like an issue on my end :p It's so weird though, because when I'm just running Runelite, I never experience any sort of lag and I spend most of my time in TOB or other high input bosses, so it must justt be something with Runemate. Totally understandable, it's not a make or break situation, because I play myself 99% of the time :).

I'll see about setting up a windows partition, but if not, I can definitely wait until Runemate updates. My brother has a Windows CD key for his Mac, if it can be shared I will definitely give it a shot. My work laptop is beefy as fuck, but I doubt they'd let me download a RuneScape bot on there ;)

Yeah, it's very odd how it seemingly happened so suddenly, but I 100% understand. Good to know you use a Mac as well. Seems like it was probably just a RuneMate update that I just happened to assume is an update from this script.

I have an older Mac from 2010 that still runs smoothly I may try it on. I don't use bots very much, but usually more so as a supplement to what I'm already doing.

Thank you for your input, I'll quit harassing you now. But thank you for all the work you do. I know you get paid to create these bots, but the fact that you care enough to reply to people with concerns means a lot!! Like I said in an earlier message, I am 100% happy to pay for your services. Hopefully over time, things work out, and I can continue to do so :p

Great bot, so far 450kc on corrupted (on a 1 defence). Last few days prep seems to be less consistent, I found myself dying in prep or going in with raw/no food. Also seems to be wandering on danger tiles quite frequently, especially with the tornadoes near the end of the fight. Still 9/10 for me though.

cuppa.drink(java);
Great bot, so far 450kc on corrupted (on a 1 defence). Last few days prep seems to be less consistent, I found myself dying in prep or going in with raw/no food. Also seems to be wandering on danger tiles quite frequently, especially with the tornadoes near the end of the fight. Still 9/10 for me though.
Nothing should have changed recently with the bot or Runemate, though there were Runemate issues yesterday that could be related (which are now fixed by restarting osrs & RM).

Otherwise this sounds like either PC/RM lag, or possibly a plugin interfering? Sorry it's hard to say exactly what the cause is, but I'll post the general advice below just in case.

I'm glad to hear it's still a 9/10 and is working reasonably well though :) Just trying to help bump it to 10/10 if possible
- Disable most Runelite plugins, as many can interfere with the bot (you can make a separate profile on Runelite with your current plugins saved, for using when not botting). You may choose to keep some on like GPU/FPS/Worldhop/Loot.
- Keep DirectInput & Hopping Mouse on, and/or have Runemate's mouse speed set to 3x (in Runemate settings).
- Ensure reasonable FPS (30fps+), Ping (50ms-), and CPU/RAM usage aren't spiking too much. You may consider closing other programs.
- It's apparently possible for an Antivirus to throttle Runemate, so consider disabling it temporarily if you have a 3rd party one.
- It's always possible it's a temporary Runemate or bot issue and you can try again later.

cuppa.drink(java);
CuppaJava updated Cuppa CorruptedGauntlet with a new update entry:

Cuppa CorruptedGauntlet v1.1.0 Released!

Cuppa CorruptedGauntlet updated to v1.1.0.
- greatly improved the computational efficiency of querying data during the hunllef fight, and also during prep; should require a lot less CPU resources & be smoother
- added an option to drop items (mostly useful for UIM)
- added (optional) DirectInput handling of prayers during prep as well
- fixed (another) issue where the bot would rarely do the outer route with only a sceptre
- fixed (niche) issue where the bot might get confused & leave if it crafts all armor pieces on first rotation but had zero fish
- (hopefully) fixed bug where the bot could get confused looting 2 piles directly next to each other
- some improvements to pathing

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
This is a great bot, Cuppa. Although, I have only completed 1 kill and 6 deaths, and this is completely my fault. I've read most of your suggestions, enabling GPU helped dramatically & increased my FPS from 10-11 to a consistent 20+, although it is at 50FPS before I start running the script. I am also on a 2020 MacBook Pro with the intel processor. I think the main completion problem comes from this, and I have nothing else running in the background and the mouse speed is at 3x. Do you have any suggestions that could possibly boost my fps? Also worth noting im on an Ironman without rigour/augury... 70 prayer/89 ranged/85 magic/92hps. Thanks for all you do to make this script possible.