Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Computer hardware service

Ok so I can make the h320 fans pull in cold air and use the front 2 fans and back fan as an exhaust? Btw, on which side do you positons the fans on the radiator if you want to push or pull?
I would make the two front as intakes, because you want that cool air to be pulled in to help cool your graphics card, which is really important.
It's best for the H320 fans to exhaust because if it intakes, you're heating up other components for no reason.
You can run fans on either side regardless of whether you're running push or pull, I prefer to have air pulled through my radiators, that way I can very easily clean the radiator without removing the fan. If you push air through the radiator, you cannot clean it without taking the fans off which is a hassle.

The Pip Collector
I would make the two front as intakes, because you want that cool air to be pulled in to help cool your graphics card, which is really important.
It's best for the H320 fans to exhaust because if it intakes, you're heating up other components for no reason.
You can run fans on either side regardless of whether you're running push or pull, I prefer to have air pulled through my radiators, that way I can very easily clean the radiator without removing the fan. If you push air through the radiator, you cannot clean it without taking the fans off which is a hassle.
Ah nice nice. Thanks for all the advice man! Would you mind showing me how your cpu case looks like from the inside?

Ah nice nice. Thanks for all the advice man! Would you mind showing me how your cpu case looks like from the inside?
I would take a picture but my Nexus 4 has a hatred for the camera for whatever reason, and my old pictures must've been deleted due to a reformat or something.
When I take a picture with my phone, it shuts the phone down o_o Good thing I'm not remotely into photography.

The Pip Collector
I would take a picture but my Nexus 4 has a hatred for the camera for whatever reason, and my old pictures must've been deleted due to a reformat or something.
When I take a picture with my phone, it shuts the phone down o_o Good thing I'm not remotely into photography.
Ah ok np. Now for the fans. Which noctua fans do you think I should get for the front panel, the exhaust, and the radiator?

1x NF-S12A for the rear exhaust
2x NF-F12 for the front intakes
3x NF-F12 for the radiator.

The exhaust has no resistance, so a strong airflow fan will do perfectly.
The front intake and radiator both have resistance (fins/filters and a panel), so it's best to have static pressure to have optimal airflow.

The Pip Collector

The front intake and radiator both have resistance (fins/filters and a panel), so it's best to have static pressure to have optimal airflow.

Alright. I'm planning to have 3 gtx titan x, asus rampage v, and h320, and 64 gb ram. Should I still go for the 900d or 750/800 d?

Alright. I'm planning to have 3 gtx titan x, asus rampage v, and h320, and 64 gb ram. Should I still go for the 900d or 750/800 d?
I would either get a 750D/800D or a Fractal Design S, all of which will have enough radiator capacity to cool all of that.
For what it's worth, unless you're running RAMdisks, 64GB is a waste especially when you consider DDR3 is becoming old tech.

The Pip Collector
Loooool Nice troll m9
No troll. I'm not like others.

I would either get a 750D/800D or a Fractal Design S, all of which will have enough radiator capacity to cool all of that.
For what it's worth, unless you're running RAMdisks, 64GB is a waste especially when you consider DDR3 is becoming old tech.
I'll be getting 64gb ddr4 ram ;) . I plan on running very ram intensive programs as a software developer and I'll be getting 3 4k ips monitors for 4k gaming

I'll be getting 64gb ddr4 ram ;) . I plan on running very ram intensive programs as a software developer and I'll be getting 3 4k ips monitors for 4k gaming
Yeah software development wouldn't use even a third of that, the monitors will only rely on VRAM, not system memory.

I'm afraid you'll be disappointed on the triple 4k gaming front. I can't find the exact LinusTechTips or NCIXTechTips video(s?) but triple 4k is not possible, even with 4 Titans, unless you're content with microstuttering.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Pip Collector
Yeah software development wouldn't use even a third of that, the monitors will only rely on VRAM, not system memory.
I know, what I meant was that since I'm a software developer with specialization in graphics, I will be running a lot of intensive math algorithms as well as photoshop along with many other things :)

I know, what I meant was that since I'm a software developer with specialization in graphics, I will be running a lot of intensive math algorithms as well as photoshop along with many other things :)
Yeah that would be CPU intesive as opposed to memory, 16GB would be more than adequate.
Instead of 64GB I would invest in either a proper watercooling loop or a PCI-E NVME SSD, something that would actually net you performance.

The Pip Collector
Yeah that would be CPU intesive as opposed to memory, 16GB would be more than adequate.
Instead of 64GB I would invest in either a proper watercooling loop or a PCI-E NVME SSD, something that would actually net you performance.
I got the money to spend, who knows, i might start goldfarming on it running multiple VMS with all that ram :p . I want to avoid watercooling except the closed loop of the h320 mostly because i don't know shit about it, and i'll look into the PCI-E NVME SSD.

I got the money to spend, who knows, i might start goldfarming on it running multiple VMS with all that ram :p . I want to avoid watercooling except the closed loop of the h320 mostly because i don't know shit about it, and i'll look into the PCI-E NVME SSD.
So... is the video I linked outdated or what? Are the stuttering issues fixed?

The Pip Collector
I'm guessing the game isn't optimized to take advantage of those 4 titans. I'm not really sure with the latest update.

The 750D has room in the front for 2 120's or 2 140's. Is there a Noctua 140MM fan with same specs as F12?

Edit: I chose Noctua NF-A14 industrial PPC 2000 140mm for the exhaust and Noctua NF-F12 industrial PPC 2000 120mm fans for radiator and intake. Are these good enough or should i get the PPC 3000 ones? Oh and also, please recommend me a good fan controller.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZPK6f7 - Link to build

Last edited:
I'm guessing the game isn't optimized to take advantage of those 4 titans. I'm not really sure with the latest update.

The 750D has room in the front for 2 120's or 2 140's. Is there a Noctua 140MM fan with same specs as F12?

Edit: I chose Noctua NF-A14 industrial PPC 2000 140mm for the exhaust and Noctua NF-F12 industrial PPC 2000 120mm fans for radiator and intake. Are these good enough or should i get the PPC 3000 ones? Oh and also, please recommend me a good fan controller.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZPK6f7 - Link to build
Microstuttering and stuttering in general is still prevalent on quad SLI setups, they also scale VERY poorly, even the poster-child of SLI/Xfire (Tomb Raider 2015) performs relatively badly on four cards.
There isn't a 140mm Static Pressure fan from Noctua, because typically people will not use 140mm for radiators, 120mm became a pretty strong standard.
The NF-A14 should be fine for the rear exhaust, as would the NF-F12 industrial PPC for the front intake and radiator exhaust, I wouldn't bother getting the PPC 3000 because of a multitude of reasons;
1) You'll never need that static pressure and after a certain point, you're making more noise than you are cooling.
2) If you use PWM (implied you are via a fan controller), when using a PPC 3000, it will have a higher stall voltage than a 2000RPM fan, meaning you can't lower the fan speed too much before it stalls.

Your H320 should have come with a fan hub, mine did.
I hooked my pump onto CPU_OPT, then put the fan hub on CPU and run my radiator fans off the fan hub (as it's controlled by the CPU temperature). Then all my other fans are hooked up to the motherboard fan ports and the motherboard lets me control each fan individually anyway.

The Pip Collector
Microstuttering and stuttering in general is still prevalent on quad SLI setups, they also scale VERY poorly, even the poster-child of SLI/Xfire (Tomb Raider 2015) performs relatively badly on four cards.
There isn't a 140mm Static Pressure fan from Noctua, because typically people will not use 140mm for radiators, 120mm became a pretty strong standard.
The NF-A14 should be fine for the rear exhaust, as would the NF-F12 industrial PPC for the front intake and radiator exhaust, I wouldn't bother getting the PPC 3000 because of a multitude of reasons;
1) You'll never need that static pressure and after a certain point, you're making more noise than you are cooling.
2) If you use PWM (implied you are via a fan controller), when using a PPC 3000, it will have a higher stall voltage than a 2000RPM fan, meaning you can't lower the fan speed too much before it stalls.

Your H320 should have come with a fan hub, mine did.
I hooked my pump onto CPU_OPT, then put the fan hub on CPU and run my radiator fans off the fan hub (as it's controlled by the CPU temperature). Then all my other fans are hooked up to the motherboard fan ports and the motherboard lets me control each fan individually anyway.
Ah nice nice. I'm planning to have 1 exhaust, 2 fans on the bottom of the 750, and 2 fans for the front intake. I think the rampage V has enough fan ports to control all 5. Thanks for all your help btw, i high appreciate it. This is the first time im building a PC on my own, albeit a high end one since i want this shit to last :p

Ah nice nice. I'm planning to have 1 exhaust, 2 fans on the bottom of the 750, and 2 fans for the front intake. I think the rampage V has enough fan ports to control all 5. Thanks for all your help btw, i high appreciate it. This is the first time im building a PC on my own, albeit a high end one since i want this shit to last :p
How much does this monster cost? How far is this from the most powerful PC you can build with retail components?

Last edited: