Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

VisualRM [DEV]

Niche bots at your disposal
Trying to make a hunter bot for salamanders and the issue I'm having is it will try to click on trees that are in a region I don't want it to go as it's quite far away. I have a calculation condition if a tree is within the radius of the hunting spot coordinate but I'm guessing that isn't the same as "if the tree you want to click is within 6 squares, click tree". Is there anyway to do that?

This is the bot btw
I will add a 'within distance' method to the Gameobject/Npc/Ground item queries in the next release

Trying to fogure out a simple lava rune crafter using binding necklace, ring of dueling and earth talisman. but cant really figure out a check to see if the equipment contaisn a bindingnecklace & dueling ring and if not take one from bank and equip.

Also, how would i figure out coordinates?

Trying to fogure out a simple lava rune crafter using binding necklace, ring of dueling and earth talisman. but cant really figure out a check to see if the equipment contaisn a bindingnecklace & dueling ring and if not take one from bank and equip.

Also, how would i figure out coordinates?
Good you are taking stuff in your own hands. For equipment check the equipment condition. For Coordinates use the "GET" button, next to "Save" and "Remove" when adding it to the variable list

I tried zooming out of the canvas but it is completely blank. This is the log:
Code:
00:00:00 DEBUG    [Inventory view] Initializing Inventory View
00:00:00 DEBUG    [Inventory view] No inventory presets found.
00:00:13 DEBUG    [BOT LOADER] An error occurred while loading the bot framework
00:00:13 DEBUG    [BOT LOADER] Failed to load up bot

I tried zooming out of the canvas but it is completely blank. This is the log:
Code:
00:00:00 DEBUG    [Inventory view] Initializing Inventory View
00:00:00 DEBUG    [Inventory view] No inventory presets found.
00:00:13 DEBUG    [BOT LOADER] An error occurred while loading the bot framework
00:00:13 DEBUG    [BOT LOADER] Failed to load up bot
Is there no stacktrace with more information? If it is a JsonSyntaxException, then there might be an issues with the bot you're tryign to load. Try making a few nodes yourself and saving the bot followed by loading it.
Also, on what platform are you using RM?

I made a little gemcutter since why not, some easy crafting xp :)

Gemcutter — Bitbucket

^ The banking can be improved so that the bot doesn't close it - directly from:
[Inventory Condition: Contains any of: Uncut sapphire] -> [Bank withdraw action: VisualRM preset] (since this will store the things not in your preset. So make a preset with your gems and your chisel.

Good you are taking stuff in your own hands. For equipment check the equipment condition. For Coordinates use the "GET" button, next to "Save" and "Remove" when adding it to the variable list

Oh! didn't know that haha thank you.
I've came pretty far up until the points of actual teleporting and crafting. As interact with equipment "Ring of dueling" > "Duel arena" or "Castle wars" pretty much is a dead end and no points beyond that. (as the true/false or as you name them succes/failure nodes)

It's nice to see such a great visually bot and to learn us individuals some experience and understanding in bot structure and such without too much risk/coding. Thank you for this! a introduction video about setting up variables and how to use some of them would be very nice (Anyone?)

Edit: I've tried a simple Barbarian fishing one but when inventory is full it drops one fish and since "Inventory full = False" it starts fishing again. instead of a "Drop all of items".
Also dropping can be alot faster (not quite sure how though) maybe there i some trick to shift-click drop them i don't know.

bclZsAn.png

Edit: Inventory fix: [Inventory Condition]: Had < than # empty slots = 26 (now it only fishes one fish and drops it instant >.<)

Last edited:
Think about the logic and how it flows. Its a good use of the booleans, but your condition to decide to stop dropping and start fishing again is incorrect. in stead of checking if less then 26 empty slots, check if Inventory has any fish left to decide wheter to switch the boolean
Also for shift dropping add an entry to the request section. I have it on my todo but this way it gets priority.

There should be an area bound in many nodes. Like in your sand crabs script, the bot goes all over the place hitting crabs that are far away from the fight co ordinate. Also, it hits crabs that it finds on the way to re aggro location.

So an override and area bound is important to make the bot do a function and ignore all other conditions, and look for or perform things only in a certain area.

Other than thi, how do I use/interact with monsters, objects and items based on their ID?

The "information getter" and query system doesn't appear for me anymore. I've seen it before but there is no boxes there anymore even though I can select regex and advanced query options. Is this temporarily removed or should I submit a bug report?

Think about the logic and how it flows. Its a good use of the booleans, but your condition to decide to stop dropping and start fishing again is incorrect. in stead of checking if less then 26 empty slots, check if Inventory has any fish left to decide wheter to switch the boolean
Also for shift dropping add an entry to the request section. I have it on my todo but this way it gets priority.

In the flowchart I did actually check for if inventory.empty.slots == 26, not less. You have a condition in the condition checker which says "Have # empty slots" thus you can actually do this.
There are many ways to Rome.

There should be an area bound in many nodes. Like in your sand crabs script, the bot goes all over the place hitting crabs that are far away from the fight co ordinate. Also, it hits crabs that it finds on the way to re aggro location.

So an override and area bound is important to make the bot do a function and ignore all other conditions, and look for or perform things only in a certain area.

Other than thi, how do I use/interact with monsters, objects and items based on their ID?

For the sand crab script you can replicate this by putting a distance To coordinate check before attacking and using the new (within distance) filter in npc query. This will be added in the next release. However in the near future I'll be making a within area filter too. (Have to work on the UI for that tho).
Interacting with objects by ID is possible for Npc, GameObject and ground item currently. by using the Query filter (you don't have to use a name/action value then either). Using ID is not recommended tho, but it has its usecases.

The "information getter" and query system doesn't appear for me anymore. I've seen it before but there is no boxes there anymore even though I can select regex and advanced query options. Is this temporarily removed or should I submit a bug report?
The interaction node query builder is kinda bugged right now, you have to click back and forth between different nodes to make it appear again. But I'll try to fix this.Regex is always enabled btw, I have removed the toggle in the next update

Okay i'll digg into it, thanks all :) this product has real potential and it's quite fun to figure out and mess with these things yourself (PS: link to trello request page seems to be broke/dead (for me atleast)).

Last edited:
For the sand crab script you can replicate this by putting a distance To coordinate check before attacking and using the new (within distance) filter in npc query. This will be added in the next release. However in the near future I'll be making a within area filter too. (Have to work on the UI for that tho).
Interacting with objects by ID is possible for Npc, GameObject and ground item currently. by using the Query filter (you don't have to use a name/action value then either). Using ID is not recommended tho, but it has its usecases.

The interaction node query builder is kinda bugged right now, you have to click back and forth between different nodes to make it appear again. But I'll try to fix this.Regex is always enabled btw, I have removed the toggle in the next update
what is Regex?

hey, cannot load saved bots. Says nullpointexception thrown.

How would you make a cave nightshade picking bot? I've tried but I'm a bit stuck with the traversal.

Walking from castle wars to point A
Walking from A to B
Entering cave
picking cave nightshade

But I seem to have trouble... any help would be much appreciated

Okay i've managed to make a working Barbarian Flyfishing scripts bot with some help.

What it does:
1. Checks if person is in area, if not it walks there.
2. Checks if inventory contains: Fly fishign rod & Feather
3. Checks boolean if fishing = true or false
4. If true, and fishing spot available it starts fishing.
5 If false & inventory full starts dropping fish.

Might need some adjustments and finetuning.

Improvements:
- Faster dropping of fish (shift-drop maybe).

Attachments

• OSRS-Barbarian-FlyFishing.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 16