Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Architect [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Super magic potion bot works pretty good, one last problem... when the bot clicks on the interface to make potions, the re-click on the interface when half of the potions are made. So instead of making all the potion in one time, the bot makes them in two times. the bot is also very 'botlike' but yeah thats normal...

KliK updated Architect with a new update entry:

Architect v1.1.2 Released!

Architect updated to v1.1.2.

Read the rest of this update entry...

New Nodes
  • [Bank] Does Bank Contain
Bug Fixes
  • Fix an error that caused the bot to crash when logged out
Additions
  • Skill icons have been added to the skill tracker:
skills.png

Last edited:
Portable range is the proper spelling, afaik it is still case sensitive. Klik was going to make it not case sensitive at some point, but I don't believe it has happened yet.

In Press Key you do need to add a single space, otherwise you're not sending any keyboard command. This could be replaced with a click, but I felt with Portables it was more humanlike to use hotkeys.

The way I wrote the original Portable Super Magic Potion bot, no matter what condition the player was in when the bot started, that it would be able to work. However, due to the nature of portables I couldn't add an auto-run feature.

You can test where your issue is by manually switching through the stages. Does the bot withdraw from the bank but not click on the Portable? Then the issue must be because of "Portable Range" being entered instead of "Portable range". Does the bot withdraw and open the portable but doesn't make anything? The issue is probably in your press key command.

Re: case in-sensitivity

slipped my mind, added now and will be available in the next version

I am aware of the errors you are receiving in the current version of this bot. I will fix this tomorrow

There is no issue with the bot. I just started the bot, made a simple test bot that paces back and forth, ran it, saved it, loaded another project, loaded the test bot again and it saved correctly. Ran it one last time to verify, and no problems found.

Please include a screen shot of the code in your playground so we can try and identify if there is an issue in your design.

EDIT: Random thought. Are you connecting your "Start of Main Loop" to a State? Since the update where states went live, all code must belong to a state. Then you attach the state you want to start on underneath your main loop. You can see an example of this in my Herblore bot on the top of Page 3.

Yes I did connect the start to a function of some sort, not directly to a state though. I would send screenshots of my code, but the bot crashes immediately when starting it for some reason. I can send my file through this: Dropbox - MineStates1.json

Please note that the save isn't what I was actually using. It is missing many edits from what I actually tested but the save feature wasn't working regardless of what I tried doing. Idk how it's working for everybody else and just not me. I'm pretty adept with programming and state machines and DFAs so I know what I need/have to do with this.

Hi, after update, not able to run bot. :O Able to verify if it's only me or something's wrong?

(Not sure if it's your update that's causing the issue or runemate's update.)

Last edited:
Yes I did connect the start to a function of some sort, not directly to a state though. I would send screenshots of my code, but the bot crashes immediately when starting it for some reason. I can send my file through this: Dropbox - MineStates1.json

Please note that the save isn't what I was actually using. It is missing many edits from what I actually tested but the save feature wasn't working regardless of what I tried doing. Idk how it's working for everybody else and just not me. I'm pretty adept with programming and state machines and DFAs so I know what I need/have to do with this.

Despite the obfuscated names in the JSON, it seems that you don't have any state connected to the Start/Initial node. This makes any nodes you put in the playground irrelevant, as the first node being executed is the one connected to the Start node.

However, in the new update this will be changed - the Start node is removed completely and instead only states are available, allowing you to choose from which state the script should start running.

Hi, after update, not able to run bot. :O Able to verify if it's only me or something's wrong?

(Not sure if it's your update that's causing the issue or runemate's update.)

I am aware of the crashes and pushed an update to fix them (with some other additions) - waiting for an executive to confirm the update

I cant seem to load any JSON files that I have made now. Is this a bug or is it due to an interface change? Only asking so I know if I need to remake them.

Yeah the bot was updated, and some new features were added in addition to the bug fix

I will post official release notes when I come back home but for now know that you need to re-build your bots and re-save them

@Dark57 How would I go about adding to your script to open the letters from the current event? Would I need to add another state in before the banking state?

@Dark57 How would I go about adding to your script to open the letters from the current event? Would I need to add another state in before the banking state?

There are plenty of ways to accomplish it, it just depends on how robust of a bot you're looking for. The simplest way (and most frowned upon) would be to add a large string of logic to the bank state that checks the inventory for the letter and opens it.

The harder way and more preferred way would be to build multiple states to handle each compartmentalized set of instructions. So ideally you would check the inventory before you bank, and if it contains a letter switch to a state specifically for handling the letter. Once there are no more letters, decide whether to go back to the bank state or return to the task at hand.

As far as how to implement it in the specific bot you're using, I'm not sure. Which one of my open source bots are you using?

Last edited:
There are plenty of ways to accomplish it, it just depends on how robust of a bot you're looking for. The simplest way (and most frowned upon) would be to add a large string of logic to the bank state that checks the inventory for the letter and opens it.

The harder way and more preferred way would be to build multiple states to handle each compartmentalized set of instructions. So ideally you would check the inventory before you bank, and if it contains a letter switch to a state specifically for handling the letter. Once there are no more letters, decide whether to go back to the bank state or return to the task at hand.

As far as how to implement it in the specific bot you're using, I'm not sure. Which one of my open source bots are you using?

I am just using your portable bot, I will have to have a play with it. I think I would be best to go with the preferred option so I can set it to use the lamps and stuff that comes from the letters but as I said I will have a play with it. Thanks for the reply bud.

If you're having issues getting it working, take some screen shots and we'll see if we can help. Also, if you're expanding on the open source bots code it would be highly appreciated if you donated your modification back to the community.

Klik updated Architect and it broke the old saved bots, so that means I have to start my cooking bot all over from scratch.

If you're having issues getting it working, take some screen shots and we'll see if we can help. Also, if you're expanding on the open source bots code it would be highly appreciated if you donated your modification back to the community.

Klik updated Architect and it broke the old saved bots, so that means I have to start my cooking bot all over from scratch.

So far all I have done is change your Portable potion bot into a cooking bot. I posted the screenshot of it afew pages back for another member, going to have a play tonight when am back from work to get the letters sorted.

RuneMate V2.83.13
*Quickly saved everyone of our RS3 botters by adding a event handler for the "gifts" Jagex is giving us for the month of may that can't be banked and would basically break all bots that bank all items (which they didn't announce they'd be doing until they released the update)

It looks like Cloud has handled this issue. I'm not sure if the bot will automatically drop the letters, or if they will be opened but from what I can tell we don't have to adjust our bots to handle the filling of the inventory at this time.

In fact, if Cloud made it so the items are simply dropped then you might not be able to write a bot that opens them.

Hi, just tested the bot, I've created a script and saved them, however bot is not able to load the saved script (new scripts just created a few mins ago). I've done it on a test-script and yeah it doesnt load the JSON file :O. when attempt to load file, it shows blank on the bot.

Caused by me using some information that is obfuscated on release. Will be fixed in next version when an executive reviews the update

Hi, just tested the bot, I've created a script and saved them, however bot is not able to load the saved script (new scripts just created a few mins ago). I've done it on a test-script and yeah it doesnt load the JSON file :O. when attempt to load file, it shows blank on the bot.
same problem, saved my set I made yesterday, And today I can't load it :s

Caused by me using some information that is obfuscated on release. Will be fixed in next version when an executive reviews the update

Also Cloud has clarified that the event handler added to the client will open the letters which lets you deposit them into your bank, so it does not need to be added to your custom bot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.