Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

ApexCrabber PRO

@proxi

Quick question buddy.

What are the relevance of random events is rs07? Back in the day, we used to think of them as Anti-bot checkers - is it the same nowadays?

This bot doesn't dismiss or complete them correct?

What happens if you just ignore (not dismiss) all random events? Higher chance of being banned?

I've always babysat the bot, but @local855 above seems to have suicided quite a bit. Is there a trick to this?

Additionally, thanks for checking on the worldhop feature. How exactly do I get better xp from standing in one spot? I seem to kill the crabs then wait for them to respawn.

s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*
@proxi

Quick question buddy.

What are the relevance of random events is rs07? Back in the day, we used to think of them as Anti-bot checkers - is it the same nowadays?

This bot doesn't dismiss or complete them correct?

What happens if you just ignore (not dismiss) all random events? Higher chance of being banned?

I've always babysat the bot, but @local855 above seems to have suicided quite a bit. Is there a trick to this?

Additionally, thanks for checking on the worldhop feature. How exactly do I get better xp from standing in one spot? I seem to kill the crabs then wait for them to respawn.
You use the standstill playstyle by finding a location that has multiple crabs around a single tile coordinate in the game, setting that as your stand-still location and then let the bot do it's thing. If you do it on the crab claw island, there are multiple 4 and 3 crab spots. This will give you the ability to nearly have zero downtime between fishing crabs as there's no need to run around.

And the random events are handled by RuneMate. It's not a bot specific thing. Depending on a playersense value, you will either dismiss them or ignore them (or a mixture of both).

bot keeps freezing runs 1-2 hours max
Please provide more information and possibly a log file. I personally just got done with a 20 hour run.

Last edited:
@proxi A few comments about the special attack (SpA) feature.

Would it be possible to add some extra options to when the SpA? For instance:

The "Toxic Blowpipe" (ranged weapon) has a special that heals for 50% of damage done and uses exactly half of the special bar. Using this on a consistent basis, whenever available, would allow me to bring less food, in having better xp/h.

Adding in a value-based event trigger could allow us to configure when the special would be used.

I understand this is a silly request, IMO I feel the SpA isn't used enough :)

Let me know if this is something you'll consider down the road :)

Much love!

CHIEF

P.S. I can't find any RuneMate settings for random handling. In watching the bot it simply ignores all of them, which is concerning.

s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*
@proxi A few comments about the special attack (SpA) feature.

Would it be possible to add some extra options to when the SpA? For instance:

The "Toxic Blowpipe" (ranged weapon) has a special that heals for 50% of damage done and uses exactly half of the special bar. Using this on a consistent basis, whenever available, would allow me to bring less food, in having better xp/h.

Adding in a value-based event trigger could allow us to configure when the special would be used.

I understand this is a silly request, IMO I feel the SpA isn't used enough :)

Let me know if this is something you'll consider down the road :)

Much love!

CHIEF

P.S. I can't find any RuneMate settings for random handling. In watching the bot it simply ignores all of them, which is concerning.
For the random event handling, you should post your concern in a location that Cloud or another executive can see.

For the special attack improvements, I can add a some user configuration to allow the user to customize the special attack logic. I think that's a really good idea. The biggest issue that I was facing is there's no way for me to 'know' a special attack's percentage that will be drawn from the special. But if a user entered this value in, then that would be handled.

Bot keeps running east and west at refresh spot instead of returning to crab spot. Stand still wont run away to refresh at all just spams "waiting for respawn" in task log.
Can you post your log file? Additionally, be sure you read the overview page. I see that you're new, so it's likely that it was just a user error and you weren't in a supported location.

@proxi Muchas gracias for the quick reply!

Another idea, what do you think about having some sort chat detection and an auto reply.

Interfaces.newQuery().textContains("Range level")
Interfaces.newQuery().textContains("range level")
Interfaces.newQuery().textContains("Rnge lvl")

Not sure which method would be used to be honest.

getTextContainsPredicate ?

Reply with getrangelevel

Even something as simple as someone says Hey, hi, hello and we respond with the same.

I hope I explained that well enough. I understand that having a chat listener is computationally intensive, but hey, seems cool.

AS AN AFTERTHOUGHT, possibly add a "travel to refresh" button that will travel to refresh area before the crabs stop attacking that way you can safely AFK for 10 minutes. (This is more for botty-sitters :p )

Just trying to help improve what's already great!

Last edited:
s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*
@proxi Muchas gracias for the quick reply!

Another idea, what do you think about having some sort chat detection and an auto reply.

Interfaces.newQuery().textContains("Range level")
Interfaces.newQuery().textContains("range level")

Not sure which method would be used to be honest.

getTextContainsPredicate ?

Reply with getrangelevel

Even something as simple as someone says Hey, hi, hello and we respond with the same.

I hope I explained that well enough. I understand that having a chat listener is computationally intensive, but hey, seems cool.

AS AN AFTERTHOUGHT, possibly add a "travel to refresh" button that will travel to refresh area before the crabs stop attacking that way you can safely AFK for 10 minutes. (This is more for botty-sitters :p )

Just trying to help improve what's already great!
I've experimented with the above recommendation before and it ultimately comes off more botty than anything. Someone says WC Level? And then 20 people all say roughly the same response of their wc level. It ultimately just creates more of a pattern in a way.

As far as the babysitting force refresh feature, not too bad of an idea. I may experiment with that after this next upcoming update.

v1.3.8
  • Fixed several issues that was caused by RuneMate's switching of default distance calculation algorithm. The bot is now back to using it's old distance calculation method which should result in a smoother experience for everyone.
  • Overhauled Special Attack feature.
    • Users can now specify their weapon's special attack drain. This allows the feature to not solely rely on the special attack percentage being at 100% before being triggered.
    • Users can now specify the duration at which the bot should check for the current special attack percentage.
  • Added the ability to pickup coins. This should be useful for some Hardcore Ironmen.

s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*
The bot works for a bit then it wanders off aimlessly, I've lost like 8 hours worth of tokens over this
Do you have a log file?
I ran a 20 hour session with the current build on the store the other night and didn't run into this issue at all.

Regardless, the new build, v1.3.8, should be released soon. It's currently undergoing approval. It should fix any distance calculation issues if that happened to be the cause of your scenario.

Proggie of one currently running w/ break handle enabled
p0NRrbd.png

s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*
proxi updated ApexCrabber PRO with a new update entry:

ApexCrabber PRO v1.3.8 Released!

ApexCrabber PRO updated to v1.3.8.
  • Fixed several issues that was caused by RuneMate's switching of default distance calculation algorithm. The bot is now back to using it's old distance calculation method which should result in a smoother experience for everyone.
  • Overhauled Special Attack feature.
    • Users can now specify their weapon's special attack drain. This allows the feature to not solely rely on the special attack percentage being at 100% before being triggered.
    • Users can now specify the duration at which the bot should check for the current special attack percentage.
  • Added the ability to pickup coins. This should be useful for some Hardcore Ironmen.
Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Hey all, don't know if this has come before, but I was curious how you all handle botting the Crabs when there are other people around.

I've had problems with Stand Still not resetting properly, so I've been trying Spot Hop (with the moving counter when other people around set to 1). Unfortuantely, my bot will run into crab spawns already inhabited by other users anyway. I'll come back and later and see my chat log filled with different people cussing me out for crowding their spot. As funny as it can be, I'm still concerned that this could easily get me reported.

How should I handle setting up my bot to avoid these kinds of encounters? Crabs are always so busy it is almost impossible to find an area without at least one user. Might just be a bug with the moving spot trigger.

s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*
The Spot hop feature actually runs some pretty nifty algorithm to determine the best crab to person ratio spot. Sometimes that means that a player is there unfortunately. And also, these spots only look for coordinates that can 'touch' 2 or more crabs. Spot hop is great when you're at a nearly emtpy world or location.

However, I'd suggest using the standstill playstyle with worldhop enabled at a tolerance of two people. Do so manual world hopping and find a world with no other players at the coordinate you want, and then start the bot. No one is going to bitch if you have the crab spot first.

Additionally, the shore is SO crowded. Try using the crab claw island, crab claw cave, or maybe even swamp or ammonite crabs. The bot is very feature rich, and there's a lite version for you to experiment with :)

Damn banned after using for 20 hours with the default break handler.

Was a good run though and script worked neatly, thanks.

The Spot hop feature actually runs some pretty nifty algorithm to determine the best crab to person ratio spot. Sometimes that means that a player is there unfortunately. And also, these spots only look for coordinates that can 'touch' 2 or more crabs. Spot hop is great when you're at a nearly emtpy world or location.

However, I'd suggest using the standstill playstyle with worldhop enabled at a tolerance of two people. Do so manual world hopping and find a world with no other players at the coordinate you want, and then start the bot. No one is going to bitch if you have the crab spot first.

Additionally, the shore is SO crowded. Try using the crab claw island, crab claw cave, or maybe even swamp or ammonite crabs. The bot is very feature rich, and there's a lite version for you to experiment with :)

Wow, Crab Island is much better. I'm a newcomer to the new OSRS so still learning about this whole new continent. Thanks for the prompt advice and the script, top notch service!