Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Running RuneMate on Google Cloud (free)

Community Manager
Hey my bad, I phrased it wrong, what I actually meant was I can download the legacy client but I can't INSTALL it when I click next after the terms and agreement page it brings me that error message . Any fix or alternative ?
No you didn't phrase it wrong. I literally sent you a fix for the issue you're talking about. I had it on my school server as well.

No you didn't phrase it wrong. I literally sent you a fix for the issue you're talking about. I had it on my school server as well.

Hey how do I do this exactly ? I'm not sure what to copy and paste and where . Sorry

Hey how do I do this exactly ? I'm not sure what to copy and paste and where . Sorry

Okay I managed to copy and paste it but it's still giving me the same error man, is there any other fix??

Hey can i tell us how to fix it ? Cant find the solution when i trying to install osrs client get error message "the system administrator has set the policies to prevent this installation" Try`d "net user administrator /active:yes" but still i get the error :/

Edited-

Never mind i fixed it

Last edited:
@Gengsta Hey man, I am having the same problem you were talking about with Legacy in 2016, "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation". Could you explain your fix, I am not sure what you mean by trying to use msiexec /i RuneScape.msi while cd'd into whatever folder the installer is in lol ;/

Hey can i tell us how to fix it ? Cant find the solution when i trying to install osrs client get error message "the system administrator has set the policies to prevent this installation" Try`d "net user administrator /active:yes" but still i get the error :/

Edited-

Never mind i fixed it

ntiban will be implemented individually by developers, but it's

Could you explain what you had to do ;/ trying to do it for OSRS

@Gengsta Hey man, I am having the same problem you were talking about with Legacy in 2016, "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation". Could you explain your fix, I am not sure what you mean by trying to use msiexec /i RuneScape while cd'd into whatever folder the installer is in lol ;/

Could you explain what you had to do ;/ trying to do it for OSRS

Just open file with cmd

is this still working? does google automatically charges money from my credit card after the trial ends?

is this still working? does google automatically charges money from my credit card after the trial ends?
Well to prevent the worry of being billed after the date try using a prepaid card or expired card, then when they go to bill there is no money to take.

Well to prevent the worry of being billed after the date try using a prepaid card or expired card, then when they go to bill there is no money to take.
I used my empty prepaid card. they said that prepaid cards aren't available lol

running the installation through the command prompt won't work so I still can't figure out how to fix "the system administrator has set the policies to prevent this installation". Anyone have a fix??

I was unable to resolve this issue either. Disabled firewall, UAC and security suite and it still happened.

For now I'm running on Microsoft Azure's free trial but think I may upgrade to a dedicated server.
Any problems with Azure for you?

Any problems with Azure for you?
Azure is great, it's a lot faster/smoother than Google Cloud and I didn't have any issues getting runescape installed or run. The only disadvantage is the trial isn't as great, I think it's only one month and it uses your phone number for setting up your account so I imagine I won't be allowed to just create a new trial at the end of it unless I have a different phone number.

Using a VPS has made me realise just how good having your bot run on one is. I can just let it run without having to think about it, and I can just log into the remote desktop on my phone and see how it's doing or vaguely monitor it when I feel like it.

Azure is great, it's a lot faster/smoother than Google Cloud and I didn't have any issues getting runescape installed or run. The only disadvantage is the trial isn't as great, I think it's only one month and it uses your phone number for setting up your account so I imagine I won't be allowed to just create a new trial at the end of it unless I have a different phone number.

Using a VPS has made me realise just how good having your bot run on one is. I can just let it run without having to think about it, and I can just log into the remote desktop on my phone and see how it's doing or vaguely monitor it when I feel like it.
Awesome, i'll give it a try. A month for a trial ain't that bad it'll be good until I get situated on a different vps.

If anyone is wondering. I set this up yesterday and got the following for free:
  • 2 Months VM instance with 3.75GB RAM, 50GB disk, one virtual core (Running a single bot instance at stable 95% CPU on this)
  • Windows 2012 R2 OS
  • $300 credit which can be used next 365 days

Did require an actual credit card. Using near empty prepaid credit card did not work. If anyone would have a website where prepaid credit card works, please let me know :).

• 2 Months VM instance with 3.75GB RAM, 50GB disk, one virtual core (Running a single bot instance at stable 95% CPU on this)
  • Windows 2012 R2 OS

Did require an actual credit card. Using near empty prepaid credit card did not work. If anyone would have a website where prepaid credit card works, please let me know :).
You actually got RS running?

easily triggered ✌
  • Windows 2012 R2 OS

Just use your CC, it doesnt get charged i've been doing this for months

You actually got RS running?
Yes and it was a pain in the ass, i dont remember the method

Just use your CC, it doesnt get charged i've been doing this for months

Yes and it was a pain in the ass, i dont remember the method

I didn't have any problems in setting RuneMate or Runescape up.

Took less then 5 minutes.