Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tutorial RuneMate Spectre – Common Issues & Troubleshooting

Account got locked accidentally. Remembered the correct password. How long do i have to wait for it to unlock my account?

Where i would usually hit start runelite client, it only says patch runelite. Then says runelite has already been patched and it doesn't detect the client when i refresh it

i am having the same problem, says to patch runelite client. when clicked on then says runelite client has already been patch please restart runelite and runemate which i have done over and over but the same message keeps popping up..
i have also uninstalled runemate, restarted the computer and reinstalled runemate and still the same problem is occurring.
any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
i am having the same problem, says to patch runelite client. when clicked on then says runelite client has already been patch please restart runelite and runemate which i have done over and over but the same message keeps popping up..
i have also uninstalled runemate, restarted the computer and reinstalled runemate and still the same problem is occurring.
any help would be appreciated.

Something that i got to work for me was, uninstalling both mate and lite, restarting reinstalling then opening runelite before runemate, i did that twice and runemate detected the runelite that i opened up first.

hi, runemate won't let me log in, i use the correct username and pass but when i enter my verification code it says it can't be confirmed, tried it 4 times

hi, runemate won't let me log in, i use the correct username and pass but when i enter my verification code it says it can't be confirmed, tried it 4 times

same issue, telling me an error occurred retrieving account details and I know they are right otherwise I wouldn't be able to login to the forums.

Account locked? Used correct password multiple times in an attempt to log-in to the runemate client and continued to get incorrect password in response. I changed password and then got locked? Anyone have a solution?

**UPDATE FIXED** Set PC time clock to automatic

set pc time clock to automatic

thank you

Not sure if the right area but I'm having an issue with all scripts that involves picking up ground items. As of today, when running any bossing/CG script it seems that they all ignore ground loot and either won't pick up or get caught in a "awaiting loot" loop. The only fix is having the babysit the bot and manually pick up loot. The only RL plugin active is GPU. I've ran runemate for months now and this is the first time for virtual all scripts.

cuppa.drink(java);
Not sure if the right area but I'm having an issue with all scripts that involves picking up ground items. As of today, when running any bossing/CG script it seems that they all ignore ground loot and either won't pick up or get caught in a "awaiting loot" loop. The only fix is having the babysit the bot and manually pick up loot. The only RL plugin active is GPU. I've ran runemate for months now and this is the first time for virtual all scripts.
As you mentioned, RuneMate is currently having an issue detecting Ground Items on RuneLite. This will break some bots, including Gauntlet. Admins have been informed.

Botting on the Vanilla OSRS client should work though, so you could use Vanilla, or just try again later.

Hi, when I try to run the Runemate client, everything works up to the point where it needs to recognize that RuneLite is installed. It says that the RuneLite client is not installed, and I did run it several times before that.

Please help. I tried looking for an option to select the RL directory manually, but did not find one. What is weird is that RM used to run with my current setup just fine, I've used hundreds of hours, a lot of them on Cuppa

Last edited:
just installed the new update and when i click on log into runemate a red error pops up on the top saying "unable to log in:failed to download missing resources" ive uninstalled it twice now and im not sure what im doing wrong. thank you

RuneMate Spectre – Common Issues & Troubleshooting

RuneMate not working for RuneScape 3
Due to an update by Jagex, RuneScape 3 is no longer supported on RuneMate. See: Bug - RuneMate No Longer Supports RuneScape 3

Anti-virus detects RuneMate as a Virus or Trojan:
This is known as a "false positive" - RuneMate is safe and is not a virus or trojan. Please post a thread letting @Arbiter know your anti-virus so that RuneMate can be reported as a clean file to the anti-virus creator.
Windows prompts you to choose an App from the Microsoft Store to play/You'll need a new app to open this jagex-jav:
Download and install the official RuneScape client, directly from the RuneScape website. RuneMate only supports the official OSRS client.

Unable to create advertising
This is an error at Jagex's end when using the official RuneScape client. This is nothing to do with RuneMate. There is a workaround available here: Tutorial - Bypass "Unable to create advertising" error
Failed to bind to virtual machine because of a AgentInitializationException:
RuneMate and the game client need to both run on x32 bit Java. Remove any x64 bit Java installations and RuneMate, and then install RuneMate again – it will automatically download the correct x32 bit Java version.
RuneMate says you have reached your instance limit & you can't load another instance:
If the client is force-closed (or crashes), it can take the RuneMate servers up to 30 minutes to identify that the session has ended. Please wait up to 30 minutes and try again. If you still cannot run another instance, let us know. Supporters can run more instances than free users, see: Upgrade | RuneMate

Why are my hours disappearing so quickly? I haven't used that many hours?
You are likely on a shared network where someone else on your network has used up the hours. If this is the case you should speak to your service provider and ask them to give each connecting user a unique public IP address.

Attempting to start official client. If this does not work please do so manually:
You must have the official Runescape client installed – Download from the official Runescape website.
RuneMate Spectre on Mac OS:
RuneMate Spectre now supports Mac OS!

Mac OS - "Failed to locate an existing game cache"
You want to view all folders in your home directory. To do this, open terminal and type:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES.
You should now find .jagexcache32, get info and rename the folder to jagexcache
Restart RuneMate should now work.

To attach to this game client, Spectre must be restarted and ran with a 32-bit JRE:
RuneMate and the game client need to both run on x32 bit Java. Remove any x64 bit Java installations and RuneMate, and then install RuneMate again – it will automatically download the correct x32 bit Java version and everything will work.

Downloading one missing or obsolete cloud resource:
Restart RuneMate and/or restart your computer.

How do I use a Proxy with RuneMate?
As RuneMate uses the official client, there are no proxy options and you have to forward the traffic of the official client manually with 3rd party software. Read more in this Reddit guide: Client and proxy • /r/runescape

Failed to create the internal bot representation because reflection failed:
This occurs when the bot you're trying to load has a main class without a public, no argument constructor. Basically, the bot author messed things up a bit and you should report it directly to them.

An internal error occurred (error code: launch path not accessible):
Open RuneMate and go to Help > View Logs and upload your most recent log and include it in your post. We need to know the exception message to be able to fix it.
RuneMate has run out of accessible memory, try allocating...
Increase allocated memory to the Runemate shortcut. Add "-Xmx1300M" to the Target in the properties window:
4head-png.1035

Force RuneMate to and Runescape to run on a 32 Bit JRE for local testing/development purposes
Install a 32bit jre, and instead of running the command "java", enter the complete path of your 32bit jre java.exe For example "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_111\bin\java.exe" -jar RuneMate.jar

Attachments

• Cap5ture.PNG
    Cap5ture.PNG
    297.3 KB · Views: 11
"Runemate has lost communications with its bridge to RuneScape."
session will end after 30min and get this message after bot has stopped. Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

Hey there guys after the update to spectre I have been having two issues.

The first is that most of the settings I had saved in the scripts have been reverted back to default except for Hexis Slayer AIO not sure why this is? The second issue is that I keep getting an error message on Runemate stating "Runemate has lost communications with its bridge to Runescape" This has never happened before in the previous version of runemate and it ends the script each time and happens a couple times per hour?

Hoping you know the solve for this, thanks!

just keeps crashing over and over again, resetting rs or runemate doesnt help

"Runemate has lost communications with its bridge to RuneScape."

runelite continuously crashes when i open and load a script on runemate anyone have answers? restarted pc still happening

OGSLUMPED *Stay Slumped*
having same issue after 30 minutes i keep getting a message saying bridge lost connection to runescape ive been getting all day.

Also getting the issue where it says "Runemate has lost communications with its bridge to Runescape"

No fixes yet? I have uninstalled Runemate and reinstalled