Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tutorial RuneMate Spectre – Common Issues & Troubleshooting

im getting a unable to login:failed to download missing resources. i have tried updating runemate. reinstalled it etc. no lucki

Screenshot 2024-08-18 112912.png

Have been experiencing this, have disabled firewalls, virus protections, uninstalled both jagex client and runemate, cleared caches and cant find a fix. I would really appreciate some help here.

RuneMate Spectre – Common Issues & Troubleshooting

RuneMate not working for RuneScape 3
Due to an update by Jagex, RuneScape 3 is no longer supported on RuneMate. See: Bug - RuneMate No Longer Supports RuneScape 3

Anti-virus detects RuneMate as a Virus or Trojan:
This is known as a "false positive" - RuneMate is safe and is not a virus or trojan. Please post a thread letting @Arbiter know your anti-virus so that RuneMate can be reported as a clean file to the anti-virus creator.
Windows prompts you to choose an App from the Microsoft Store to play/You'll need a new app to open this jagex-jav:
Download and install the official RuneScape client, directly from the RuneScape website. RuneMate only supports the official OSRS client.

Unable to create advertising
This is an error at Jagex's end when using the official RuneScape client. This is nothing to do with RuneMate. There is a workaround available here: Tutorial - Bypass "Unable to create advertising" error
Failed to bind to virtual machine because of a AgentInitializationException:
RuneMate and the game client need to both run on x32 bit Java. Remove any x64 bit Java installations and RuneMate, and then install RuneMate again – it will automatically download the correct x32 bit Java version.
RuneMate says you have reached your instance limit & you can't load another instance:
If the client is force-closed (or crashes), it can take the RuneMate servers up to 30 minutes to identify that the session has ended. Please wait up to 30 minutes and try again. If you still cannot run another instance, let us know. Supporters can run more instances than free users, see: Upgrade | RuneMate

Why are my hours disappearing so quickly? I haven't used that many hours?
You are likely on a shared network where someone else on your network has used up the hours. If this is the case you should speak to your service provider and ask them to give each connecting user a unique public IP address.

Attempting to start official client. If this does not work please do so manually:
You must have the official Runescape client installed – Download from the official Runescape website.
RuneMate Spectre on Mac OS:
RuneMate Spectre now supports Mac OS!

Mac OS - "Failed to locate an existing game cache"
You want to view all folders in your home directory. To do this, open terminal and type:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES.
You should now find .jagexcache32, get info and rename the folder to jagexcache
Restart RuneMate should now work.

To attach to this game client, Spectre must be restarted and ran with a 32-bit JRE:
RuneMate and the game client need to both run on x32 bit Java. Remove any x64 bit Java installations and RuneMate, and then install RuneMate again – it will automatically download the correct x32 bit Java version and everything will work.

Downloading one missing or obsolete cloud resource:
Restart RuneMate and/or restart your computer.

How do I use a Proxy with RuneMate?
As RuneMate uses the official client, there are no proxy options and you have to forward the traffic of the official client manually with 3rd party software. Read more in this Reddit guide: Client and proxy • /r/runescape

Failed to create the internal bot representation because reflection failed:
This occurs when the bot you're trying to load has a main class without a public, no argument constructor. Basically, the bot author messed things up a bit and you should report it directly to them.

An internal error occurred (error code: launch path not accessible):
Open RuneMate and go to Help > View Logs and upload your most recent log and include it in your post. We need to know the exception message to be able to fix it.
RuneMate has run out of accessible memory, try allocating...
Increase allocated memory to the Runemate shortcut. Add "-Xmx1300M" to the Target in the properties window:
4head-png.1035

Force RuneMate to and Runescape to run on a 32 Bit JRE for local testing/development purposes
Install a 32bit jre, and instead of running the command "java", enter the complete path of your 32bit jre java.exe For example "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_111\bin\java.exe" -jar RuneMate.jar
Hey, I’m pretty sure my 200 hours are not resetting as it’s says I’ve used 200 in the last month but I have t used any hours it’s like it’s not refreshed from the rotation if that makes sense, if you could look in to my usage log and inform me if that is right? And if not please do update? Thanks!