Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tutorial Premium Bots FAQ

Which AWS charges you every time you run the software as opposed to monthly, by data quantity etc? It's like buying a bottle of coke and having to pay every time you open the lid, regardless of whether you take a sip or drink the whole bottle. It's an absurd model.

You are bitching about 15 cents...

now go to another client, pay 20$ for a month in advance and don't get a refund.

Happy botting
It's the principle, I was charged for a service I didn't use because of poor implementation.

Mod Automation
Which AWS charges you every time you run the software as opposed to monthly, by data quantity etc? It's like buying a bottle of coke and having to pay every time you open the lid, regardless of whether you take a sip or drink the whole bottle. It's an absurd model.
Every single one that is persistent over time, but if you would like a specific example see EC2.

I've been called a god before.

It's the principle, I was charged for a service I didn't use because of poor implementation.
What bot were you using?

If as you said, it did not work as promised and you are sure you set up it correctly ask for a refund which you will get if it was the authors problem.

Every single one that is persistent over time, but if you would like a specific example see EC2.
It's very different, nobody's running EC2 for 20 minutes and getting charged for an hour, they're running it for 1000.1 hours and getting charged for 1001. Example numbers but you get the point, AWS like that are designed to be run for a long time so the hour is a much smaller increase percentage-wise. Also you can probably change the EC2 settings without restarting it.

It's very different, nobody's running EC2 for 20 minutes and getting charged for an hour, they're running it for 1000.1 hours and getting charged for 1001. Example numbers but you get the point, AWS like that are designed to be run for a long time so the hour is a much smaller increase percentage-wise. Also you can probably change the EC2 settings without restarting it.
Some bots offer changing settings without restarting.

Tell the author to change that.
My bots allow changing settings during the runtime for example. And i believe some other do as well

Author of MaxiBots
I think it should be standard for premium bots, it's incredibly bad UX if the user needs to start a new session if he wants to change settings.
Indeed. @kazemanie You should test all the current premium bots and report back to me with which ones don't let you change settings while the bot is running.

Mod Automation
That is a grossly incorrect statement about EC2 usage. Counter-examples: Using EC2 for containerized build orchestration, auto-scaling for abnormal traffic spikes, or burst running distributed computational jobs. Also you can't change all EC2 settings without restarting. Try again, or don't.

easily triggered ✌
That is a grossly incorrect statement about EC2 usage. Counter-examples: Using EC2 for containerized build orchestration, auto-scaling for abnormal traffic spikes, or burst running distributed computational jobs. Also you can't change all EC2 settings without restarting. Try again, or don't.
ELI5

Use more jargon to justify taking people's money for nothing, I'm sure that will convince them

Need some help! I used Quality Slayer and it kept failing on me. It kept on trying to alter the setting and pressing play again and again after my attempts. Every time... it withdrew 10 cents! I need a refund on all my debits from quality slayer!

Need some help! I used Quality Slayer and it kept failing on me. It kept on trying to alter the setting and pressing play again and again after my attempts. Every time... it withdrew 10 cents! I need a refund on all my debits from quality slayer!
Since i'm the author.

I'll need:
- what you tried to do
- the bot did not crash on itself ( i have shitload of users that can prove it's working fine)
- logs or any other proof of you not using the bot
- "alter the settings and pressing play again"? WUAT

I was attempting to use the bot.. I would get an error message that I didn't have something correct. Supplies or gear. it would then freeze. I would then have to restart the bot and fix my mistake. Here are the transactions.

You sent $0.10 to RuneMate

Quality Slayer - $0.1 x 1 hour

Today at 12:01 AM

Yesterday at 11:54 PM

Yesterday at 10:11 PM

Yesterday at 10:08 PM

Yesterday at 9:56 PM

Yesterday at 9:51 PM

Yesterday at 9:38 PM

Yesterday at 9:32 PM

Yesterday at 9:30 PM

I was attempting to use the bot.. I would get an error message that I didn't have something correct. Supplies or gear. it would then freeze. I would then have to restart the bot and fix my mistake. Here are the transactions.

Today at 12:01 AM

Yesterday at 11:54 PM

Yesterday at 10:11 PM

Yesterday at 10:08 PM

Yesterday at 9:56 PM

Yesterday at 9:51 PM

Yesterday at 9:38 PM

Yesterday at 9:32 PM

Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Thatwas completely your mistake.

And it appears it did run for longer periods of time.
Less than an hour ofcourse but you used it.

Give me my .90 cents back. Your bot is trash and doesn't have clear directions on how to use it. I did not use it for a period of time. Look at the transactions.. I was charged for 2 minutes? and it crashed.. get real.

It's not even about the 90 cents. It's just that the bot is so terrible and customer service is even worse. I have to pay because of your terrible programming?