Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tutorial How to Use RuneMate Spectre

Java Warlord
i don't know how to use it :( when i push to update it says i don't have any active bots
Oh I was talking to Cloud, who not long ago made an update to the internal architecture of bots, which allows them to use multithreading when trying to find certain game entities like NPCs. This update caused a pretty high CPU usage for a while until it was fixed, so maybe it's still not 100% fixed, which is why I tagged him. Can't tell you any further about this though as I don't know much more about that update.

I cannot get runemate to read my OSRS client, I have followed the turtorial and have all the proper versions downloaded, but it still will not pick up the osrs client when i open it to continue to run a bot.

PLEASE HELP
Video Tutorial

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Credits to @jojo162 for creating this awesome tutorial

Logging In

Provide your RuneMate forum credentials (username and password). Optionally, if (and only if) you set up Two-Step Verification provide the key.

Starting Instances

Once you login you will be greeted by the Instance Config page. You can also navigate to this page by clicking the "Add Instance" button on the bottom right or from your menu using "File > New Instance." First, let's define an instance. An instance is a group of three things: a bot, an account, and a RuneScape client. In order to start an instance and be on your way botting you need to choose one of each.

Choosing a bot should be self-explanatory. Pick your favorite bot that you added on our Bot Store.

Now pick one of the RuneScape accounts you have added to the client. If you have not added one yet you can click the "Add Account" button and submit the credentials. This will keep your RuneScape account logged in if you get disconnected or get logged out from the game.

Lastly, you must select a client. A client is an application that loads the RuneScape game into it. At of the time this tutorial was created, we only support the RuneScape official legacy client (and RSU for our Linux users). If you do not have it yet now would be a good time to download and install it from RuneScape's official download page. Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you find "Other Ways to Play > Legacy Client." This is the one you are looking for. Please keep in mind that you must restart RuneMate after installing the RuneScape client.

Assuming you have the RuneScape client installed on your computer, you can now click the "Start OSRS Client" or "Start RS3 Client" buttons, depending on which game type you wish to bot on. Once you click it the RuneScape client should open on your computer. RuneMate should automatically detect that a new client is available and refresh itself. In case it does not you can hit the "Refresh Clients" button.

Now that you have made a selection for each of the categories (Bot, Account, and Client) the "Start Instance" button will be enabled. You can click this button to begin botting.

Happy botting!

Adding Bots

You can add bots from the Bot Store. You can navigate to the Bot Store by clicking the "+" button next to "BOTS" label on the left sidebar, through your menu "View > Bot Store," by clicking the "Bot Store" link in the header of every page on RuneMate, or by clicking this link. If you have recently added bots that are not showing up in the RuneMate client, then you can click the "Refresh" button (the one that is a circle with an arrow) next to the "BOTS" label on the left sidebar.

Adding Accounts

You can add an account to the RuneMate client by clicking the "+" button next to the "YOUR ACCOUNTS" label at the top of the left sidebar. Once you are on the Account Details page, fill out the form and click "ADD ACCOUNT."

Last edited by a moderator:
I have downloaded evrything possible shown in the turtorial....

It is still not picking up the Instance for the OSRS client... It does open up the client when i click " start OSRS" client, but will not read it and give me the option to select the client and proceed....

PLEASE HELP

I was able to download runemate. I did all the available steps to let the bot run. I.E Pick account, bot, client and start instance... it automatically starts the client but it does not auto log me in or even start the bot. I have to manually type in my credentials and log in myself only to have the bot not work and the client to play like a normal client... what do i do?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times, but whenever I click 'add instance' it just spends forever buffering and not moving on from the circle of green dots for loading...

Java Warlord
I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times, but whenever I click 'add instance' it just spends forever buffering and not moving on from the circle of green dots for loading...
Create a new thread as bug report in the client support section and post the logs from your session.

in English? I've not been able to start a session as it just forever stays loading when I click "add instance", as I said

Misfits
in English? I've not been able to start a session as it just forever stays loading when I click "add instance", as I said
Create a new Bug Report thread, post the corresponding log files, ex. Bot name, Spectre, or Shared. That way we can see whats happening

I don't know how Savior could make it any clearer honestly.

1) Create a thread for your problem
2) Include the log files. Can be accessed from the client by clicking Help -> View Logs

anyone know how to fix "Failed to bind to game client due to AgentLoadException"? I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything multiple times even restarted my computer during the process. I have OS X and it does not have JRE x32bit only x64 bit because. please do not suggest uninstalling and reinstalling anything because that does not work and has already been proven multiple times that does not fix anything regarding this specific issue. i know it's not my computer because i tried another mac and it does the same thing so it's something with how the default files are installed on mac and i even went through and changed everything that it could possibly be and it's still happening.
these are the logs i get every time i try to use it

[Debug] Java Home: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home
[Debug] Java Version: 8u144 x64 (Oracle Corporation)
[Debug] Maximum Heap Size: 911MB
[Debug] RuneMate Version: 2.52.0
[Debug] Operating System: Mac OS X x64
[Web Services] Connection authorized.
Attempting to start official client. If it does not open shortly please do so manually.
Checking for a new game client every second for two minutes or until one is found.
Found a new game instance after 22 seconds.
Failed to bind to the game client because of an AgentLoadException
com.sun.tools.attach.AgentLoadException: Unable to add JAR file to system class path
at sun.tools.attach.HotSpotVirtualMachine.loadAgent(ap:103)
at nul.iiiIIiiIiIiiI.const(exb:104)
at nul.IiIiIiiIiIiIi.run(uub:156)

We already support OSRS. Simply click "Start OSRS Instance" instead.

for me it starts the client and then says "failed to locate an existing game cache for oldschool runescape" however I have the official client downloaded. I have uninstalled and redownloaded. and restarted the bot and it still doesn't work, any ideas ?

Hey I keep getting "Failed to bind game client because "Session has Expired","... I'm not sure how to fix this, I made sure that I have the legacy client installed, the bot works on RS3, I don't know whats wrong.

Hey I keep getting "Failed to bind game client because "Session has Expired","... I'm not sure how to fix this, I made sure that I have the legacy client installed, the bot works on RS3, I don't know whats wrong.
I realized that it didn't work because of my account using the 2 step verification using google authenticator

First Bot Author
I downloaded the client for mac, and it won't open at all! HELP
Same problem here. RuneMate is up to date on my mac and the application icon shows briefly in my taskbar (or whatever it's called on OSX) and then simply disappears.

Last edited:
For those on Mac OSX, found a fix if you are faced with the 'Failed to locate an existing game cache' error. You want to view all folders in your home directory, open terminal and type:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES.
You should now find .jagexcache32, get info and rename the folder to jagexcache
Restart RuneMate should now work.
where do you find the jagexcache32?

Same problem here. RuneMate is up to date on my mac and the application icon shows briefly in my taskbar (or whatever it's called on OSX) and then simply disappears.
I had the same issue. i opened java control panel, click the update tab and then there will be a link to manually download java. click it and download the the .dmg . Then I opened finder and searched java and deleted it all and then emptied trash to remove java. Then installed the java 8.114 from the dmg and then the bot worked fine. Also use the stand alone download not mac when downloading rune mate. Now my only issue is I'm getting the "can't locate" error.

Last edited:
Video Tutorial

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Credits to @jojo162 for creating this awesome tutorial​

Logging In

N8JkvNY.png

Provide your RuneMate forum credentials (username and password). Optionally, if (and only if) you set up Two-Step Verification provide the key.

Starting Instances

HyUcyzz.png

Once you login you will be greeted by the Instance Config page. You can also navigate to this page by clicking the "Add Instance" button on the bottom right or from your menu using "File > New Instance." First, let's define an instance. An instance is a group of three things: a bot, an account, and a RuneScape client. In order to start an instance and be on your way botting you need to choose one of each.

Choosing a bot should be self-explanatory. Pick your favorite bot that you added on our Bot Store.

tgk9dgv.png

Now pick one of the RuneScape accounts you have added to the client. If you have not added one yet you can click the "Add Account" button and submit the credentials. This will keep your RuneScape account logged in if you get disconnected or get logged out from the game.

dosQ7dd.png

Lastly, you must select a client. A client is an application that loads the RuneScape game into it. At of the time this tutorial was created, we only support the RuneScape official legacy client (and RSU for our Linux users). If you do not have it yet now would be a good time to download and install it from RuneScape's official download page. Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you find "Other Ways to Play > Legacy Client." This is the one you are looking for. Please keep in mind that you must restart RuneMate after installing the RuneScape client.

yAXHYdL.png

Assuming you have the RuneScape client installed on your computer, you can now click the "Start OSRS Client" or "Start RS3 Client" buttons, depending on which game type you wish to bot on. Once you click it the RuneScape client should open on your computer. RuneMate should automatically detect that a new client is available and refresh itself. In case it does not you can hit the "Refresh Clients" button.

gbSnssh.png

Now that you have made a selection for each of the categories (Bot, Account, and Client) the "Start Instance" button will be enabled. You can click this button to begin botting.

QWf6JOc.png

Happy botting!

Adding Bots

TSAGJnd.png

You can add bots from the Bot Store. You can navigate to the Bot Store by clicking the "+" button next to "BOTS" label on the left sidebar, through your menu "View > Bot Store," by clicking the "Bot Store" link in the header of every page on RuneMate, or by clicking this link. If you have recently added bots that are not showing up in the RuneMate client, then you can click the "Refresh" button (the one that is a circle with an arrow) next to the "BOTS" label on the left sidebar.

Adding Accounts

qBFp6Fk.png

You can add an account to the RuneMate client by clicking the "+" button next to the "YOUR ACCOUNTS" label at the top of the left sidebar. Once you are on the Account Details page, fill out the form and click "ADD ACCOUNT."
After all this I just keep on getting the same error IOException

I got an error and it says: give JagexLauncher.exe access to internet (if you have a firewall). But I already gave it access and it still doesn't work.

how can I solve this problem?

easily triggered ✌
I got an error and it says: give JagexLauncher.exe access to internet (if you have a firewall). But I already gave it access and it still doesn't work.

how can I solve this problem?
Turn off fire wall
make sure you're connected to the internet