Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Hexis Warriors Guild Lite [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love this bot. Simply excellent. I'm a novice bot writer and I'm interested in figuring out how to implement prayer flicking during combat and the way your bot performed it is exactly what my end-goal looks like. Would you mind shedding some light as to how you implemented it?
- I'm mostly familiar with the TaskScript methodology, still working on learning TreeBot methodology for script. Would you say one is preferable with respect to this particular feature?
- I ran into some issues getting my other tasks to execute "simultaneously" with prayer flicking. Does it require any type of multithreading?
- Did you rely on hard-coding delays into the loop to get the flicking in perfect sync with the server ticks? Or are there some API resources that could help? I looked through and found some Listener classes (EngineListener, for example has an onTickStart() method that I thought could help), but wasn't sure how to use them.

Would greatly appreciate your response!!

Love this bot. Simply excellent. I'm a novice bot writer and I'm interested in figuring out how to implement prayer flicking during combat and the way your bot performed it is exactly what my end-goal looks like. Would you mind shedding some light as to how you implemented it?
- I'm mostly familiar with the TaskScript methodology, still working on learning TreeBot methodology for script. Would you say one is preferable with respect to this particular feature?
- I ran into some issues getting my other tasks to execute "simultaneously" with prayer flicking. Does it require any type of multithreading?
- Did you rely on hard-coding delays into the loop to get the flicking in perfect sync with the server ticks? Or are there some API resources that could help? I looked through and found some Listener classes (EngineListener, for example has an onTickStart() method that I thought could help), but wasn't sure how to use them.

Would greatly appreciate your response!!
hey, appreciate the kind words.

so flawless prayer flicking can be done only if you have direct input enabled. if you have that enabled you can run the bot logic in the onTickStart method that you've found. every tick that starts, deactivate all active prayers and activate the ones you want (or just turn off and on quick prayers). by using direct input you can do that actions instantly and asynchronously from the rest of the bot logic. if you don't have direct input enabled you can do similar actions but it would have to be after all other bot logic has ran or it would block/be blocked by other stuff

I use task script all the time, tree bots are fine but very bloated so I keep it simple

when using onTickStart you don't need to do any delays, just doing one action and ending is fine as the delays are technically handled by the game engine as the event is only fire on the next tick start. if you don't end up doing the logic in onTickStart you'd have to delay until the next tick which you can do by counting up the ticks using onTickStart and saving those in a variable and then setting the last tick you flicked prayers on in your prayer flick task and only flick when the current tick is greater than the last tick you flicked on

happy to chat more if you join my discord (click my signature) as it might be easier to get responses, I don't get notifications from any threads on the forums for some reason

This resource has been removed and is no longer available.

Status
Not open for further replies.