Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Cuppa Motherlode Mine

Just here looking for a current status on this bot, Noticed a few comments from people getting banned recently. Anyone able too confirm this is an issue or has it been rectified since then?

cuppa.drink(java);
Just here looking for a current status on this bot, Noticed a few comments from people getting banned recently. Anyone able too confirm this is an issue or has it been rectified since then?
It's hard to say for sure why you're seeing more people reporting bans, but my theory is that it's due to the fresh GIM accounts using Runemate recently. Newer accounts always get banned quicker than more established accounts, and since GIM was released Runemate's user count has went up by an average of about 100-200 people at any given time. So I think there's a lot of fresh accounts using it right now, and also a lot of people who didn't bot much before (and don't know as much about botting "safely"), leading to more reports of bans.

Also, for whatever it's worth, Cuppa MotherlodeMine is one of the most used bots on the store & is used by a lot of unique people every day, so if you see one or two reports of bans over the past few weeks, that's actually a really small percent of users.

It's hard to say for sure why you're seeing more people reporting bans, but my theory is that it's due to the fresh GIM accounts using Runemate recently. Newer accounts always get banned quicker than more established accounts, and since GIM was released Runemate's user count has went up by an average of about 100-200 people at any given time. So I think there's a lot of fresh accounts using it right now, and also a lot of people who didn't bot much before (and don't know as much about botting "safely"), leading to more reports of bans.

Also, for whatever it's worth, Cuppa MotherlodeMine is one of the most used bots on the store & is used by a lot of unique people every day, so if you see one or two reports of bans over the past few weeks, that's actually a really small percent of users.

Thank you for clarifying that, I presumed there would be another issue like you said with the new GIM accounts rather than an issue with the bot itself. I didn't realise it was one of the most used ones though, that really does make it a small percentage haha I'll just have to give it a try. I've been using your miner almost flawlessly so I have faith thats for sure. There is a small note I have on that though, I'll send you a message.

But thanks again for the response and the awesome stuff that you put out for us all!

Ive noticed if I am watching a tv show in a different monitor and put the show on full screen, the bot slows down significantly (Afks after nearly every click). But if I watch the show without expanding the window, the bot runs fine. Any ideas why this happens?

@CuppaJava

In response to my review.

It was the only one ran on this account in 2+ weeks. The issue I encountered with pathing and such was when I was mining in the South-eastern section. It would initially be fine but after a while every now and again it seems to slightly change the camera angle on return to the sack, So after clearing the last rockfall it would go to click on the sack but is unable too because its not in range. If it wasn't manually corrected it would continue to clear the rockfall and try to click on the sack in a never ending loop.

Like I said this is the only real issue I was able to come up with in relation to my ban. It seems to be a bit hit and miss with people getting bans so i'm presuming it is really coming down to location choice and the pathing/other bits involved.

Hopefully this helps clarify it a little bit for you. I will be setting up another account soon to test my theory hopefully.

cuppa.drink(java);
@CuppaJava

In response to my review.

It was the only one ran on this account in 2+ weeks. The issue I encountered with pathing and such was when I was mining in the South-eastern section. It would initially be fine but after a while every now and again it seems to slightly change the camera angle on return to the sack, So after clearing the last rockfall it would go to click on the sack but is unable too because its not in range. If it wasn't manually corrected it would continue to clear the rockfall and try to click on the sack in a never ending loop.

Like I said this is the only real issue I was able to come up with in relation to my ban. It seems to be a bit hit and miss with people getting bans so i'm presuming it is really coming down to location choice and the pathing/other bits involved.

Hopefully this helps clarify it a little bit for you. I will be setting up another account soon to test my theory hopefully.
Thank you for the details. These types of visibility issues with the sack can be a bit weird to debug because it always depends on your exact screen resolution & zoom level, and usually only happens under really specific circumstances. I did make some changes recently to my pathing so this may happen less but... it's hard to be completely sure. I haven't actually run the bot that much at the south-east section (I usually use west when mining downstairs), so I'll see if I can reproduce this in the south-east.

If it wasn't manually corrected it would continue to clear the rockfall and try to click on the sack in a never ending loop.
This is actually a really helpful note. As some background, my bots all include a failsafe to stop automatically after a little while if they don't gain any XP in a certain amount of time, in case they ever get stuck.

But I think the issue here is that, since the rockfalls provide a small amount of XP when mined, the failsafe timer keeps resetting as the bot thinks it's gaining mining XP (and so it thinks it's still mining the wall). I'll make sure to make rockfall XP be ignored in this failsafe so the bot will stop if it ever does temporarily get stuck in a loop mining rockfalls.

Edit: I'm testing the bot in the south-east area now and it is noticably janky-er than the western area. The bot does interact strangely with a couple of rockfalls and stuff. I do think the west works better imo tbh.

Last edited:
Currently having an issue upon startup, script gets stuck at banking ores when no ore are needing to be banked.

reloading fixed the issue, most likely an issue my end,