Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tutorial Bypass "Unable to create advertising" error

When you want to run more than 2 RuneScape clients simultaneously on one machine, the client will fail to load if there are already 2 clients running. To prevent that, you need to start all clients at once in a very short amount of time, but even that begins to be tricky if you want to run quite more than just 3 or 4 clients.

I wrote a small batch script (Windows only) which will help you start a salve of clients at once.

Run the file and enter the game mode and amount of clients you would like to start.

Save the following code as a .bat file

Code:
@echo off

:GAMETYPE_SETUP
SET /P gametype="Gametype (rs3/osrs): "
IF /I "%gametype%" == "rs3" GOTO AMOUNT_SETUP
IF /I "%gametype%" == "osrs" GOTO AMOUNT_SETUP
GOTO INVALID_GAMETYPE

:AMOUNT_SETUP
SET /P input="Amount of clients: "
SET /A amount="%input%"*1
IF %amount% GTR 0 GOTO RUN
GOTO INVALID_AMOUNT

:INVALID_GAMETYPE
ECHO Invalid input
GOTO GAMETYPE_SETUP

:INVALID_AMOUNT
ECHO Invalid input
GOTO AMOUNT_SETUP

:RUN
FOR /L %%i IN (1, 1, %amount%) do (
    IF /I "%gametype%" == "rs3" (
        START jagex-jav://runescape.com/jav_config.ws
    ) else (
        START jagex-jav://oldschool1.runescape.com/jav_config.ws
    )
)
Or spam click the Start Rs3 button or Start osrs button 5 times
For Mac a Copy and paste the rs3 or osrs application

Works! My first time doing anything with computers and i managed to do it! I can get 3 clients running. There any way to get more than three?

Hi, I'm running 3 clients at a time. But the problem is, one client always runs in realtime, while the other two lag a lot. And this is because the first client always uses DirectX as a rendering engine, while the other two use 'Safe mode'. Is there a way to force Runescape to use DirectX in all three instances?

What do I do once I’ve saved this as .bin file?

At the moment I can’t even have open 1 client, never mine 2 or more..

Community Manager
What do I do once I’ve saved this as .bin file?

At the moment I can’t even have open 1 client, never mine 2 or more..
Save it as a .bat file, then before opening it make sure you close other RS instances.

Save it as a .bat file, then before opening it make sure you close other RS instances.

thanks for the response man.

Ive just saved this file under "all files", ive saved the name of file as "Launcher.bat" .

It brought up a programme, asked me which client i wanted, which i picked OSRS, i put the number of clients i wanted for OSRS , which i only put as 1 to test this.....

It launched, but once again it popped up with the message "Unable to create advertising".

Last edited:
Community Manager
thanks for the response man, ive saved as "all files" as it only had that option or as a txt file. Now what do i do with the notepad? I've tried opening the client for it still pops the advertising message up
Once you have the batch file saved, you just close all current RS instances and open the batch file, it will ask you which game to open and how many instances.

If you really can’t get this to work just spamclick CTRL+O (for osrs) or CTRL+R (for rs3) when you are in the runemate client (this is also implying you have no other rs instances open)

Once you have the batch file saved, you just close all current RS instances and open the batch file, it will ask you which game to open and how many instances.

If you really can’t get this to work just spamclick CTRL+O (for osrs) or CTRL+R (for rs3) when you are in the runemate client (this is also implying you have no other rs instances open)

I have done everything you just said to do up there, and i am still getting the same error, "Unable to create advertising"

I have done everything you just said to do up there, and i am still getting the same error, "Unable to create advertising"

I’m the same, every step has been followed and it has done the same.

After hours of trying different solutions I found if you go to my computer and search for “browsercontrol” . It should take you to a jagex-cache-32, you then right click and click “open file location”. Once you in the file, delete the item.

Open runescape client, and it should work.

This is the only method which has worked for me and I have been without RuneScape for months trying all sorts of different t things.

Good luck and thanks to everyone that let me try there methods

cuppa.drink(java);
To clarify, this spam clicking/batch file stuff will only help if you can open at least one RS client normally. If you get the advertising error whenever you try to open a client and there's definitely none open in the background, you have a different issue.

This is only to be able to open 3+ clients

I’m the same, every step has been followed and it has done the same.

After hours of trying different solutions I found if you go to my computer and search for “browsercontrol” . It should take you to a jagex-cache-32, you then right click and click “open file location”. Once you in the file, delete the item.

Open runescape client, and it should work.

This is the only method which has worked for me and I have been without RuneScape for months trying all sorts of different t things.

Good luck and thanks to everyone that let me try there methods

THANKYOU MATE <3. big cheers to you. :) Happy New Year!

hmm. now whenever i try to start up a bot, the whole client and Runemate itself, closes themselves :p any ideas how to fix that?