Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Resolved 66 botting hours used on one character in one day?

led

If you aren't comfortable compensating those who pour hours upon hours into making RuneMate tick with a cent an hour, then I'm not sure RuneMate is for you.
oh please. I appreciate everything you guys do but there is always room for improvements. Not like I'm gonna use another bot anyways lol

Client Developer
oh please. I appreciate everything you guys do but there is always room for improvements. Not like I'm gonna use another bot anyways lol

The payment system is literally the definition of fair. Those who use it more pay in accordance with their usage. Your average botter could quite happily live with 200 hours per month.

Superior All Knowing Person!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Incase of a survival situation.

do you know how long it takes to make something like this? they gotta make money too.

also, supporter bots taking no hours is crazy. what's stopping someone from starting up a 1000 bot farm with VPS for 3 dollars a month using supporter bots?

led

The payment system is literally the definition of fair. Those who use it more pay in accordance with their usage. Your average botter could quite happily live with 200 hours per month.
just from curiosity how many hours do you reckon the mean average individual botter uses overall?

I only bot on one account and i never come close to the 200hr limit, heck i bought supporter just to thank them for a good client.

Client Developer
just from curiosity how many hours do you reckon the mean average individual botter uses overall?

If you're botting sensibly then anywhere between 2-4 hours per day on average. Any more and you're either brave, stupid or profiting. If you're profiting, why would you be against compensating the platform that allowed you to do so?

You're right - and what kind of business model would aim for zero profit from those using our services?
A business model in which you make a majority of your profits off of premium bot sales and other premium services, not general usage of the service. That's how other botting platforms work and they've managed to not go bankrupt.

Client Developer
A business model in which you make a majority of your profits off of premium bot sales and other premium services, not general usage of the service. That's how other botting platforms work and they've managed to not go bankrupt.

Your idea of a business strategy is to avoid bankruptcy? Like I don't understand how you can't see that you're arguing a side without any valid arguments. Admit that you're cheap or concede that you're wrong, it's one or the other here.

If you're botting sensibly then anywhere between 2-4 hours per day on average. Any more and you're either brave, stupid or profiting.
Totalbiscuit-TANK20130629-220151.jpg

Your idea of a business strategy is to avoid bankruptcy? Like I don't understand how you can't see that you're arguing a side without any valid arguments. Admit that you're cheap or concede that you're wrong, it's one or the other here.
Obviously I wasn't being literal in the sense that your business model should be to break even or return a very small profit. What I am suggesting is that there are different business models that work equally as well and provide a better experience to the user. Also, it's not really that I'm cheap, as you've made it relatively cheap to buy extra hours, but when the tracking of how long sessions are lasting isn't being done well and is negatively impacting your users then it wouldn't be crazy to suggest changing the business model temporarily, or even permanently. You said it yourself, session management is a pain.

I don't mind paying one bit. The problem is that it feels like we are being cheated because we can't see where it goes. I purchased 300 hrs and it put me up to +290. I run one bot. Only one account. The very next day I am negative 118 hrs in the hole. ??! I've messaged admins and it just gets dismissed as being normal. Why not set the hour system up like every other commodity in the world. When you buy 300 hrs you get 300hrs. It's so funky the way it is. There are days when I go over 24hrs with one account botting ??! You guys are great and I see that but the current hours system reflects otherwise. This is the kink in your water hose. Your business would gain so much more money if the customers didn't feel like they were being cheated because they don't understand this funky hour system. Give them what they can easily understand. People fear what they don't understand. It's human nature.

Java Warlord
I purchased 300 hrs and it put me up to +290. I run one bot. Only one account. The very next day I am negative 118 hrs in the hole
One of your last payments have expired, which dropped your allowance by the according amount.
When upgrading your account, you don't buy hours, you raise your allowance by X hours for 30 days.

PS. I know MySQL database and PHP very well. I would be glad to help revamp this hour system.

One of your last payments have expired, which dropped your allowance by the according amount.
When upgrading your account, you don't buy hours, you raise your allowance by X hours for 30 days.

The problem is, nowhere in the services section does it show that. We are just supposed to know it from reading a tutorial? It doesn't even show when you take out SDK hours. We need more definition in the hour system section.

I ended up having to make 3 payments to get in the positive. It's so crazy. Most merchant accounts charge a base charge per transaction then take a percentage. So They are most likely having to pay 3 base charges that could have been 1 base charge because I don't know how much I need to spend. It needs fixed so bad. This is definitely the kink in the water hose. The revenue would be so much more if this was fixed.

Well this seems like a legitimate problem, I was curious as to why I had already hit my limit so quick. Seeing as people who paid also have the issue, I don't think I will be paying money to get burned like I already am in the 200 free hour department.

You're right - and what kind of business model would aim for zero profit from those using our services?
What kind of business model charges someone for service's and does not let the buyer keep track of the service's they have paid for?

If you aren't comfortable compensating those who pour hours upon hours into making RuneMate tick with a cent an hour, then I'm not sure RuneMate is for you.
I am perfectly comfortable compensating those who put time in, but I am not comfortable compensating not being able to monitor what I have paid for.

To be honest I'm not even sure why I'm giving this conversation the light of day. And thanks for the signature, I'm honored :')
Do you not make money off of runemate? Also why would you be rude and call someone who is supporting your website cheap?

There is just a few reasons in this thread alone on why I do not want to put my money into this site.