Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Bug Why did you remove "Start new Runelite client" from File tab?

Now I can't open runelite with the bot app and runemate dosent sense runelite when I open it normal. Why "fix" what isn't broke?

I'm on a M1 Mac btw, always been problems with this bot and Mac. but this is the worst update ever, you guys need to test before you release

Why "fix" what isn't broke?
This was removed because if you launch RuneLite through RuneMate, you'd get an instant ban of 14 days.

Not sure why RuneMate is not detecting RuneLite anymore (probably related to Mac). Might be worth jumping into the Discord and create a new help thread.

This was removed because if you launch RuneLite through RuneMate, you'd get an instant ban of 14 days.

Not sure why RuneMate is not detecting RuneLite anymore (probably related to Mac). Might be worth jumping into the Discord and create a new help thread.
Why would you get banned? I’ve used runelite to open runemate and bot for the longest time now. Mac RuneMate and never been able to sense the RuneLite client normally.

Why would you get banned? I’ve used runelite to open runemate and bot for the longest time now. Mac RuneMate and never been able to sense the RuneLite client normally.
Because Jagex just implemented something a few days ago that detects this. Either way, that has been resolved by not allowing you to launch RuneLite through RuneMate.

I just asked the client-developer and he just confirmed that he is looking at the Mac issue tonight. :)

Client Developer

They (Jagex in collaboration with RuneLite) made a change to look up the parent process of the game client. If you launched the client via RuneMate, they were able to see that. Hope you can understand that takes precedence :)

I'll fire up the Mac later and see why it isn't detecting them.

Because Jagex just implemented something a few days ago that detects this. Either way, that has been resolved by not allowing you to launch RuneLite through RuneMate.

I just asked the client-developer and he just confirmed that he is looking at the Mac issue tonight. :)
Thanks man, I’ve tried the stand alone client and the regular installed one and they both don’t recognize Runelite when it’s open

Any updates on this? I'm also having the same issue. Using a mac. Like Ask Me says, I've also never been able to have Runemate detect a Runelite client I start myself. Always needed to start a Runelite client through Runemate to get it to detect it.

Any updates on this? I'm also having the same issue. Using a mac. Like Ask Me says, I've also never been able to have Runemate detect a Runelite client I start myself. Always needed to start a Runelite client through Runemate to get it to detect it.
I tried to redownload everything again and it's still not working.

RuneMate Staff
For anyone on Windows - try creating a shortcut to your RuneLite.jar file - as in, find where RuneLite.jar is installed within your directory, right click it, send the shortcut to desktop, and then open RuneLite using that.

Then refresh the client button within RuneMate and see if RuneMate detects your client then.

For anyone on Windows - try creating a shortcut to your RuneLite.jar file - as in, find where RuneLite.jar is installed within your directory, right click it, send the shortcut to desktop, and then open RuneLite using that.

Then refresh the client button within RuneMate and see if RuneMate detects your client then.
Any fix for Mac yet?

Any fix yet?

Any fix for Mac yet?

Any fix yet?
Also wondering the same thing.

Nothing seems to be working as far as a fix for me either. On MacOS 13.0.1 with M1
I've always ran RuneMate in "light mode" (on MacOS), dark mode has never worked for some reason. Also always needed to start a RuneLite client within RM. RM could never detect RL by itself.
The terminal command above [open /Applications/runelite.app --args --launch-mode=JVM] doesn't do anything on MacOS. Causes RL to need a force quit.

Hoping something comes out soon, or us Mac users might have to pick up some Windows PCs if we ever want to bot again.

Nothing seems to be working as far as a fix for me either. On MacOS 13.0.1 with M1
I've always ran RuneMate in "light mode" (on MacOS), dark mode has never worked for some reason. Also always needed to start a RuneLite client within RM. RM could never detect RL by itself.
The terminal command above [open /Applications/runelite.app --args --launch-mode=JVM] doesn't do anything on MacOS. Causes RL to need a force quit.

Hoping something comes out soon, or us Mac users might have to pick up some Windows PCs if we ever want to bot again.
yeah not much support from these guys, their coders are slacking big time for the amount of money they pull in

I had the same problem on M2 Macbook Air but i got it to detect the client by opening the client from launchpad.