Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What not to bot?

Hey all,

So I'm pretty new to the botting world. I did a ton of research before going into it and I ended up choosing runemate. I got the premium client as well as use a premium script to do mining at the motherlode mine. I had good botting habits of keeping it under 3 hours per day and I also baby sat it while studying to ensure that errors didn't occur, which they didn't so that worked out well. With a premium client, a premium script, and good habits I received a 2 day ban on my main. I was not surprised by the ban but rather how fast it came; I was banned within a week. So I've come to the conclusion that I will not bot on my main anymore but rather just on a bunch of throwaway accounts that maybe one of them will slip through and become maxed out at no loss to me. So I want to hear from people who have SUCCESSFULLY botted an account up. I want to hear from someone who has gone through this many times and not just someone who can rehash information from a FAQ on a web page:

1. Should I avoid any bot that makes me money?
2. What about auto clicking high alchs?
3. Is membership pretty much a staple?
4. Generally what are the biggest do's and don'ts?

I'm not looking for advice to stop bans because I've realized a ban is inevitable, but rather stay off the radar long enough so that I can get my account in a great place before I'm ok to stop botting on that account.

Forgive me if most of the questions are answered on the forums. I don't have the time to be digging through months of forum posts to find the information I need, lack of the time is ironically the reason I joined the runemate community lol.

Any and all input is welcome, thank you!

Superior All Knowing Person!
1. No.
2. No problem.
3. Yes, and it's "free" with bonds.
4. use common sense / cut oaks in Varrock.

Superior All Knowing Person!
Ok so I guess I'm asking what is the common sense of botting? Because what I thought was common sense still got me banned lol

*PTSD FLASHBACK ROLLING IN*

The year is 2012, Karamja is the most heavily fished spot in the game.
Staffix was Staffix Jr. at the time, it was a rough time.. random events would tickle you till your hp reached 0.
Then, at one point Staffix Jr. thought "Hm, i see other people botting here.. i should do it too." - Needless to say, Staffix Jr. got banned because everybody else milked their juice off the same elephant.

- The end.

Botting will never be 100% safe. No one will ever guarantee your account's safety. Runemate is probably the best in the market however, you bot at your own risk. Some members will have crazy stories where they've botted for years without a problem whereas people will have the same routines and plans and get banned immediately.

1. No, but understand even if it's just skilling you can still get banned.
2. I've gotten banned using multiple bots for doing this. Definitely be careful.
3.Staple? You definitely have a lot more opportunity as a member vs non mem.
4.Do's - Don't bot on an account you would be upset if you lost. Don't - Yes.

On a non trolly 4...

Use different bot routes. Don't do anything more than a day or two in a row. Don't let automation be by itself. Use Runemate's web UI or download Google Chrome Remote Desktop to check in on things.

I've been called a god before.
On osrs agilitiy is known to get your ass whooped.
Low level / no requirement goldfarming methods are bad.
Bots from not so experienced bot authors may get you that hammer as well.

Botted magic using Divine Magics back in the day, had no problems at all, I used stun alch to level up, no complaints here

I dont think my main has amazing stats but my accounts trade skills are averaged out at about 80s. I try my best not to bot runecrafting since it is watched liked crazy and sadly motherlode mine is starting to get more attention too.

But best advice I think anyone could give you is exactly what staffix says, just try your best to not bot in places everyone else bots at. Ive never recieved a 2 day ban and I easily bot more than what people recommend. I’m just one of those people who slipped through the cracks.

Another tip is try to switch up what you bot throughout the day. I’m not sure if that helped me but hey, no bans yet (knock on wood). Good luck on your naughty botting journey.