Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Unauthorized client minor ban from using runelite?

We're aware of the ban wave and we know the cause is launching RuneLite using the button in the RuneMate client. RuneMate with RuneLite is still safe to use but only if RuneLite is launched using the Jagex Launcher or the RuneLite Launcher - see the following post on how to make that work (it works for both):
Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

To be clear: they have not detected RuneMate, they have just detected that RuneLite was launched with a 3rd party launcher.

Thank you very much, I didn't think they had detected runemate as it wasn't a bot ban but was very confused. Thank you again for clearing it up, its much appreciated.

We're aware of the ban wave and we know the cause is launching RuneLite using the button in the RuneMate client. RuneMate with RuneLite is still safe to use but only if RuneLite is launched using the Jagex Launcher or the RuneLite Launcher - see the following post on how to make that work (it works for both):
Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

To be clear: they have not detected RuneMate, they have just detected that RuneLite was launched with a 3rd party launcher.
Hi so if i got a 2 week ban for the client, would a botting ban next be permanent or would it have to be a another client ban to be permanent? since no previous offenses with botting or anything else?

Hi so if i got a 2 week ban for the client, would a botting ban next be permanent or would it have to be a another client ban to be permanent? since no previous offenses with botting or anything else?
There's no data to support it would be more or less lenient. (y) Bot with caution.

i got a 2 week temp ban also. do stats get reset/rolled back?

OFFENCE EVIDENCE
OFFENCE
Unauthorised Client Minor

TYPE
Ban

OFFENCE DATE
01-Feb-2024

OFFENCE PENALTY ENDS
**-***-2024 **:**:** UTC

OFFENCE EXPIRY
**-Jan-2025 **:**:** UTC

GAME
RuneScape

OFFENCE EVIDENCE
Evidence Type: Jagex Moderator Comment

Your account has been temporarily banned in OldSchool for the use of an unapproved third party client which violates the rules of the game and breaches the Jagex terms and conditions of service. As such your account has been temporarily removed from the game. This offence has been checked and verified. Please take this time to familiarise yourself with the rules.

Last edited: