Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Spectre Beta Status

Java Warlord
Why do you guys have to be so hostile i wasn't complaining at all actually. I have waited for RiD for over 2 years, Yet runemate has always been my favorite bot client. I was stating my opinion not to attack @Arbiter or @Cloud i have thanked them for working so hard on this project for us before and i will do it again, I'm Excited for all i care the client can take a year to develop and i would still support these two over other developers because they are some of the best and have been around for a long time in the botting community. So apologies if it came out sounding rude.
Got you wrong there then, sorry.
My point though was to make clear that you can't measure the amount of time required by the left bugs.
More bugs will come up, no question, but a lot of them are just minor and can be fixed within minutes, and a few are actually overlapping a bit so they would get fixed all at once.

For anyone who is complaining about the time it takes to get the new Runemate out, remember this:
When programming, 20% of the time is used to make the program itself. 80% is used to find bugs and solve them.

Love you guys for doing this for all of us out there!

Hi guys, there is currently a small bug in my script with the auth tokens and it is unable to edit this page. I should have a fix up later tonight, but keep in mind that until then the numbers might be outdated.

vag

For anyone who is complaining about the time it takes to get the new Runemate out, remember this:
When programming, 20% of the time is used to make the program itself. 80% is used to find bugs and solve them.

Love you guys for doing this for all of us out there!
This is not true at all. Bugs are fun and meant to be discovered.

bug_PNG3999.png

Just another status update: Alpha testing is going well. @Cloud and @Arbiter are working on performance improvement as well as support for multiple linux distros. From testing so far, Spectre RAM and CPU usage is absolutely beautiful, and it will only improve further. You guys will be in a for a treat when it's released :)
I can't wait! Thanks for updating.

Java Warlord
He is not that wrong, although the percentages might be a bit off.
Also those stages are overlapping, atm spectre is still in development (a few features on user-end are still to be implemented), but concurrently we are power searching for bugs.

I fixed the bug in my script, it can now run for longer than one day. Tomorrow, I think I'm going to make it bump the thread any time there is a version change.

Mod Automation
I fixed the bug in my script, it can now run for longer than one day. Tomorrow, I think I'm going to make it bump the thread any time there is a version change.
For the record, I'm fine with that.

Mod Automation
@Cloud actually asked me to do it the other day haha. I might start a daily line graph too with open bugs and closed bugs, but idk about that yet.
Our image proxy will handle caching, so that's one less thing to worry about if you went that route (assuming you're generating to an image of course).

Our image proxy will handle caching, so that's one less thing to worry about if you went that route (assuming you're generating to an image of course).
I don't know how I would handle it yet. As it stands, since this is all in cURL, I don't know how far I can actually take it haha.

Does the bug counter need to hit zero before Spectre is released? I'm guessing a few of them are similar to the UI not working on Macs, ect.

Does the bug counter need to hit zero before Spectre is released? I'm guessing a few of them are similar to the UI not working on Macs, ect.
I would expect that the bug count needs to be zero for release, but that doesn't mean that it will be released right when it hits 0. @Cloud can answer that better.

I know that the OS X ui works just fine, it just fails to connect to the RS client and this is only counted as one bug.

Just another status update: Alpha testing is going well. @Cloud and @Arbiter are working on performance improvement as well as support for multiple linux distros. From testing so far, Spectre RAM and CPU usage is absolutely beautiful, and it will only improve further. You guys will be in a for a treat when it's released :)

Sweeeeet

I would expect that the bug count needs to be zero for release, but that doesn't mean that it will be released right when it hits 0. @Cloud can answer that better.

I know that the OS X ui works just fine, it just fails to connect to the RS client and this is only counted as one bug.

@Cloud senpai what's the answer