Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Resource Script vs. Bot

Hmmm. I thought we were calling scr1pts bots to avoid legal repercussions... How do those work anyway nowadays? What is preventing Jagex from launching a lawsuit like they did against rscheata?

Hmmm. I thought we were calling scr1pts bots to avoid legal repercussions... How do those work anyway nowadays? What is preventing Jagex from launching a lawsuit like they did against rscheata?
O, maybe "autobuddies"? "I made a new buddy today." Eyy?[emoji57]

RuneMate is a client to run bots, they use scripts to make the bot do what they are supposed to do. not really hard to understand i guess
Not just a client, Runemate has an advanced API that actually gives "developers" an advanced groundwork that facilitates the development of their scripts or bots right? Please correct me if i'm wrong bc i'm not a developer. But that's what i thought. Runemate is not just a simple window that opens runescape as far as i know.

O, maybe "autobuddies"? "I made a new buddy today." Eyy?[emoji57]
What?

Community Manager
Not just a client, Runemate has an advanced API that actually gives "developers" an advanced groundwork that facilitates the development of their scripts or bots right? Please correct me if i'm wrong bc i'm not a developer. But that's what i thought. Runemate is not just a simple window that opens runescape as far as i know.

What?
The RuneMate client also handles the bridge between the bots and the actual Runescape client. :>

What?
Context m8, read a few messages before it?[emoji17]

no matter what you call it, its still against their tos
i can call murdering someone, kissing them, doesnt make me not legally responsible

that aside, i think you people arguing script vs bot term usage is retarded

I'll call it a skript if I want to call it so, the terms are pretty much interchangeable I give you that but the source of a bot is a skript of parameters and conditions to decide the output. I don't need a "moderately intelligent fellow" to replace every instance of the word with some pedantic post

easily triggered ✌
I'll call it a skript if I want to call it so, the terms are pretty much interchangeable I give you that but the source of a bot is a skript of parameters and conditions to decide the output. I don't need a "moderately intelligent fellow" to replace every instance of the word with some pedantic post
Zoinked

This thread is just stupid. And OP is clearly arrogant and stuckup with a stick up his ass. Someone mentioned that OP was being pedantic, but OP is just outright technically wrong in every post I read.

hg26K4U.png

Also, there is also no such thing as a "compiled" or "interpreted" programming language. Maybe you mean an implementation of the language (and there are many implementations of any language), not the language itself which is just the grammar and syntax.

Any programming can be used as a "scripting language". This includes Java. There is also no real technical meaning or well-defined definition for what a "scripting language" even is. You talk about computer science, but it's not even a computer science term. It's engineering jargon.

You also mentioned ambiguity in the term "script'. What about the term "bot" then? Maybe they're referring to robots or bottles then or something?! This isn't a writing forums. Context matters. When people use the term "script" on Runemate, it's quite obvious what they're referring to if you ask me. No ambiguity at all unless you're delusional.

You said a ".java file" is the source code, but it's not. It's a file with the .java extension. The file contains the source code. Please be less ambiguous!!1!1

Last edited:
OP needs his head fixing:

Code:
If it works without runemate, it's a bot.
If it doesn't work without runemate, it's a script.

Just like how a PHP skript cannot run without a server running PHP.

Unless your "bot" can run on its own, with no need of a "platform" such as runemate, then it's not a bot. It's a skript.

Last edited:
The use of the word script admits less fault than the word bot. Use of bots and macros are forbidden in runescape rules.

Java Warlord
OP needs his head fixing:

Code:
If it works without runemate, it's a bot.
If it doesn't work without runemate, it's a script.

Just like how a PHP skript cannot run without a server running PHP.

Unless your "bot" can run on its own, with no need of a "platform" such as runemate, then it's not a bot. It's a skript.
I cant run fortnite without my graphics drivers, does that make fortnite a skript?