Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Resource Script vs. Bot

As a community whose primary mission is education it is our responsibility to politely correct people. RuneMate is a client, not a bot, because by itself it cannot bot (read: automate) anything. Calling a client a bot is another misnomer, but I'll save that crusade for another day.
That's the confusion that I'm saying happens by using the term bot. Think of those annoying users who coming in and post to the shout box "How do I download bot?". Are they talking about the client? Are they talking about a scrіpt? Now we don't know, because even though you have defined scrіpt to now be "bot" they are new to the site and do not have this same terminology in mind.

While I admire you for taking my point further, I fear agents may be taking it so far that we lose sight of the end-user (read: customer) who is not educated in the nomenclature of artificial intelligence.
This is exactly the problem with you enforcing terminology based on compilation time (when in fact, though java is compiled, it is compiled to byte code which is in turn processed at runtime), general users don't know,and frankly don't care, why or what you want to call it when it's based on technical details.

PS: Fuck your replacement, I say scrіpt when I want to say scrіpt!

Discretion is advised
Well I think that the term scrіpt is still acceptable, because just like a movie scrіpt, you write what needs to happen, on a specific order, to be interpreted by the actor (client). Technically, the bot is just the result of the client interpreting the scrіpt (just like the movie is the actor interpreting its scrіpt), kind of an abstract concept, as the code itself does nothing :p

if script is not what you say it is, and it has been replaced with bot, then what would you characterize your product as?

Idc what anyone calls either the client/bot or the scripts/bots... But it's awesome that arbi started this thread at 4:20pm...

5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png
5hjuwGR.png

red

script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script, script

Im so sorry

@Arbiter You have to accept that you cannot change the way people speak, you can try to change our minds to say word BOT instead; but you cannot force it. You can leave the filter on and this war will rage furiously, or you can take it off and declare peace. Your call.