Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Resolved Runtimes are f*cked??

Doesn't change the fact that i'm being charged every time i start/stop a script, do you know how many times i had to stop a script because it literally wouldn't even function?
that shit will add up bro, and i'm not going to ask for a refund for $0.08 cents every time a script doesn't function, i'd have to file refunds all day lmao.
It should be RuneMate's responsibility that the scripts in the repository are functional, espescially premium scripts.
I've been botting since 2011, experienced all the major clients we've had over the years, i'm not new to this, in fact, im a veteran.

1. If a bot/script doesn't function then stop using it. It's not the responsibility of the client or administrators that you keep trying to start and stop a bot. Perhaps you should copy the log and report that it doesn't work. Also, there are many lite versions of bots which are intended for you to test them out before using the premiums.

2. If you aren't going to take the time to ask for a refund for a client/script error, how is that anyone else's fault but yours? There is a process of making sure those who are charged unfairly can get their credits back. If you are too lazy or if you think it's too arduous a process to provide sufficient evidence that a script is malfunctioning, the blame falls on you.

Besides what you were complaining about first was not knowing that starting/stopping a bot charges an amount every time. Being a veteran botter has nothing to do with reading policy and guidelines which you obviously didn't do.

3. I disagree. The responsibility of maintaining the quality of scripts is incumbent on those consumers being able to relay and report problems to their creators. How is this hard to understand? In order to make sure bots are functional, they need feedback and notice on what's wrong. That requires script users to read and follow directions on how to post errors they find. Additionally, Runemate isn't a monolithic bot creator. There is a wide host of script creators which they outsource to. They are only responsible for the functions that the client handles. All other actions lie within the responsibility of the creators.

You're making me sound like a shill for Runemate but it's real simple. If you're having problems, post them and the logs. Don't repeatedly start and stop bots thinking it'll finally work then complain about the money taken. Looking through your history, you only made one post 30 mins ago about some (possible) client error with webwalking. That's good. That's what you should do for the bots. There is a reason Runemate utilizes an hour based system. It's to hold authors responsible enough to update and address issues with their scripts. That also requires the users to be able to effectively communicate those issues to the creators. The responsibility is on both ends. In the end, these guys are affording you hundreds of hours of productive activity for a couple cents an hour. If it fucks up once or twice, okay that's fine, let's try to communicate the error and fix it.

I'd like to point out that majority of the premium bots have a "lite" version that you can try out, free, before moving onto the premium one.

Mod Automation
1. If a bot/script doesn't function then stop using it. It's not the responsibility of the client or administrators that you keep trying to start and stop a bot. Perhaps you should copy the log and report that it doesn't work. Also, there are many lite versions of bots which are intended for you to test them out before using the premiums.

2. If you aren't going to take the time to ask for a refund for a client/script error, how is that anyone else's fault but yours? There is a process of making sure those who are charged unfairly can get their credits back. If you are too lazy or if you think it's too arduous a process to provide sufficient evidence that a script is malfunctioning, the blame falls on you.

Besides what you were complaining about first was not knowing that starting/stopping a bot charges an amount every time. Being a veteran botter has nothing to do with reading policy and guidelines which you obviously didn't do.

3. I disagree. The responsibility of maintaining the quality of scripts is incumbent on those consumers being able to relay and report problems to their creators. How is this hard to understand? In order to make sure bots are functional, they need feedback and notice on what's wrong. That requires script users to read and follow directions on how to post errors they find. Additionally, Runemate isn't a monolithic bot creator. There is a wide host of script creators which they outsource to. They are only responsible for the functions that the client handles. All other actions lie within the responsibility of the creators.

You're making me sound like a shill for Runemate but it's real simple. If you're having problems, post them and the logs. Don't repeatedly start and stop bots thinking it'll finally work then complain about the money taken. Looking through your history, you only made one post 30 mins ago about some (possible) client error with webwalking. That's good. That's what you should do for the bots. There is a reason Runemate utilizes an hour based system. It's to hold authors responsible enough to update and address issues with their scripts. That also requires the users to be able to effectively communicate those issues to the creators. The responsibility is on both ends. In the end, these guys are affording you hundreds of hours of productive activity for a couple cents an hour. If it fucks up once or twice, okay that's fine, let's try to communicate the error and fix it.
This. And if logic doesn't resonate with you, let's try a thought experiment: do you call Apple iPhone customer support when your Snapchat app crashes?

Now imagine having 10-20 accounts that you need to setup :). and you have to stop and start 10 of them cause they didn't work the first time :). My weiner would strangle itself.

This. And if logic doesn't resonate with you, let's try a thought experiment: do you call Apple iPhone customer support when your Snapchat app crashes?
What the fuck? yes i would call apple if they charged me for everytime i opened snapchat. would call apple and say hey you fucking idiots, why are you taking my money, the fucking app doesn't work, how can't you know that? the app is on your platform, do you just charge money for every app i play? if so rip apple not gonna use it again :). now the real problem is when you have 20 iphones and need to play 20 apps/accounts/bots at one time, and 10 of them don't work :), and you get charged non the less. Like what is this amateur bullshit. Obviously scripts are shaky and would need restart sometimes. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, like how am i supposed to record 20 accounts, and be able to ask refund for all of them? I need evidence? i can't record 20 accounts on a fucking linux virtual machine.

Edit: do any of you consider any of this at all? geez you know what never mind. this is just a joke, this is bullshit, for real.

Community Manager
Now imagine having 10-20 accounts that you need to setup :). and you have to stop and start 10 of them cause they didn't work the first time :). My weiner would strangle itself.

What the fuck? yes i would call apple if they charged me for everytime i opened snapchat. would call apple and say hey you fucking idiots, why are you taking my money, the fucking app doesn't work, how can't you know that? the app is on your platform, do you just charge money for every app i play? if so rip apple not gonna use it again :). now the real problem is when you have 20 iphones and need to play 20 apps/accounts/bots at one time, and 10 of them don't work :), and you get charged non the less. Like what is this amateur bullshit. Obviously scripts are shaky and would need restart sometimes. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, like how am i supposed to record 20 accounts, and be able to ask refund for all of them? I need evidence? i can't record 20 accounts on a fucking linux virtual machine.

Edit: do any of you consider any of this at all? geez you know what never mind. this is just a joke, this is bullshit, for real.
Would you call APPLE support or SNAPCHAT support when the SNAPCHAT app isn't working? lol

Would you call APPLE support or SNAPCHAT support when the SNAPCHAT app isn't working? lol
But that ain't the same thing? If apple charges me money as soon as i open an app, i will call apple and tell them how shitty that is, and ask them how they app store works? i would ask them why they let broken apps that charge me money through apple, be on the app store.
Now for your question, if there is no charge of money, then i will call snapchat yes indeed, if there is no money involved.

Edit: lets not fool ourselves okay? Just admit it, accept it. this is ridiculous.

Community Manager
But that ain't the same thing? If apple charges me money as soon as i open an app, i will call apple and tell them how shitty that is, and ask them how they app store works? i would ask them why they let broken apps that charge me money through apple, be on the app store.
Now for your question, if there is no charge of money, then i will call snapchat yes indeed, if there is no money involved.

Edit: lets not fool ourselves okay? Just admit it, accept it. this is ridiculous.
But in this case the money goes to the author, aka snapchat using this analogy.

But in this case the money goes to the author, aka snapchat using this analogy.
I already explained this, but ill do it again since it seems i have to. If apple lets such apps be in THEIR APP STORE, knowingly that money will be charged even if the bot/app doesn't work, i will bash APPLE for it. Get it? Apple should have a system where they check if the app is working so it doesn't charge money from millions of users. Now luckily for you guys runemate doesn't have millions of users, so you don't care and you keep taking your users money, knowing that there wont be thousands upon thousands of people complaining, free money lets go bby.

Edit: key word is STORE, hope you understand :). Runemate shouldn't let scripts that do not function be in the bot store, we are not testing bunnies where we gonna talk with the script developer and keep using our money to test his script untill he finishes his script.

Java Warlord
Guys RuneMate is on par with Amazon and Apple, stop ignoring this fact please. It's literally the same business model so same concept applies here. If you don't like that please leave.
I hear no customer of AWS crying when they lose an hour either!
Apple may have quality control and runemate doesnt, but that doesnt mean its not the exact same principle!
@RobinPC agrees with me on this too btw

I already explained this, but ill do it again since it seems i have to. If apple lets such apps be in THEIR APP STORE, knowingly that money will be charged even if the bot/app doesn't work, i will bash APPLE for it. Get it? Apple should have a system where they check if the app is working so it doesn't charge money from millions of users. Now luckily for you guys runemate doesn't have millions of users, so you don't care and you keep taking your users money, knowing that there wont be thousands upon thousands of people complaining, free money lets go bby.

Edit: key word is STORE, hope you understand :). Runemate shouldn't let scripts that do not function be in the bot store, we are not testing bunnies where we gonna talk with the script developer and keep using our money to test his script untill he finishes his script.

This^

I guess platforms themselves are not responsible anymore for the applications they push out, according to his logic..
Could you imagine the legal issues Apple would face if they would run such applications on their platform? lol

Guys RuneMate is on par with Amazon and Apple, stop ignoring this fact please. It's literally the same business model so same concept applies here. If you don't like that please leave.
I hear no customer of AWS crying when they lose an hour either!
Apple may have quality control and runemate doesnt, but that doesnt mean its not the exact same principle!
@RobinPC agrees with me on this too btw

What the fuck are you on about, lmao.
Apple does not take money from their users when they open an app.

And we're only talking about apple or amazon or whatever because you guys mentioned it. It doesn't make sense at all to bring them into this. Apple would get penetrated with lawsuits if they did such a thing.

Java Warlord
What the fuck are you on about, lmao.
Apple does not take money from their users when they open an app.

And we're only talking about apple or amazon or whatever because you guys mentioned it. It doesn't make sense at all to bring them into this. Apple would get penetrated with lawsuits if they did such a thing.
Hoped you would catch the sarcasm :p
Here's what i think: RuneMate tries to apply business models and practices which have been proven to be successful by large companies. To some extend these practices can be applied to runemate, but in reality result in a bad user experience because as a community driven platform we can't possibly keep high standards as the big companies.

E.g. premium bots have an hourly pricing model similar to AWS, which when focusing on the definition of sessions make sense and is appreciated by the majority of users. But the difference is that AWS customers are not end users as Runemate's customers are, and AWS sessions end when a job is done, not because of a technical difficulty.

At the end of the day however it's arbiter's platform and he makes the calls. Runemate is doing better than ever, and that's not because it's just a bad money grab. There is little reason to overhaul such a successful system. Sure it could be tweaked, but that's not up to us.

The fact that you started 10-20 bots in succession without testing it out first on a lite version or just one bot makes me laugh. Besides pretty sure Runemate does have a system of checking whether or not bots are allowed. I believe they check for malicious code that could be in it.

In the case of this ongoing Apple analogy, Apple is only the platform that provides the market and accessibility for applications. You can complain to Apple if an application is having bugs and problems, but they would just direct you to the actual creators of the application.

That's why there is an ongoing thread detailing outdated bots, which is why I always advise people to read ahead and check out reviews/discussions of particular bots before they use them. This is the system Runemate provides. It's not perfect but it's been well served enough to provide for the countless consumers who use it. You can blame Runemate for not checking every single time a bot has malfunctions or errors but that's not feasible to do either. It's even more impossible if there's no communication between users and creators.

The point is that the system is imperfect and requires a fair amount of self-awareness on the part of the user to be able to navigate it effectively. Perhaps in the future, test out how a bot functions either by using a LITE version which is what they are designed to do, or try it on one account before you decide you should use a bot you haven't tested immediately on 10-20 accounts. Unfortunately, there is no way Runemate can regulate every update for individual bot creators, so its fairly free market in the sense that the consumer needs to check which bots to use and not. You obviously think you should be afforded the privilege to not have to do that. That's fair, but it's not the way the current system works given its feasibility. So you're gonna have to put a bit of effort and scouting before you run an untested bot onto 20 accounts.

The fact that you started 10-20 bots in succession without testing it out first on a lite version or just one bot makes me laugh. Besides pretty sure Runemate does have a system of checking whether or not bots are allowed. I believe they check for malicious code that could be in it.

In the case of this ongoing Apple analogy, Apple is only the platform that provides the market and accessibility for applications. You can complain to Apple if an application is having bugs and problems, but they would just direct you to the actual creators of the application.

That's why there is an ongoing thread detailing outdated bots, which is why I always advise people to read ahead and check out reviews/discussions of particular bots before they use them. This is the system Runemate provides. It's not perfect but it's been well served enough to provide for the countless consumers who use it. You can blame Runemate for not checking every single time a bot has malfunctions or errors but that's not feasible to do either. It's even more impossible if there's no communication between users and creators.

The point is that the system is imperfect and requires a fair amount of self-awareness on the part of the user to be able to navigate it effectively. Perhaps in the future, test out how a bot functions either by using a LITE version which is what they are designed to do, or try it on one account before you decide you should use a bot you haven't tested immediately on 10-20 accounts. Unfortunately, there is no way Runemate can regulate every update for individual bot creators, so its fairly free market in the sense that the consumer needs to check which bots to use and not. You obviously think you should be afforded the privilege to not have to do that. That's fair, but it's not the way the current system works given its feasibility. So you're gonna have to put a bit of effort and scouting before you run an untested bot onto 20 accounts.

What makes you think i didn't test the bot first you dongle. The lite versions usually don't have the full features, that you'd need to be able to test. Also every script bot doesn't work as soon as you click play, sometimes you need to restart them multiple times. Try setting up 20 accounts on a linux virtual machine you'll need to restart atleast 1-5 of them all the time. Like is this a surprise for you?

So which one is it guys? Is it the script writers fault or runemate? Lets just bash all the script writers i think for trying to make a script, according to you guys anyways.

What makes you think i didn't test the bot first you dongle. The lite versions usually don't have the full features, that you'd need to be able to test. Also every script bot doesn't work as soon as you click play, sometimes you need to restart them multiple times. Try setting up 20 accounts on a linux virtual machine you'll need to restart atleast 1-5 of them all the time. Like is this a surprise for you?

So which one is it guys? Is it the script writers fault or runemate? Lets just bash all the script writers i think for trying to make a script, according to you guys anyways.

I know you didn't the bots accurately, because if you did, you would know what works and what doesn't. And you wouldn't use it on 20 bots.

Nobody is bashing anybody. If a script doesn't work, post the log and report it. If you see that the bot author is MIA, best not to use the bot. Like, is this mode of thinking a surprise for you? The only person bashing anything is you for not being to run 20 bots effectively on 20 different accounts. And yes, you're in the minority. As 1. most people don't bot simultaneously on 10+ accounts 2. most people aren't complaining about it.

So if you have an issue, post the log, try to get the problem fixed, and ask for a refund if it's not your fault. Instead of endlessly whining about things are unfair, recognize that bots won't get better if there is no cooperation to fix the issues.

Here, let me do you a favor. Looking through your post history, you have complained specifically about two bots. One is LiteHerb, a bot that just was recently released. You commented 'banned after two hours'. Great job. No additional commentary, no helpful information, no log. And yeah, if you're botting on 20 accounts, of course, there is no oversight but that's your problem. No way of fixing or finding out what's wrong if you don't contribute. Quickherblore PRO: One star, it doesn't work. Real helpful again. The bot author even reached out for a PM and asked you to post a log. Surprise, surprise, no log. So how can anyone even know what issues you are having if you don't take an active approach in communicating it. And the funny thing is, the time you spent trying to retort an apple analogy could be time you spend posting logs, working with bot authors on identifying what is wrong. Why? Because there is an incentive for creators to fix their bots. They don't get money if they don't work.

So for the people who view this thread, this is an example of what NOT to do if you are faced with a difficulty. Read, read, read. There are stickies and guidelines literally posted on every topic.