Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Runemate unfortunately going downhill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi this is a non hate post about this platform just spreading light.

the community and bots are going downhill fast, I cant update runemate without deleting everything from my computer and going onto the web to select and download it again,
tried to bot for the past 6 days and every time it says I need to update, I have updated in consecutive order, 4.0.4, 4.0.6. 4.0.8, 4.0.10, 4.0.12, 4.0.13, this is getting annoying and every time I try to play it takes me over an hour to download the app, and by that time my computer time is almost up as I'm very busy and then I come back the next day all to have to delete it and download it again as there's another update.

Not only that, after leaving a sound review on a bot that was quite broken, the author threatened to limit my account and ban me from using it calling me out on a fake review, that's not what a paying customer should have to face considering I had used said bot for 100+ hours at 10c an hour so I had extensively used most features on the bot and 50% of activities where broken on it (not from updates or what not just from bad coding/testing of bot)

RuneMate Staff
If deleting RuneMate from your computer and reinstalling it is taking you over an hour, then you're seriously doing something wrong.

Yes the last week has had downtime, but the major update to the website and RuneMate client have laid the groundwork for a better RuneMate moving forward - making it easier for authors to develop bots, and adding new (and yet to be released) features for end users. Each of those revision updates has been aimed at fixing common issues that either existed prior to the 4.X.X update, or those that have come about because of the update.

The "good old days" of RuneScape botting were far worse than this - it wouldn't be uncommon for bot clients at the time to be down for days or weeks at a time due to an update from Jagex.

OSRS botting, and RuneMate, is the best it has ever been and isn't going anywhere.

If deleting RuneMate from your computer and reinstalling it is taking you over an hour, then you're seriously doing something wrong.

Yes the last week has had downtime, but the major update to the website and RuneMate client have laid the groundwork for a better RuneMate moving forward - making it easier for authors to develop bots, and adding new (and yet to be released) features for end users. Each of those revision updates has been aimed at fixing common issues that either existed prior to the 4.X.X update, or those that have come about because of the update.

The "good old days" of RuneScape botting were far worse than this - it wouldn't be uncommon for bot clients at the time to be down for days or weeks at a time due to an update from Jagex.

OSRS botting, and RuneMate, is the best it has ever been and isn't going anywhere.
Hi Amex,

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but not sure how else to contact staff. I have a couple issues regarding some bots/scripts that simply don't work or have so many bugs - and the author is either AWOL or ignores the feedback.

Is there anything I can do about this?

They just done a major update what do you expect. Wait a week or 2 and I am sure it will be more stable.

RuneMate Staff
Hi Amex,

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but not sure how else to contact staff. I have a couple issues regarding some bots/scripts that simply don't work or have so many bugs - and the author is either AWOL or ignores the feedback.

Is there anything I can do about this?
If you're having issues with individual bots, that needs to be sorted with the respective bot authors. Try contacting them via Discord in addition to the forums.

Perhaps the ability to request refund automatically if a bot fails to run for more than a minute or two would be nice? I'm getting a lot of "Runemate has lost its bridge" errors on expensive bots and going around asking for refunds is tedious

easily triggered ✌
Perhaps the ability to request refund automatically if a bot fails to run for more than a minute or two would be nice? I'm getting a lot of "Runemate has lost its bridge" errors on expensive bots and going around asking for refunds is tedious
This is planned for the near future

Communication bridge error, this has been happening for a while and similarly to the fella above i have lost alot of credits due to this error, fine example hexis slayer bot not running and taking over 1.80 in credits.

Communication bridge error, this has been happening for a while and similarly to the fella above i have lost alot of credits due to this error, fine example hexis slayer bot not running and taking over 1.80 in credits.
I did a fresh reinstall today and everything seems to be functioning okay again - give it another go

It's ok imo, Not as good as it once was also the new UI design and website design looks just ok. New client seems slower too in general never had bridging issues until these updates. Maybe i'm tripping idk. I still love Runemate ofcourse. It's the community and staff that make it an awesome place.

Stuff like this is typical after a huge overhaul of the client and web infratstructure. There was a closed beta that ironed out a few of the critical bugs but that only contained a limited pool of members testing the client. 10 users won't be able to find things 1000 users running the client would, but the important thing is that the issues are being addressed quickly as you can see from the frequent client updates. It's more important than ever to use trial versions when trying to run bots but that being said the client is in a much better position today than it was a week ago.

Stick with it and provide detailed bug reports whenever you find something - we can't fix things we don't know are happening

Hi this is a non hate post about this platform just spreading light.

the community and bots are going downhill fast, I cant update runemate without deleting everything from my computer and going onto the web to select and download it again,
tried to bot for the past 6 days and every time it says I need to update, I have updated in consecutive order, 4.0.4, 4.0.6. 4.0.8, 4.0.10, 4.0.12, 4.0.13, this is getting annoying and every time I try to play it takes me over an hour to download the app, and by that time my computer time is almost up as I'm very busy and then I come back the next day all to have to delete it and download it again as there's another update.

Not only that, after leaving a sound review on a bot that was quite broken, the author threatened to limit my account and ban me from using it calling me out on a fake review, that's not what a paying customer should have to face considering I had used said bot for 100+ hours at 10c an hour so I had extensively used most features on the bot and 50% of activities where broken on it (not from updates or what not just from bad coding/testing of bot)
As for the last paragraph, your review is just incorrect despite it being your opinion. The activities work just fine but you came for me personally so on a review of your previous comments and reviews I decided to tell you that if you continue with leaving those low quality and invalid posts then you may find yourself on the receiving end of a limitation which may or may not be served by me. You even doubled down and refused to accept help when I replied to your review and your profile post and didn't expand on your bug report so I'm sure you won't be surprised to hear nothing has changed because there is nothing to change. I see you still haven't learned how to provide better feedback or seek out help, you still just post without any intention of actively looking to improve how you use the bots on this platform. Just do better?

about the error and refund isnt it a possibility to start taking money after like 5 min ? if u run to any error it will be before 5 minutes? .

I got runemate this week and its been working very well (till todays update ofc) second time starting it i got a few error messages. Fixed by launching as admin. Also the "lost bridge" issue happend on my second pc wich got fixed after setting chrome as my main browser and not deleting cache/clearing history (it caused me to get logged out). Hope this works for you awell.

I have been using RuneMate for few years now and they are a great bot and community. Yes, some updates do take a while but its necessary if you want it to be working (nearly flawlessly)

Status
Not open for further replies.