Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Runemate steals your password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Runemate steals your passwords and will steal accounts to use as their own bots. I dont know if its Runemate themselves or some of the bot scripters. FIND ANOTHER BOT SERVICE. Lost 80m on one account. This was a brand new laptop and i have never shared password. I never have signed into that account anywhere before that wasnt the OSRS client. 100% was from Runemate.

EDIT: Bots used: Hexit Crafting, Pro fisher.

The only AI bot developer
Impossible dude,first of all,all scripts that are submitted are reviewed before being published.Secondly your petty 80mill is not worth 10 000 + active users recurring income.I think what happened is you used the same username/email address and password on some rsps,or other botting platform that you use on your rs account.This happened to me i havnt played a rsps in like 10 years,i recently changed my mains password to a password I use to commonly use back when i played a rsps,and tadah my max account got turned into a Zulrah farmer,and was banned,manage to get it back and revert the ban though found it with nothing but Zulrah farm,and gear setup.

Tired of these stupid post I have 4 acc and none of them have ever been robbed and I don’t have bank pins

I would say try not to make assumptions and jump to conclusions right away. the Bot community is pretty helpful to each other. Yes there are some Bot owners out there that will try to pull one over on its users (powerbot) >_> but it could be somthing else and not Runemate.

Java Warlord
I would say try not to make assumptions and jump to conclusions right away. the Bot community is pretty helpful to each other. Yes there are some Bot owners out there that will try to pull one over on its users (powerbot) >_> but it could be somthing else and not Runemate.
RuneMate has a very liberal policy towards new bot authors, everyone can release bots without undergoing tests or having to apply for the bot author role.

And for that reason every single release or update gets reviewed line by line by an executive, whether you're an established author or a newcomer, so that neither of those can succeed if they had malicious intentions.

RuneMate Staff
Can't be arsed replying to you, as you're just going to say we're all lying to you anyway, however I'll quote @Savior who sums it up quite nicely

I mean you can believe what you want...
if it makes you feel better to believe that runemate got hacked, instead of accepting that you were uncautious and got hacked on your own, then so be it

feel free to debug any sorts of connections going from the client to the runemate server. you'll find that the only time it's transferring your accounts login information (IF you enter them into the client) are encrypted. they're encrypted with your runemate login credentials (maybe amongst other things, idk). Technically arbiter could use the rm credentials you're sending to the server by logging into the client to decrypt your players credentials.

Let's ignore that this is already extremely unlikely, but okay, it is a minor security flaw.

Now arbiter has hundreds of thousands of player account credentials. What's he gonna do then, just pick random ones? or go after a specific runemate user? there isn't even a guarantee those credentials are valid.

Runemate sends very few information such as gp in inventory, any rings of duelings equipped, or a part of your quest list, in order to build navigation paths using runemate's web. this data isnt even mapped to a distinct player you've added to your client, just to your runemate user.

Lets assume he'd go by the accounts with the most wealth currently in the inventory by using the data of a completely different service (it's getting more and more ridiculous as you can see). Now if arbiter logged into these accounts, you would see a lot of users complaining about locked accounts due to suspicious account use, namely differences in IPs, jagex does that pretty easily.

Now i've seen some ban reports, and i've seen some "hacked" reports, but i've never seen a single "account locked" report on the forums.

Please do not feel offended, i really just want to make things clear.

TLDR: even if (and thats a big fucking if) the recent downtime involved a huge database leak, there are encryptions in place that prevent anyone from reading your account information.

Blazin all them herbs
Ayyy screw you mate. RuneMate would not damage their good rep to steal your gp or account. They would lose more than they gained. Quit your bitching, run some virus scans, double check every link you have logged into, and i bet one of those two are the real reason why/how your account got hacked. get fucked.

ive gotten hacked without logging into runemate.

lost 500m.

its not runemate theres a new way people are hacking others these days nobody will truly know whats going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.