Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

RuneMate-Scape [Please read]

Would you play this or would you like to see this happen?

• Yes

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Under a specific condition (specify in thread)

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
I wouldn't like it. Most RSPS shutdown within 1-2 years of opening. Don't really like investing into something that isn't going to stay up.
My idea is that it wouldn't be about grinding for stats but rather about having fun. Okay, your carefully built pure could be gone 3 years later but who cares if you had fun while you had it? Besides, who says it will be gone within 3 years or that you will still be interested in playing within 3 years.

Have been in the rsps community for a while now, and a lot of these projects start but don't succeed. Coding such an advanced rsps isn't done in a month, more like 6 months of hard work with a professional team. I like the idea but i'm a realist, this would take a lot of effort.

12 year old normie
I've been staff member on a relatively high-ranked private server for over 2 years, and the communities evolving around them are just smashing. I would love to see this idea put together.

Have been in the rsps community for a while now, and a lot of these projects start but don't succeed. Coding such an advanced rsps isn't done in a month, more like 6 months of hard work with a professional team. I like the idea but i'm a realist, this would take a lot of effort.
I know, I've seen this happen often, too. That's why I suggested starting off with just building F2p first and working from there a few posts above :)

Sounds like a fun project. The question is are we all working on this or is it just you? I think it would be fun for all of us to expand our skills.

Sounds like a fun project. The question is are we all working on this or is it just you? I think it would be fun for all of us to expand our skills.
I can't even code the most simple thing, so you're very welcome to help :)

Java Warlord
I'd like to see this, but from a 2011-12 era
Yea id like this too
OP, if you are saying we are not limitted in features, why not make a kind of hybrid? Having a 2010/11 client with filtered/limited new features

Yea id like this too
OP, if you are saying we are not limitted in features, why not make a kind of hybrid? Having a 2010/11 client with filtered/limited new features
If I were to plan this out, my strategy would be to start very early in the game and progress slowly from there. I'm sure nobody will be against any update made say before 2006.

Excellent
To add to that, 2006 had a lot less content in the game so it would be way easier to get it to a point where you have enough things working to get it released and to gather a playerbase.

I was thinking of maybe requiring players to be 'supporter' or any other rank as some sort of membership. That way we can easily cover the hosting costs if the people like it.

Only thing I'm in dubio about is exp rates. Normal exp rates would maybe attract some fanatics who think OSRS is becoming EasyScape too much, but on the other side I think say 10x or 5x exp rates would attract more casual players who are looking to invest a few hours into a basic pure to then have fun in the wild. I think the latter will appeal more to this community given the fact that we're botters and well.. being a botter doesn't quite show of dedication and a desire for low exp rates.

Java Warlord
To add to that, 2006 had a lot less content in the game so it would be way easier to get it to a point where you have enough things working to get it released and to gather a playerbase.

I was thinking of maybe requiring players to be 'supporter' or any other rank as some sort of membership. That way we can easily cover the hosting costs if the people like it.

Only thing I'm in dubio about is exp rates. Normal exp rates would maybe attract some fanatics who think OSRS is becoming EasyScape too much, but on the other side I think say 10x or 5x exp rates would attract more casual players who are looking to invest a few hours into a basic pure to then have fun in the wild. I think the latter will appeal more to this community given the fact that we're botters and well.. being a botter doesn't quite show of dedication and a desire for low exp rates.
Then you would have to run both, the botting site and private server from that, i dont really know how much is needed for both

We could manually add something like the ironman mode to rs3, the ironman mode (to be renamed) would have normal xp rates and some sort of sign for prestige/glory, while you can downgrade to higher xp rates, but cant upgrade to normal xp rates to get all the glory. Imo this is a good solution for the xp thing :)

Then you would have to run both, the botting site and private server from that, i don't really know how much is needed for both

We could manually add something like the ironman mode to rs3, the ironman mode (to be renamed) would have normal xp rates and some sort of sign for prestige/glory, while you can downgrade to higher xp rates, but cant upgrade to normal xp rates to get all the glory. Imo this is a good solution for the xp thing :)
Shiiiit, that is one sick idea. Awesome!

Did you read the original post hun
damn i read half the post then was like 'oh the rest of the post is probably bullshit' :(

but either way
most people i've talked to say they play osrs instead of rs3 because rs3 is too easy. if you increase exp rates then that would just make it easy.

damn i read half the post then was like 'oh the rest of the post is probably bullshit' :(

but either way
most people i've talked to say they play osrs instead of rs3 because rs3 is too easy. if you increase exp rates then that would just make it easy.
You should really start reading threads before posting.

"We could manually add something like the ironman mode to rs3, the ironman mode (to be renamed) would have normal xp rates and some sort of sign for prestige/glory, while you can downgrade to higher xp rates, but cant upgrade to normal xp rates to get all the glory. Imo this is a good solution for the xp thing :)"