Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Bug Runemate is broken for mac users

I have been using runemate without issue on my pc, but when I use it on my macbook pro (mid 2014) there are 2 main issues.

1. I can't open Runemate by double clicking the app. I have to "Show package contents" and navigate to the jar file to open it.

2. Runemate doesn't auto update when I restart it. I have to download the installer to update.

It's not a major problem, but it would be more convenient and intuitive for new users if these were fixed.

Engineer
@Arbiter any insights on this? Sounds like an issue with our OSX installer (or whatever you would call the equivalent of an installer on OSX) but I don't own a computer with OSX to check it out myself.

macOS Sierra, 10.12.5
Same version as me, so rule that out. Would you have changed any system preferences about launching downloaded programs? I know by default mac prevents you from opening downloaded programs without permission.

Same version as me, so rule that out. Would you have changed any system preferences about launching downloaded programs? I know by default mac prevents you from opening downloaded programs without permission.
I know how that works but it opens for 1 sec and then closes.

Standalone works fine. It's the same like opening JAR file using package contents. However the .app wrapper for mac just opens and closes after 1s as mentioned before. No window pops up, only the icon in the dock blinks