Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Resolved RuneMate Installer won't install RuneMate on MacBook Pro

Hi guys,

I have recently just bought the new MacBook Pro - which is running on High Sierra.

I download the Mac link for the client, and it goes through the loading stage when clicked on the installer to install. Soon after it hits 100% - an error message comes up saying "An Internal error occurred (error code: launch path not accessible)

I spoke with Apple as I thought it might be a setting on my Mac - but they have confirmed this is an error with the App Installer and I should contact them..

Can anybody help me please?

Thank you.

Anyone??

My solution was to right click on the installer hit package contents then navigate to: Contents -> MacOS. There should be a file called "JavaApplicationStub" in the folder. Open terminal type "sudo " and then drag that file into the terminal window. Hit enter. It will ask you to enter your computer password.

Once you enter your computer password it will run the installer with admin permissions.

Just use the standalone launcher that can be found here: Download | RuneMate

Last edited:
My solution was to right click on the installer hit package contents then navigate to: Contents -> MacOS. There should be a file called "JavaApplicationStub" in the folder. Open terminal type "sudo " and then drag that file into the terminal window. Hit enter. It will ask you to enter your computer password.

Once you enter your computer password it will run the installer with admin permissions. I am now getting a different error... but this was how I got around this.
Thank you valithor it worked great!

Once you enter your computer password it will run the installer with admin permissions. I am now getting a different error... but this was how I got around this.

Hi, I tried following these steps but it lead to the exact same error, any ideas?

Once you enter your computer password it will run the installer with admin permissions.
I did all of the above, but when typing in my password it simply said "Unknown command". I'm unsure if I missed something, but doesnt ask for my password nor does it update anything. Any ideas?

I did all of the above, but when typing in my password it simply said "Unknown command". I'm unsure if I missed something, but doesnt ask for my password nor does it update anything. Any ideas?

I got it to work after a while trying, however, I was met with this message "
An internal error occurred (error code: Could not load JRE from The bundle “Java SE 8” couldn’t be loaded because its executable couldn’t be located..)" and wont load... any ideas?

An internal error occurred (error code: Could not load JRE from The bundle “Java SE 8” couldn’t be loaded because its executable couldn’t be located..)" and wont load... any ideas?

just download the standalone launcher at: Download | RuneMate

Community Manager

Do you have java 8 32bit installed?

Mine says
bash: sudo/Users/rahim/Desktop/RuneMate Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub: No such file or directory

when I copy java into my terminal thats what appears..

Mine says
bash: sudo/Users/rahim/Desktop/RuneMate Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub: No such file or directory

when I copy java into my terminal thats what appears..

You didn’t put a space after the sudo. Either way it’s easier to just use the standalone launcher from the download page.

still getting the error, my terminal didn't even ask for my password

this is what I get when I open the 'JavaApplicationStub'

2018-11-23 01:34:21.424 JavaApplicationStub[1555:73929] +[UnTar extractFile:name:fileSize:permissions:uncompressedLength:fileManager:progressBlock:] [Line 100] Could not open file /var/folders/yk/yk1k_kq579v0l1_7n5mtd4p40000gn/T/DAD81E86-BD62-4BD3-BAA2-AFC37927A3F6-1555-000008A254344871/jre.bundle/Contents/Home/jre/LICENSE

2018-11-23 01:34:21.424 JavaApplicationStub[1555:73929] +[UnTar untar:to:uncompressedLength:withProgress:] [Line 227] ERROR: extract file failed

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

any help?

Last edited:

Just use the standalone launcher that can be found here: Download | RuneMate
I tried the first few steps; however, as soon as i enter the terminal it tries to install rune mate and this message pops up in the terminal
2018-12-02 00:36:05.313 JavaApplicationStub[3261:214808] +[UnTar extractFile:name:fileSize:permissions:uncompressedLength:fileManager:progressBlock:] [Line 100] Could not open file /var/folders/hg/w9_gypbd7cn9620dzhnxddh40000gn/T/B1204D23-B0F4-480A-9B8A-3A88C0669A9A-3261-00000F06D8197724/jre.bundle/Contents/Home/jre/LICENSE

2018-12-02 00:36:05.313 JavaApplicationStub[3261:214808] +[UnTar untar:to:uncompressedLength:withProgress:] [Line 227] ERROR: extract file failed

logout

Saving session...

...completed.
[Process completed]

I also tried to download the standalone, but It says that "The Java JAR file 'Runemate.jar' could not be launched. Check the Console for possible error messages."

this is what I get when I open the 'JavaApplicationStub'

2018-11-23 01:34:21.424 JavaApplicationStub[1555:73929] +[UnTar extractFile:name:fileSize:permissions:uncompressedLength:fileManager:progressBlock:] [Line 100] Could not open file /var/folders/yk/yk1k_kq579v0l1_7n5mtd4p40000gn/T/DAD81E86-BD62-4BD3-BAA2-AFC37927A3F6-1555-000008A254344871/jre.bundle/Contents/Home/jre/LICENSE

2018-11-23 01:34:21.424 JavaApplicationStub[1555:73929] +[UnTar untar:to:uncompressedLength:withProgress:] [Line 227] ERROR: extract file failed

logout

Saving session...

...completed.

[Process completed]

any help?
Did you ever find a solution?

Same issue.... Neither mac or standalone download.

I tried the first few steps; however, as soon as i enter the terminal it tries to install rune mate and this message pops up in the terminal
2018-12-02 00:36:05.313 JavaApplicationStub[3261:214808] +[UnTar extractFile:name:fileSize:permissions:uncompressedLength:fileManager:progressBlock:] [Line 100] Could not open file /var/folders/hg/w9_gypbd7cn9620dzhnxddh40000gn/T/B1204D23-B0F4-480A-9B8A-3A88C0669A9A-3261-00000F06D8197724/jre.bundle/Contents/Home/jre/LICENSE

2018-12-02 00:36:05.313 JavaApplicationStub[3261:214808] +[UnTar untar:to:uncompressedLength:withProgress:] [Line 227] ERROR: extract file failed

logout

Saving session...

...completed.
[Process completed]

I also tried to download the standalone, but It says that "The Java JAR file 'Runemate.jar' could not be launched. Check the Console for possible error messages."

i did! i tried the sudo / solution and everything worked!

ragging the I solved this issue by simply opening up terminal, going to package "JavaApplicationStub" -- The ntyping "sudo" in into the terminal and then dragging the executable file onto the terminal.
Hit enter and good to go.