Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Resolved MY account was hijacked

My account was hijacked, runemate is the only possible way that someone could have received my information. Do the script and bot authors have access to my accounts information by me utilizing their bots? if so what type of system if any is in place to keep this in check. I utilize almost exclusively premium bots, plus one free blast furnace bot. I figured if I went with the premium bots there would be some sort of standard to receive the label of premium. I lost over 15 mil worth of items, and I am very confident that rune mate is the source of my problem.

No, bot authors don't come close to touching your account. Runemate isn't the source - sorry to tell you.
I have had bots that log out and log in of my runescape account during the session. if they have no access how does the bot manage to record my login. I did not tell the script my login, it pulled it on its own. I have trouble imagining that the bot developer having no access to my account information, when he obviously wrote the command lines for his bot that manage to access my account information. It would be impossible for the bot to log out and log into my account without being able to access my account information, so either that is a bot-side command line that pulls it, or that is part of the runemate interface.

I only play on my personal phone or my home network. I have different passwords for my account, email and authenticator. No one uses my home computer and I have no friends that I play this game with. the two only plausible explanations, are either 1: someone backdoored my network and installed a key logger, or 2: runeamte or a similar application are how they got access. ( I don't have any other runscape related software besides osrs client and runemate) and I doubt a key logger was secreatly loaded onto my network.

I have had bots that log out and log in of my runescape account during the session. if they have no access how does the bot manage to record my login. I did not tell the script my login, it pulled it on its own. I have trouble imagining that the bot developer having no access to my account information, when he obviously wrote the command lines for his bot that manage to access my account information. It would be impossible for the bot to log out and log into my account without being able to access my account information, so either that is a bot-side command line that pulls it, or that is part of the runemate interface.

I only play on my personal phone or my home network. I have different passwords for my account, email and authenticator. No one uses my home computer and I have no friends that I play this game with. the two only plausible explanations, are either 1: someone backdoored my network and installed a key logger, or 2: runeamte or a similar application are how they got access. ( I don't have any other runscape related software besides osrs client and runemate) and I doubt a key logger was secreatly loaded onto my network.
We don't handle logins - the runemate client does. If you'd think runemate would jeopardize their reputation for an insignificant 15m then you might want to take a step back and re-think. "Backdooring a network to install a keylogger" doesn't exactly work like it does in the movies mate. If I had the ability to stroll along a street in my car and suddenly hijack everybodies passwords then I wouldn't be looking at Runescape accounts.

RuneMate Staff
Sorry to hear that you were hacked, but I can assure you it wasn't due to RuneMate or Bot Authors.

I am posting below the same information I do every time this topic comes up to help clarify the situation:

• Are you sure you haven't used an easy to guess username/password combination?
  • Or that you're using a combination that has been leaked from an external database breach?
  • Or you downloaded a gold generator or similar program?
  • Clicked on any suspicious URLs from Twitch streams etc?

There is NO way RuneMate would hack you for your gold/items. We would not risk our entire reputation over the small amount of gold/items any user would have.

Furthermore, from the moment you enter your username/password combination in to the client, the information is immediately encrypted and impossible for anyone to read and use.

Bot Authors do not have access to your username or password. The only person who does is YOU.

There have been many accusations of this over the years and almost every single time without fail the user has later determined the fault occurred elsewhere.

Individual bots do not have access to credentials of any sort. In addition, every line of every version of every bot is reviewed by a proprietary scanner for malicious code and manually by a Staff member.

Regarding your computer, I suggest running a scan using Windows Defender and Malware Bytes and taking any recommended actions.

To summarise and make it extremely clear, RuneMate did not hack you and steal your items.

You dont handle login's but what is the chance of a bot author putting a keylogger in?
Because ive just been hacked aswell, only third party software i use is runemate.
Past few weeks ive been using Regals bots.

RuneMate Staff
You dont handle login's but what is the chance of a bot author putting a keylogger in?
Because ive just been hacked aswell, only third party software i use is runemate.
Past few weeks ive been using Regals bots.

100% impossible.

There was recently a huge database breach from hundreds of other websites leaked online (see www.haveibeenpwned.com), I wouldn't be surprised if you use an easy to guess combination that was included in that or a previous breach.