Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Mod Jacmob may left Jagex

12 year old normie
I consider him a close friend. We don't chat as much as we used to, considering how our paths diverged and how busy we both are.

Isn't he "upset" that you're still running a forbidden macroing service on "his" game? I mean, it's like a thief and a cop being friends.

Isn't he "upset" that you're still running a forbidden macroing service on "his" game? I mean, it's like a thief and a cop being friends.
Without runemate and others Jacmob wouldnt have had a job. Why would he be upset

12 year old normie
Without runemate and others Jacmob wouldnt have had a job. Why would he be upset

That doesn't mean he's encouraging bot development. I think he'd be happier without all the bots because that means he succeeded in doing his job.

That doesn't mean he's encouraging bot development. I think he'd be happier without all the bots because that means he succeeded in doing his job.
This issue is far too complex for people who haven't conversed with him to predict his point of view. Although you might be right that he desires the destruction of bots because it means career success, he might highly miss bots for the memories, for the emotional bond leaders often have for their former communities and work. Both possibilities are valid.

It would be rather interesting to know whether or not he thinks botting to be immoral.

Isn`t mod weath the one that is working against boting? Jacmob was working on all around stuff, like improving osrs game engine and that kind of stuff, not boting related

F

Falixus

Isn`t mod weath the one that is working against boting? Jacmob was working on all around stuff, like improving osrs game engine and that kind of stuff, not boting related
As far as I remember he was rather big in the whole anti-bot scheming.

I believe that Weath's job is to use software to catch all kinds of bots in OSRS whereas Jacmob's job was to make the automatic anti-bot software better and more accurate.

Doesnt this mean jagex have to change the system? If Jacmob were to start fresh on the botting scene he would know the loopholes and what not

Doesnt this mean jagex have to change the system? If Jacmob were to start fresh on the botting scene he would know the loopholes and what not
It is incredibly likely that he isn't legally allowed to develop anything bot related without massive fines and/or lawsuits due to contracts and such.

I guess if he really wanted to he could develop stuff without revealing that he's Jacmob, but that's risky at best.

Would be so cool if something spectacular happend and we got to relive the nexus days of botting, good old days