Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

MaxiWoodcutter

That's the gp/xp rates for mahogany which is available at level 50 vs teak at level 35. Counterintuitively mahogany is much worse for money and exp. Teak chops roughly twice as fast as mahogany but a single teak log is worth 70% of a mahogany log.

Pay-to-play Woodcutting training

The wiki gives an exp upper limit of 220k/hour at 99 but that's with some intense 2/3 tick manipulation. In practice you can get up to 90k exp per hour/300k gp per hour.

At 77 wc I'm getting something along the lines of 55k xp/hour and just under 200k gp per hour.

Author of MaxiBots
That's the gp/xp rates for mahogany which is available at level 50 vs teak at level 35. Counterintuitively mahogany is much worse for money and exp. Teak chops roughly twice as fast as mahogany but a single teak log is worth 70% of a mahogany log.

Pay-to-play Woodcutting training

The wiki gives an exp upper limit of 220k/hour at 99 but that's with some intense 2/3 tick manipulation. In practice you can get up to 90k exp per hour/300k gp per hour.

At 77 wc I'm getting something along the lines of 55k xp/hour and just under 200k gp per hour.
Yeah okay, could be worth it then. I read that it's a decent place for ironmen. I also read the Sulliusceps are really good. Do you know if any of the other things on fossil island are worth botting?

Is there an option to pick up bird nests?

Additionally, I've used this several times and I've caught the bot stuck in switching between the "all" and "games" tab, any idea why this is happening?

If you could work out sulliusceps that would be absolutely amazing. It blows most conventional methods out of the water for exp/hour and you get a nice bonus from the fossils which can be traded in for exp in other skills. There is definitely some risk involved especially for low levels with multiple sources of moderate damage, but overall the risk should be quite manageable.

From a developer perspective my presumption is that sulliusceps would require a lot of iterative testing, in the sense that it is a series of multiple sequential tasks. However each task itself shouldn't be particularly hard to deal with, and there is minimal "decision making" involved other than managing HP. A potential complication is world hopping but that is not strictly required.

I don’t see any reason why sulliusceps can’t be botted, but in my non-technical opinion creating a bot for sulliusceps would be somewhat more challenging, and much more time consuming than say implementing cutting teaks/mahoganys.

As for other fossil island attractions, by far the most appreciated is birdhouses, and in my opinion also has the most potential with relative ease of implementation. There are other unique resources and activities on the island which might be useful for ironmen, such as herbiboars for high level herbs, but otherwise have limited value.

As mentioned before birdhouses are a periodical task for hunter xp and birdnests, which are worth more than 4.5k each at the moment. It takes 50 minutes for a birdhouse to fill up (conveniently just under an hour for billing purposes), and they cannot be "harvested" before they are full. In many ways birdhouses are similar to farming, but with much smaller scope, less time, and fewer variables.

Unlike farming, the duration begins once the birdhouse is completed, instead of following global ticks like farming cycles, which is arguably easier to track/schedule. Once you unlock the system of teleportation (which requires minimal effort), completing a birdhouse run to all 4 birdhouses requires less than a minute.

As an example I use yew birdhouses which require 59 hunter, and every 50 minutes I get just over 4k hunter exp and an average of 9 bird nests, which is worth more than 40k gp in total, as well as assorted seeds and jewelry, requiring less than a minute of time and no more than 30 clicks in locations that never change.

Birdhouses are created with crafting, and each tier of birdhouse requires a similar crafting level as the hunter level required. Crafting a birdhouse requires a hammer and chisel in inventory, a piece of clockwork and the corresponding tier of log. Once the birdhouse is placed it must be loaded with seeds, and will then be ready to “harvest” in 50 minutes.

Harvesting a birdhouse refunds the piece of clockwork while the log is consumed. Typically players reuse the clockwerk and bring logs and tools to craft the birdhouse right after harvesting it.

A player may wish to use prebuilt birdhouses instead of crafting them on the fly, for example if they have a low crafting level and cannot build the birdhouses themselves. They would then require a stock of completed birdhouses in their bank, but otherwise in practice there is little difference.

Generally speaking, automating a birdhouse run can be broken into a few tasks:

- Bank withdrawal possibly including charge-based teleportation jewelry

- Using unique “magic mushtree” teleportation system

- Short pathing between mushtrees and/or birdhouses

- Emptying, replacing and putting seeds into birdhouses, with variation on pre-built and building on the fly

- Depositing bank/resetting

The only user settings/input required would be the tier/type of birdhouse used, the seeds used, and whether to use prebuilt birdhouses or crafting on the fly, and perhaps some options with teleport jewelry.

In a similar way to the teak/mahogany trees discussed earlier, you would be dealing with unique entities in the birdhouses, as well as a unique menu system for the magic mushtree teleports. Once again, my understanding is that most of the work is to establish these components, but getting them to move shouldn’t be too hard. But that’s just my lay opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

Back to the original topic, I think a package of cutting teaks combined with birdhouse runs at regular intervals makes a lot of sense. If all activities are on the island, instead of using teleportation jewelry, you would be looking at some 30 extra tiles of pathing to the bank on the island. The way I see it is the woodcutting is a great low-risk low-intensity activity to fill time in between the birdhouse runs; and the birdhouse runs would also function as a sort of anticheat/antipattern to break up the woodcutting. This is all packaged in just-longer-than-50-minute cycles for easy billing.

Just as easily you could replace the 50 minutes of woodcutting with any activity that sits in front of a bank, using the bank at the fossil island camp, such as fletching or herblore. There is also a permanent fire a modest 10 tiles or so away from the bank. All said I feel like there is a lot of potential for birdhouse runs to add value to and leverage your preexisting resources.

I’m not exactly sure how this works but if at any point you feel confident that you could implement this I would be happy to put a down payment of say 50 hours, and help with whatever testing. I am on an asian timezone so it shouldn’t be too hard to coordinate.

Author of MaxiBots
Is there an option to pick up bird nests?

Additionally, I've used this several times and I've caught the bot stuck in switching between the "all" and "games" tab, any idea why this is happening?
yeah its on the advanced tab in the settings. You mean the chat tabs right? I'd need you to send me the log file. If you're in resizable mode it would be trying to click something behind the chat window. You should always use fixed screen on runemate

If you could work out sulliusceps that would be absolutely amazing. It blows most conventional methods out of the water for exp/hour and you get a nice bonus from the fossils which can be traded in for exp in other skills. There is definitely some risk involved especially for low levels with multiple sources of moderate damage, but overall the risk should be quite manageable.

From a developer perspective my presumption is that sulliusceps would require a lot of iterative testing, in the sense that it is a series of multiple sequential tasks. However each task itself shouldn't be particularly hard to deal with, and there is minimal "decision making" involved other than managing HP. A potential complication is world hopping but that is not strictly required.

I don’t see any reason why sulliusceps can’t be botted, but in my non-technical opinion creating a bot for sulliusceps would be somewhat more challenging, and much more time consuming than say implementing cutting teaks/mahoganys.

As for other fossil island attractions, by far the most appreciated is birdhouses, and in my opinion also has the most potential with relative ease of implementation. There are other unique resources and activities on the island which might be useful for ironmen, such as herbiboars for high level herbs, but otherwise have limited value.

As mentioned before birdhouses are a periodical task for hunter xp and birdnests, which are worth more than 4.5k each at the moment. It takes 50 minutes for a birdhouse to fill up (conveniently just under an hour for billing purposes), and they cannot be "harvested" before they are full. In many ways birdhouses are similar to farming, but with much smaller scope, less time, and fewer variables.

Unlike farming, the duration begins once the birdhouse is completed, instead of following global ticks like farming cycles, which is arguably easier to track/schedule. Once you unlock the system of teleportation (which requires minimal effort), completing a birdhouse run to all 4 birdhouses requires less than a minute.

As an example I use yew birdhouses which require 59 hunter, and every 50 minutes I get just over 4k hunter exp and an average of 9 bird nests, which is worth more than 40k gp in total, as well as assorted seeds and jewelry, requiring less than a minute of time and no more than 30 clicks in locations that never change.

Birdhouses are created with crafting, and each tier of birdhouse requires a similar crafting level as the hunter level required. Crafting a birdhouse requires a hammer and chisel in inventory, a piece of clockwork and the corresponding tier of log. Once the birdhouse is placed it must be loaded with seeds, and will then be ready to “harvest” in 50 minutes.

Harvesting a birdhouse refunds the piece of clockwork while the log is consumed. Typically players reuse the clockwerk and bring logs and tools to craft the birdhouse right after harvesting it.

A player may wish to use prebuilt birdhouses instead of crafting them on the fly, for example if they have a low crafting level and cannot build the birdhouses themselves. They would then require a stock of completed birdhouses in their bank, but otherwise in practice there is little difference.

Generally speaking, automating a birdhouse run can be broken into a few tasks:

- Bank withdrawal possibly including charge-based teleportation jewelry

- Using unique “magic mushtree” teleportation system

- Short pathing between mushtrees and/or birdhouses

- Emptying, replacing and putting seeds into birdhouses, with variation on pre-built and building on the fly

- Depositing bank/resetting

The only user settings/input required would be the tier/type of birdhouse used, the seeds used, and whether to use prebuilt birdhouses or crafting on the fly, and perhaps some options with teleport jewelry.

In a similar way to the teak/mahogany trees discussed earlier, you would be dealing with unique entities in the birdhouses, as well as a unique menu system for the magic mushtree teleports. Once again, my understanding is that most of the work is to establish these components, but getting them to move shouldn’t be too hard. But that’s just my lay opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

Back to the original topic, I think a package of cutting teaks combined with birdhouse runs at regular intervals makes a lot of sense. If all activities are on the island, instead of using teleportation jewelry, you would be looking at some 30 extra tiles of pathing to the bank on the island. The way I see it is the woodcutting is a great low-risk low-intensity activity to fill time in between the birdhouse runs; and the birdhouse runs would also function as a sort of anticheat/antipattern to break up the woodcutting. This is all packaged in just-longer-than-50-minute cycles for easy billing.

Just as easily you could replace the 50 minutes of woodcutting with any activity that sits in front of a bank, using the bank at the fossil island camp, such as fletching or herblore. There is also a permanent fire a modest 10 tiles or so away from the bank. All said I feel like there is a lot of potential for birdhouse runs to add value to and leverage your preexisting resources.

I’m not exactly sure how this works but if at any point you feel confident that you could implement this I would be happy to put a down payment of say 50 hours, and help with whatever testing. I am on an asian timezone so it shouldn’t be too hard to coordinate.
Well. I think that just might be the best post i have ever seen. Extremely informative. Thank you.
This is definitely something i will consider for the near future. Currently, i need to retest the main functionality of most of my bots as usage has dropped a fair bit over the last week or so. Once that's done i intend on rewriting my tanner and fisher and making them premium.
After that i'm thinking i might look at writing a bot for the farming trees without the birdhouses initially. Once that's up and running i would then look at adding the birdhouses and then expanding into sulliusceps.
As for birdhouses being an add-on to existing bots, i think that's a great idea. I'd need to give it some more thought on how best to approach it though.

Hello,

Sometimes the bot get stuck while trying to bank in Woodcutting Guild and the Varrack West/East banks and this message gets spammed so I have to manually move the bot in order to fix it. Error: "Failed to interact with Bank booth [3186, 3436, 0], turning the camera"

This could probably trigger their anti-ban macro system as well?

Author of MaxiBots
Hello,

Sometimes the bot get stuck while trying to bank in Woodcutting Guild and the Varrack West/East banks and this message gets spammed so I have to manually move the bot in order to fix it. Error: "Failed to interact with Bank booth [3186, 3436, 0], turning the camera"

This could probably trigger their anti-ban macro system as well?
Are you using resizable mode? If so you really need to be using fixed screen on pretty much any RuneMate bots as most interfaces aren't considered when doing visibility checks which results in interfaces blocking interactions.
If that's not the case then i need a screenshot of the game window when this happens and for you to attach the log file please.

Are you using resizable mode? If so you really need to be using fixed screen on pretty much any RuneMate bots as most interfaces aren't considered when doing visibility checks which results in interfaces blocking interactions.
If that's not the case then i need a screenshot of the game window when this happens and for you to attach the log file please.
Yea i was using re-sizable mode I'll try fixed and see how that goes.

Thanks!

I'm having an issue where the bot doesn't bank anything when there is an axe in your inventory.

Also when i'm wielding the axe it deposits it in the bank > withdraws it > since there is an axe in my inventory doesn't deposit the logs.

I've tried using the "Equip Axe" option as well.

Last edited:
Author of MaxiBots
Yea i was using re-sizable mode I'll try fixed and see how that goes.

Thanks!

I'm having an issue where the bot doesn't bank anything when there is an axe in your inventory.

Also when i'm wielding the axe it deposits it in the bank > withdraws it > since there is an axe in my inventory doesn't deposit the logs.
That's strange. I'll take a look soon. Do you have equip axe selected? Do you have use best axe selected?

That's strange. I'll take a look soon. Do you have equip axe selected? Do you have use best axe selected?
I've just tried using the "Equip axe" and "Use Best Axe" but all it does in the bot logs is spam "Equipping axe (x)" and does nothing.

Author of MaxiBots
I've uploaded the logs.
Which axe are you using? Is one already equipped or do you have more than one in the inventory?
Interesting. The first log looks like it's hovering the oak logs to bank them instead of using the deposit all button so that we dont deposit the axe. But then runemate isn't detecting any actions for the logs other than cancel.

Which axe are you using? Is one already equipped or do you have more than one in the inventory?
Interesting. The first log looks like it's hovering the oak logs to bank them instead of using the deposit all button so that we dont deposit the axe. But then runemate isn't detecting any actions for the logs other than cancel.
So i can't seem to replicate it. Mind restarting runescape and runemate and trying again?

I was using a Bronze axe in my hand, no other axe in my inventory. When it finishes a full log of inventory run it would use the "Deposit worn items" withdraw the axe and it would bug it.

The second time I tried just using the axe in my inventory and it wouldn't deposit anything.

I've also tried restarting runescape and runemate still happened.

Update: it's not happening anymore.. so that's kinda weird.. Will keep you updated if it changes.

Last edited:
Author of MaxiBots
I was using a Bronze axe in my hand, no other axe in my inventory. When it finishes a full log of inventory run it would use the "Deposit worn items" withdraw the axe and it would bug it.

The second time I tried just using the axe in my inventory and it wouldn't deposit anything.

I've also tried restarting runescape and runemate still happened.

Update: it's not happening anymore.. so that's kinda weird.. Will keep you updated if it changes.
Definitely some weird issue on your end I think as it has no code to use deposit deposit worn items and I tested all of those cases and it worked fine. Very strange hut glad its working now

great bot!! have been using custom locations, works great for hardwood grove teak cutting.

have done 83-90 in about a week now, will update if i make it to 99 =D

Author of MaxiBots
great bot!! have been using custom locations, works great for hardwood grove teak cutting.

have done 83-90 in about a week now, will update if i make it to 99 =D
Glad to hear, id appreciate it if you write that in a review

started the bot, with axe and knife, told it to make arrow shafts (since its the only choice) and it ran for a 40 to 50 mins. pretty slow but didn't mess up. I left the room. came back and hour later and it was stuck on the knife with no logs in inventory...