Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Question Legacy client problems

I can run the NXT version maxed out above 200fps but the legacy client while it still gets that fps it freezes for like 6 seconds then unfreezes for a second then continues in a cycle. Is there anything you need for the legacy client that NXT does not? Cause I can't figure out why the NXT client runs flawlessly and the legacy client basically doesn't run at all.

Ikr, same here but it's not as bad as urs. I drop to like 20 to 30 fps once every 15secs and it kinda pisses me off. Doesn't matter tho, the bots should run fine.

RuneMate Staff
Unfortunately the legacy RuneScape client is a bit lacklustre when compared to the new NXT client.

I would recommend you adjust your settings within the client and see what works best for you.

Personally, I've found these settings give me smooth gameplay:

0g1gcqt.png

It's not to do with FPS though, the game runs completely fine for that one second it unfreezes. It just freezes non stop for majority of the client running. It's not actually playable because of freezing, almost like it's not being given the memory or something it needs.

Ikr, same here but it's not as bad as urs. I drop to like 20 to 30 fps once every 15secs and it kinda pisses me off. Doesn't matter tho, the bots should run fine.
My fps isn't the problem, the game freezes (like a picture) for 6 seconds then for about 1 second unfreezes and runs at 200fps. It's not a lag problem, it's a straight up the client isn't responding problem.

Somehow it's working flawlessly now, I went and installed every old version of Java and it's working. What a world we live in.

It's not to do with FPS though, the game runs completely fine for that one second it unfreezes. It just freezes non stop for majority of the client running. It's not actually playable because of freezing, almost like it's not being given the memory or something it needs.

My fps isn't the problem, the game freezes (like a picture) for 6 seconds then for about 1 second unfreezes and runs at 200fps. It's not a lag problem, it's a straight up the client isn't responding problem.

Somehow it's working flawlessly now, I went and installed every old version of Java and it's working. What a world we live in.

What do you mean your legacy client runs at 200fps? That's utter BULLSHIT. Legacy client is capped at 50fps.

Allocate more memory to the client then.

Open %USERPROFILE%\jagexcache\jagexlauncher\runescape
open runescape.prm
edit the -Xmx***m line, I made mine -Xmx512m,
you can make it higher if you want, -Xmx1024m for example.

edit:
nvm, didn't notice you say it's working after updating java.

Author of MaxiBots
Mine does that too but ONLY when a bot instance is running. @Cloud any ideas why that would be?