Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tutorial Jagex Launcher Fix!

any idea when the client is going to support the Jagex launcher kinda sucks haven’t been able to do anything since I wasn’t thinking when I set my account up to a Jagex account screwed it all up

Client Developer
EDIT: Script isn't really working how I intended it to.

Not ready to discuss progress on a "real" patch for the launcher, but I've formalized this workaround into the following batch script:

Code:
@echo off
setlocal

REM Step 1: Go to the folder %LOCALAPPDATA%\RuneLite
cd /d "%LOCALAPPDATA%\RuneLite"

REM Step 2: Create a backup directory and copy the contents of the current directory into the backup
set BACKUP_DIR="%CD%\backup_%date:/=-%_%time::=-%"
mkdir %BACKUP_DIR%
xcopy /E /I /Y /exclude:%BACKUP_DIR%\*.* *.* %BACKUP_DIR%

REM Step 3: Copy everything from C:\Program Files\RuneMate into the folder from step 1
set RUNEMATE_DIR=C:\Program Files\RuneMate
xcopy /E /I /Y "%RUNEMATE_DIR%\*" "%CD%"

REM Step 4: Rename RuneMate.exe to RuneLite.exe
ren "%CD%\RuneMate.exe" RuneLite.exe

echo "Backup created at %BACKUP_DIR%"
echo "RuneMate files copied to %CD% and RuneMate.exe renamed to RuneLite.exe"

pause
endlocal

Attachments

• patch_runelite.zip
    509 bytes · Views: 154
Last edited:
Now I get message saying that a necessary library is missing on RuneMate, when I start it from Jagex Launcher after doing the whole process with the files

Thank you for this. I was a dumb dumb too. Was trying to find a way of unlinking but I don't think that's possible so thank you

Not ready to discuss progress on a "real" patch for the launcher, but I've formalized this workaround into the following batch script:

Code:
@echo off
setlocal

REM Step 1: Go to the folder %LOCALAPPDATA%\RuneLite
cd /d "%LOCALAPPDATA%\RuneLite"

REM Step 2: Create a backup directory and copy the contents of the current directory into the backup
set BACKUP_DIR="%CD%\backup_%date:/=-%_%time::=-%"
mkdir %BACKUP_DIR%

REM Step 3: Copy everything from C:\Program Files\RuneMate into the folder from step 1
set RUNEMATE_DIR=C:\Program Files\RuneMate
xcopy /E /I /Y "%RUNEMATE_DIR%\*" "%CD%"

REM Step 4: Rename RuneMate.exe to RuneLite.exe
ren "%CD%\RuneMate.exe" RuneLite.exe

echo "Backup created at %BACKUP_DIR%"
echo "RuneMate files copied to %CD% and RuneMate.exe renamed to RuneLite.exe"

pause
endlocal

I'm getting

Can't read file: "C:\Users\Joseph\AppData\Local\RuneLite\backup_20-05-2023_21-58-29.47"\*.*
Have you got any suggestions?

0 File(s) copied

Client Developer
That'd be awesome, thank you.
I didn't see the prompts that the launcher was irreversible. Fml

Cheers

It's not fully irreversible, you can just uninstall RuneLite (and clean out the folder in %LOCALAPPDATA%) and re-install it.

i play on windows, but this method still works for me. If you follow each step as noted, you shouldn't have any issues. When either RuneMate or RuneLite have an update, that can get tricky - so just keep your backup folders handy & switch out updated files with the (older) ones as needed.

i play on windows, but this method still works for me. If you follow each step as noted, you shouldn't have any issues. When either RuneMate or RuneLite have an update, that can get tricky - so just keep your backup folders handy & switch out updated files with the (older) ones as needed.

what to do exactly in this case when runemate asks for updated runelite?

Thank you for this guide got runelite working now very quick and easy to follow
I was having such a hard time trying to run in the normal client without the GPU plugin was getting killed by random lag spikes all the time so being able to use runelite again will be a game changer.

Only complaint I have is after swapping the files for some reason now all the the text and icons in the client have this weird black pixelated outlines not sure If that happens to everyone or if I messed something up I tried turning all plugins off and a fresh install and it stayed so if anyone knows a fix would love to hear it

yeah idk how to do this tbh i tried it but it didnt really do anything im certain im just retarded and messed up doing a step