Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Question Issue with minigame Coordinates changing

Hey guys,

I have been working on a Tithe Farm bot for OSRS.
I am having issues with the fact that every time I login, the Coordinates of each Tithe patch change, even though I am in the same spot I was previously.

I started trying to write the script so it started at a specific spot, and clicked each spot 1 by 1, this made it easier to check if the spot was completed before moving onto the next.

With the Coordinates changing, this makes it harder and not as good to work with.

I can get it working by starting at a specific spot and going from there but would rather know if there is a better way to do it.

Below are tests I did by logging in and out
All looking at the same patch.
Code:
Capture Time
Tithe patch [10182, 2984, 0]
Coordinate(10182, 2984, 0)
Capture Time
Tithe patch [7686, 3368, 0]
Coordinate(7686, 3368, 0)
Capture Time
Tithe patch [8646, 3368, 0]
Coordinate(8646, 3368, 0)
Capture Time
Tithe patch [10374, 3368, 0]
Coordinate(10374, 3368, 0)
Capture Time
Tithe patch [12486, 3368, 0]
Coordinate(12486, 3368, 0)

If only the coordinates change, and not the map layout - find a unique gameobject, and set the other coordinates relative to that?
If there isn't any unique gameobject, you could find something that's furthest to one direction, or even a certain unique positioning of two different gameobjects.

Basically, find something on the map that enables you to set an origin point, and make everything else relative to that.

I have no idea what Tithe Farm is, or how it works. But generally speaking you should use coordinates as little as possible to dictate interactions. Try to use various properties of gameobjects instead.

Have you attempted to use Varps or varbits, if its a constantly changing variable it might have a varbit which you can use instead of coords?