Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Is this bot detectable?

Does not exist.
got banned once on runemate but its my own fault for getting greedy changed ip and botting a 1.9k total main now with a bot busting ban that expired like last week just dont go bot obvious shit

Does client detect whether it is minimized on the computer? Because if you're botting while your client is minimized, then it's obvious that you're not playing, which is a direct bot suspicion. I don't see why this wouldn't be a feature existing in the RS client. And if yes, how does runemate tackle it?
Anyone know?

Does not exist.
Does client detect whether it is minimized on the computer? Because if you're botting while your client is minimized, then it's obvious that you're not playing, which is a direct flag to Jagex. I don't see why this wouldn't be a feature existing in the RS client. And if yes, how does runemate tackle it?
Anyone know?
You mean jagex detecing it ? don't think so then everyone would get banned or at least more people, also i think they need cant due to privacy reasons

Java Warlord
Does client detect whether it is minimized on the computer? Because if you're botting while your client is minimized, then it's obvious that you're not playing, which is a direct bot suspicion. I don't see why this wouldn't be a feature existing in the RS client. And if yes, how does runemate tackle it?
Anyone know?
The game itself is just a Java applet, the rs client just loads and displays it, and whether or not it's minimized isn't accessible from that applet.

The game itself is just a Java applet, the rs client just loads and displays it, and whether or not it's minimized isn't accessible from that applet.
On a browser, it is possible to detect if window is active/shown/focused. I would assume this is possible on a java software as well?

For example:
How to check if the current Java application is in foreground on my Windows PC?

You mean jagex detecing it ? don't think so then everyone would get banned or at least more people, also i think they need cant due to privacy reasons
Often it is used in as a means for site developers to programmatically determine the current visibility state of a page in order to develop power and CPU efficient applications.
This same terminology could be said for a software. What difference is there with privacy in this case? Applications gather much more data considered "private" than detecting if the window is minimized or not. Besides, detecting if window is minimized or not is absolutely neccessary, say for example if you wish to display a tray icon, or notifications.
Users do get banned. Do we know the exact reason? This could be a contributing factor, therefore I think it should be looked into.

Last edited:
Java Warlord
On a browser, it is possible to detect if window is active/shown/focused. I would assume this is possible on a java software as well?
Yes but you can't natively get the window state from within the java applet. Your browser also just loads and displays that applet, the applet doesn't care where it's loaded (unless it's being modified but that's another story and not relevant for runemate)