Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Question Improving logic using TaskBot.

sheckWes.hoes(calling);
Hello All,

Recently began programming, specifically with the RuneMate API and TaskBot. I have written one basic bot and looking to improve upon the existing one and future projects. Could anyone point me to a resource, or spend time with me to go over logic and improving it. Would love a resource that breaks down logic and how to dissect a project into smaller tasks and bits of logic in an efficient method. Primarily for the reason I do not want to get into bad practice and want to most effective and efficient bots overtime and possibly skip some obstacles.

Was suggested from a friend that logic, etc. is something that you pick up overtime and I completely agree, however always looking for better content to learn.

Cheers.

cuppa.drink(java);
Is TaskBot becoming the norm now? I keep hearing people talk about it, but I thought TreeBot was recommended usually.

Personally I'd recommend learning how to structure TreeBots well, which basically just takes practice thinking through the logic and putting it as a tree on paper.

Are you in the mining area?
No: walk to it.
Yes: do you have space for more ore?
-- Yes: mine a rock
-- No: drop stuff

#1 Fabric Cleaner
Learn TreeBot structure my dude

Attachments

• A777C588-6DD5-4AD4-8227-A662153CF5A1.jpeg
    A777C588-6DD5-4AD4-8227-A662153CF5A1.jpeg
    477.7 KB · Views: 36
sheckWes.hoes(calling);
Is TaskBot becoming the norm now? I keep hearing people talk about it, but I thought TreeBot was recommended usually.

Personally I'd recommend learning how to structure TreeBots well, which basically just takes practice thinking through the logic and putting it as a tree on paper.

Are you in the mining area?
No: walk to it.
Yes: do you have space for more ore?
-- Yes: mine a rock
-- No: drop stuff

Learn TreeBot structure my dude

TaskBot was just what I started with and of course looking for growth and improvement so I will look at TreeBot. Just wanted to see if there was any external resource that helped breakdown things for more efficiency if that makes sense.

Any way, will look at treebot; thanks for replies.

#1 Fabric Cleaner
TaskBot was just what I started with and of course looking for growth and improvement so I will look at TreeBot. Just wanted to see if there was any external resource that helped breakdown things for more efficiency if that makes sense.

Any way, will look at treebot; thanks for replies.

TreeBot structure and logic is pretty easy to learn. I recommend watching this video for the basics:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

cuppa.drink(java);
TreeBot structure and logic is pretty easy to learn. I recommend watching this video for the basics:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
+1, this is the video I learned from too