Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

OSRS How To Use Different Proxies Per OSRS Instance on one machine

Was this helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Too Confusing

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
Okay so we all know how to use one proxy on one machine using proxifier, but that affects all runescape clients on the machine not just one.
This tutorial will show you how to use a different proxy for EVERY client you run on your PC.
This is for OSRS Only however I'm sure you could probably do the same with the rs3 client by following the steps but using rs3 stuff

Okay first of all, make sure you have a proxy for each account you want to run added to proxifier
upload_2018-11-24_10-12-30.png

Next Add a Proxification rule with the following info
Ensure that you set the action to use whichever proxy you want to use for that client
The Important part is the jagexlauncher.exe as this is what will be differentiating your clients.
upload_2018-11-24_10-14-44.png

Next Navigate to your jagexcache directory
..\jagexcache\jagexlauncher\bin
upload_2018-11-24_10-17-42.png

Copy JagexLauncher.exe
upload_2018-11-24_10-18-24.png

Personally I'll rename the new one to JagexLauncher1.exe
You can make as many copies as needed for each proxy you will use.
Ie. JagexLauncher1.exe, JagexLauncher2.exe, JagexLauncher3.exe ...

Now Locate your OldSchool RuneScape shortcut, it should be in a similar path to the following:
C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
upload_2018-11-24_10-22-9.png

Copy the Shortcut and paste it wherever, I typically keep them on my desktop but you will need to be able to access them.
upload_2018-11-24_10-23-14.png

Rename the Copied one to reflect the jagexlauncher it will open,
ie, I will rename "OldSchool RuneScaoe - Copy" to "OldSchool RuneScape1"

Now Rightclick the new shortcut and click properties
upload_2018-11-24_10-24-57.png

Change "JagexLauncher.exe" to your new launcher name, ie. "JagexLauncher1.exe"
Eg.
Change the Target path from:
..\jagexcache\jagexlauncher\bin\JagexLauncher.exe oldschool
To:
..\jagexcache\jagexlauncher\bin\JagexLauncher1.exe oldschool

Click Apply and then click Ok
upload_2018-11-24_10-27-1.png

Now Return to proxifier and duplicate your original rule for runescape using the clone button
upload_2018-11-24_10-28-45.png

Edit the Copied Rule:
Change the name to your new jagexLauncher name number so you can keep track of it easier
ie, JagexLauncher1 -> Runescape1 etc.
Change the Application from "JagexLauncher.exe" to the new name ie. "JagexLauncher1.exe"
(Additionally you can search for the file using the browse button)
Keep the Target hosts still as *.runescape.*
Change the action to your other proxy
upload_2018-11-24_10-32-47.png
Click Ok on both windows.

And you're done. Now, rather than allowing runemate to open your client itself, use the shortcuts to open each client. Make sure you always do these one at a time so you don't accidentally use the wrong account with the wrong proxy.

Any further questions feel free to ask,

Hi, thanks very much for the great guide ! i've been searching in the site for a guide like this (How to open multiple rs clients with separete proxies)

I'm an experienced botters with some other botting clients but new to runemate. Your guide perfectly explains how to do it but i wonder what's the average CPU consumption of a single bot client?

@PassiveModding do you know how to proixify osrs linux client (RSU) with this method? I tried copying RSU launcher file and rename, doesn't work. the copied files won't launch the game.

Okay so we all know how to use one proxy on one machine using proxifier, but that affects all runescape clients on the machine not just one.
This tutorial will show you how to use a different proxy for EVERY client you run on your PC.
This is for OSRS Only however I'm sure you could probably do the same with the rs3 client by following the steps but using rs3 stuff

Okay first of all, make sure you have a proxy for each account you want to run added to proxifier
View attachment 7215

Ensure that you set the action to use whichever proxy you want to use for that client
The Important part is the jagexlauncher.exe as this is what will be differentiating your clients.
View attachment 7216

View attachment 7217

Copy JagexLauncher.exe
View attachment 7218

Now Locate your OldSchool RuneScape shortcut, it should be in a similar path to the following:
View attachment 7219

Copy the Shortcut and paste it wherever, I typically keep them on my desktop but you will need to be able to access them.
View attachment 7220

View attachment 7221

Eg.
To:

View attachment 7222

Now Return to proxifier and duplicate your original rule for runescape using the clone button
View attachment 7223

Edit the Copied Rule:
Change the name to your new jagexLauncher name number so you can keep track of it easier
Change the Application from "JagexLauncher.exe" to the new name ie. "JagexLauncher1.exe"
View attachment 7224

And you're done. Now, rather than allowing runemate to open your client itself, use the shortcuts to open each client. Make sure you always do these one at a time so you don't accidentally use the wrong account with the wrong proxy.

no comprende

View attachment 7215

View attachment 7216

View attachment 7217

Copy JagexLauncher.exe
View attachment 7218

View attachment 7219

View attachment 7220

View attachment 7221

Eg.
To:

View attachment 7222

View attachment 7223

Edit the Copied Rule:
View attachment 7224

is there a way to use the assigned proxy for example JagexLauncher2.exe to also work for the runescape website when creating a new account?

is there a way to use the assigned proxy for example JagexLauncher2.exe to also work for the runescape website when creating a new account?
sadly no, you'd have to change that manually for each account you wish to create. The reason this works is because there is a separate jar for each runescape instance whereas unless you wanted to copy your browser and make specific profiles for that there isnt a way.

You could possibly try this chrome extension: Proxy SwitchySharp

and create a profile for each proxy you have but I haven't tested it so I'm not sure

sadly no, you'd have to change that manually for each account you wish to create. The reason this works is because there is a separate jar for each runescape instance whereas unless you wanted to copy your browser and make specific profiles for that there isnt a way.

You could possibly try this chrome extension: Proxy SwitchySharp

and create a profile for each proxy you have but I haven't tested it so I'm not sure
ah ok, well thx for responding anyways

I can't connect for some reason this is what it says : JagexLauncher1.exe - oldschool.runescape.com:80 error : Could not connect through proxy

I made sure every info was correct that i entered, still wont work. I contacted the proxy customer service and they told me that it was not a problem on their side and the proxy seems to be working.
It is SOCKS5

I followed all the steps but when connecting with the proxy it goes out says this:
[04.25 03:46:35] JagexLauncher3.exe - oldschool4.runescape.com:80 close, 636 bytes sent, 1315265 bytes (1.25 MB) received, lifetime 00:10
[04.25 03:46:41] JagexLauncher2.exe - oldschool4.runescape.com:80 close, 636 bytes sent, 1315265 bytes (1.25 MB) received, lifetime 00:16
[04.25 03:47:08] JagexLauncher3.exe - oldschool4.runescape.com:43594 close, 17 bytes sent, 177 bytes received, lifetime 00:38
[04.25 03:47:10] JagexLauncher2.exe - oldschool4.runescape.com:43594 close, 17 bytes sent, 177 bytes received, lifetime 00:37

View attachment 7215

View attachment 7216

View attachment 7217

Copy JagexLauncher.exe
View attachment 7218

View attachment 7219

View attachment 7220

View attachment 7221

Eg.
To:

View attachment 7222

View attachment 7223

Edit the Copied Rule:
View attachment 7224

hey. is it possible for osbuddy and runelite clients aswell?

Any reason why under the applications tab it says "lagexlauncher.exe" and not "Jagexlauncher.exe", with a "J". was it a typo?

Hi I've gone through this method to a T and after launching one of the clients and then attempting to start a bot instance, Runemate instance is not recognizing that there is a client already open. Anyone able to help with this?

Miss
I followed all the steps but when connecting with the proxy it goes out says this:
[04.25 03:46:35] JagexLauncher3.exe - oldschool4.runescape.com:80 close, 636 bytes sent, 1315265 bytes (1.25 MB) received, lifetime 00:10
[04.25 03:46:41] JagexLauncher2.exe - oldschool4.runescape.com:80 close, 636 bytes sent, 1315265 bytes (1.25 MB) received, lifetime 00:16
[04.25 03:47:08] JagexLauncher3.exe - oldschool4.runescape.com:43594 close, 17 bytes sent, 177 bytes received, lifetime 00:38
[04.25 03:47:10] JagexLauncher2.exe - oldschool4.runescape.com:43594 close, 17 bytes sent, 177 bytes received, lifetime 00:37

I am getting the same kind of error as you :( Can anyone please help? I followed the above steps with RuneLite, and this is the error I get. When I run RL1.exe (the shortcut that links to my copy of RuneLite.exe), the proxy shows up as running, but then instantly closes for some reason.

[11.08 23:48:09] rl1.exe - static.runelite.net:443 open through proxy XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXXX SOCKS5
[11.08 23:48:10] rl1.exe - static.runelite.net:443 open through proxy XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXXX SOCKS5
[11.08 23:48:12] rl1.exe - static.runelite.net:443 close, 706 bytes sent, 23268 bytes (22.7 KB) received, lifetime <1 sec
[11.08 23:48:12] rl1.exe - static.runelite.net:443 close, 968 bytes sent, 2041 bytes (1.99 KB) received, lifetime <1 sec

Also, no idea why it appears to be opening the application via the proxy twice. I replaced details of my proxy with XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXXX. Any help would be hugely appreciated :)

bro,

thank you for this, you are one smart cookie,i have searched everyware for solution and you saved my life :)
you explained it a little bit confusing but i got it working.
in simple word : you just need to make a copy of the MAIN app as you said and rename it,after that just make a shortcut of that renamed copy on desktop and in properties the all you need to change is the target where is located, for memu play it is in diferent folder just copy the folder location name and paste it where doese it starts and save and VOILA :) .

thank you again for this