Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Question How to check Essence Pouches

Hello fellow programmers!

I've been searching the forums for a way to check the degradation/contents of the various essence pouches for runecrafting but I've come up mostly empty handed. I found an older post saying that the varbits for essence pouches have been removed back in 2018 or something.

Does anybody know how I would 1) check if a pouch is degraded, and 2) check how many essence are stored in each of the 5 pouches?

Thank you!

TheOkayGatsby
heyyo, i currently have a RC bot and had to tackle these issues. by no means are these the best ways to handle them.

degraded pouches have a different item id. to check for a degraded pouch, i check if the item name exists in my inventory, but the fully repaired item id does not.

for checking how much essence is in a pouch, my current solution is checking if the pouch has a "Fill" option since that option goes away when the pouch is full. however i do believe there are working varbits to determine how much essence is stored. i didn't know how to utilize varbits when developing my bot, but it's working well enough to the point where i didn't do too much digging. to get the varbit id's, run the dev tool and look at the event logger when filling/emptying your pouch.

hope this can help you get started :)

heyyo, i currently have a RC bot and had to tackle these issues. by no means are these the best ways to handle them.

degraded pouches have a different item id. to check for a degraded pouch, i check if the item name exists in my inventory, but the fully repaired item id does not.

for checking how much essence is in a pouch, my current solution is checking if the pouch has a "Fill" option since that option goes away when the pouch is full. however i do believe there are working varbits to determine how much essence is stored. i didn't know how to utilize varbits when developing my bot, but it's working well enough to the point where i didn't do too much digging. to get the varbit id's, run the dev tool and look at the event logger when filling/emptying your pouch.

hope this can help you get started :)

Thanks for the reply! My menu entry swapper must have changed things because I always have the fill option on my pouches, or I probably would have done that. And I did try to track down the Varbits but nothing was coming up in the listener that looked right.