Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How to bot safely

It's easy to detect MAC-address of your computer.

Did not know, though i've botted pures in the past (didnt know what i was doing) that got banned, and im talking 2 digits. most have been banned while i was logged into my main and i've had no problems with that. i've never botted on that acc though

hey guys, came back to rs after 5 yr break, im surprised how bots are improved, i am pretty much botting 20h a day on 2 acc for 2 weeks now (both pures) but i am doing a lot of pking and some questing in the middle, + i talk a lot in cc for brief period of times, but then leave pc for 8hrs and let it work, am i just lucky or this is working? i am now really scared that i will get banned cuz accounts are really good at this point, got few hr left on my 200, planning to buy some more, but am i too greedy?

hey guys, came back to rs after 5 yr break, im surprised how bots are improved, i am pretty much botting 20h a day on 2 acc for 2 weeks now (both pures) but i am doing a lot of pking and some questing in the middle, + i talk a lot in cc for brief period of times, but then leave pc for 8hrs and let it work, am i just lucky or this is working? i am now really scared that i will get banned cuz accounts are really good at this point, got few hr left on my 200, planning to buy some more, but am i too greedy?
That's definitely too greedy.

Fire caper
If you really care about your accounts, I wouldn't bot even half of that time that you do per day.

I got banned and I tried contacting Jagex multiple times on evidence of me botting and they gave me no answer.. Do Mods contact you in-game directly and decide weather or not you're botting? The only way you can get the chance of banned is if someone in-game reports you themselves correct?

I got banned and I tried contacting Jagex multiple times on evidence of me botting and they gave me no answer.. Do Mods contact you in-game directly and decide weather or not you're botting? The only way you can get the chance of banned is if someone in-game reports you themselves correct?
There are many ways of detecting bots, but many reports do get you on a shortlist or whatever. They also have a detection system that you can trigger (by being logged in for insane amounts of time, not showing signs of tiredness, and so on). They provide no evidence of bans, because, as they say, such info could be used to avoid bans. 'Manual bans' exist as well, and these are random bans, and the result of a Jagex moderator being at the right time in the right place, or better, you in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Superior All Knowing Person!
They also have a detection system that you can trigger (by being logged in for insane amounts of time, not showing signs of tiredness, and so on).

Not true, i've already proven that several times ;)

Botting for absurd amounts of hours does NOT = bans..
i've done several 100 hour sessions without any breaks or logouts - on multiple accounts, for over a year ;)

Not true, i've already proven that several times ;)

Botting for absurd amounts of hours does NOT = bans..
i've done several 100 hour sessions without any breaks or logouts - on multiple accounts, for over a year ;)
Nightmarezone is different from say red chins for 100 hours straight without breaks.

I base it off this post.

The tl;dr to bot detection is that Jagex has developed (or can develop at any time) models for how humans behave (acceptable ranges for online time, algorithmic estimates for effects of tiredness, behavioral similarity to common botting practices, etc.) and have each of these models act as flags. Set off too many of these flags and you get the banhammer.

P.S. Oversimplification for verbosity's sake. Surely the flags are weighted, ranges statistically distributed, etc. As a disclaimer, these explanations are purely speculative, but if I know Jacmob half as well as I think I do and I am half as intelligent as he is, this is the way he would do it because it's the way I would do it.

P.S.S. All this being said, I would imagine most bot clients aren't even getting into the behavioral analysis portion. There is probably a tier one non-intensive analysis that is done to catch the clients that have fallen for Jagex's traps and/or utilize hacks/shortcuts that are easily detected. That would explain why certain bot clients are being called out by name by Jagex and accounts being banned simply for logging in through the client without even running a bot.

Superior All Knowing Person!
Nightmarezone is different from say red chins for 100 hours straight without breaks.

I base it off this post.

I've never said that the 100 hour sessions were in NMZ, i wouldn't use NMZ as an example since it's an instance. ;)

- And just because it's Arbi saying it, doesn't mean it has to be true..

I've never said that the 100 hour sessions were in NMZ, i wouldn't use NMZ as an example since it's an instance. ;)

- And just because it's Arbi saying it, doesn't mean it has to be true..
No, but it makes more sense than Jagex not finding anything suspicious about people playing for 100 hours straight.. Then again, it's Jagex.

Is it actually unsafe to type while bot is going?
No clue, really. Everything we believe is speciulation. But it doesn't make sense to have multiple inputs at the same time, so dont talk while youre bot is dropping an inventory of fish really fast or something. Doesn't make sense. Of course talking is a good idea, as doing so establishes the idea that you're a human. Not replying to questions does the opposite.

How I bot safe is I make a account hand do tutorial and the buy a bond do a couple quest train couple skills then I let it sit for around a month then I bot 12+ hrs a day works perfect for me got 3 accounts maxed out and couple pures maxes with fcape. Only time I been banned was when I left my agility bot on for 15 hrs

always seeking a way
you can also run this command in run.

shutdown -s -t (seconds)

if you are afraid that you will forget that your bot is running and will run the whole day would i recommend this command because this command will shutdown your pc/laptop and will also close your bot and your client (note:be aware this method is used for skilling because when you are in combat you are still online after a few minutes and because your bot client is closed will it not eat)

want to cancel the shutdown use:

shutdown -c

i hope that this is usefull for some because i doesn't have prolems with it ;)

I just made a fresh new account that I wanna rwt perhaps later so I used Cyberghost VPN. (alt with proxy, main safe)
I was botting like 2-3hrs and suddenly it showed on my screen that VPN has stopped working.

Do you think Jagex got info about my ip changing from proxy to home ip?

@EvilCabbage some questions hopefully you can answer them for me:
  1. If i make an account and don't play on him at all and just wait 6 months, is that good?
  2. On botting hotspots for example Blast Furnace. Would 2-3 hours a day be good?