Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tutorial [FIX] macOS AgentInitializationException

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is for macOS not Windows. If you're using Windows stop reading right now as this will not work for you. Solutions for Windows have been posted multiple times in the forum, look around for them.

Alright, so yesterday I tried again to find a fix for this error that seems to happen to almost everyone using macOS. I didn't find anything that worked yesterday and today I was finally able to run a tutorial island bot on my Macbook Pro. The solution is simply running the jagexappletviewer.jar instead of launching the client.

Disclaimer: it worked for me. I can't guarantee it works for you.

Prerequisites:
  • Disable your firewall or allow the java binary receive incoming connections.
  • The standalone RuneMate file (RuneMate.jar).
  • Any text editor (vim, Sublime, Atom, TextEdit, etc).
  • The official OSRS client.
  • Minimal knowledge of CLI.
Steps: these are as noob-friendly as possible
  • Launch your text editor and paste the following script:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
osrs_path="/Applications/Old School RuneScape.app/Contents/Java/jagexappletviewer.jar"
java -jar RuneMate.jar &
java -Djava.class.path="$osrs_path" -Dcom.jagex.config=http://oldschool.runescape.com/jav_config.ws jagexappletviewer -Djava.system.class.loader=app.systemclassloader -Dsun.java2d.nodraw=true -Xmx512m -Xss2m -XX:CompileThreshold=1500 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC &
  1. If you installed the OSRS client somewhere else other than /Applications/ or you changed the name of the client, change the value of the osrs_path variable accordingly.
  2. Save it as runemate.sh in the same folder you downloaded the RuneMate.jar file.
  3. Open the Terminal application and navigate to the folder you saved the runemate.sh file. Watch this video if you don't know what this means.
  4. Write: chmod +x runemate.sh
  5. Press enter.
  6. Write: ./runemate.sh
  7. Press enter.
Now both RuneMate and a OSRS client will launch and you will be able to run a bot.

After doing all this and you want to run RuneMate again, repeat steps 3, 6 and 7 or you can right click runemate.sh and change the application it opens with. Change it to Terminal. Like so and now you can double click it.

Sources:
Game Client

Simpler and more reliable fix: Tutorial - macOS - Fix AgentLoadException/AgentInitializationException

Last edited by a moderator:
i tried this and in terminal window it manages to run the old school client but rune mate doesn't load up and in terminal i still get "agent failed to load" :{

i tried this and in terminal window it manages to run the old school client but rune mate doesn't load up and in terminal i still get "agent failed to load" :{

Avfobh5.png

Last edited:
I tried again but this time i got this error

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/runemate/boot/Boot : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:637)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:621)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

Java Version: 1.6.0_65

ANY IDEA?

when I enter ./runemate.sh, it tells me permission denied, I know you said this is as noob friendly as possible , I don't get the text editor part where you paste the script, what is that supposed to do? thanks

Java Warlord
when I enter ./runemate.sh, it tells me permission denied, I know you said this is as noob friendly as possible , I don't get the text editor part where you paste the script, what is that supposed to do? thanks
use "chmod +x runemate.sh" in order to make the script executable

use "chmod +x runemate.sh" in order to make the script executable
I did , I used that and then in step 6 it tells me to
  1. Write: ./runemate.sh, afterwards it tells me permission denied, obviously I'm doing something wrong, I just can't get it to work on my MacBook, I'm currently running java 8 , Mac OS high Sierra latest update .and also the problem for me is that its telling failed to bind to game client because of an agent load exception

when i go to copy and paste the script to the text editor and save file which file format do i save it as "rich text document" ? because when i name it runemate.sh it says it has to be named runemate.rtf or runemate.sh.rtf i can't just name it and when i tried saving it and putting it in the folder with runemate.jar i can't find it with terminal because its name is not whats its suppose to be

when i go to copy and paste the script to the text editor and save file which file format do i save it as "rich text document" ? because when i name it runemate.sh it says it has to be named runemate.rtf or runemate.sh.rtf i can't just name it and when i tried saving it and putting it in the folder with runemate.jar i can't find it with terminal because its name is not whats its suppose to be

Click "format" on the menu at the top and click "convert to text without format" or "convert to plain text" (I don't know exactly how it shows up in English)

I need some help :( I got it on m desktop. Idk if it works, but I got this error:
-bash: ./runemate.sh: cannot execute binary file

what should I do :(

I need some help :( I got it on m desktop. Idk if it works, but I got this error:
-bash: ./runemate.sh: cannot execute binary file

what should I do :(

When saving the file with TextEdit, do this:

Click "format" on the menu at the top and click "convert to text without format" or "convert to plain text" (I don't know exactly how it shows up in English)

Might as well read the replies dude.

Can someone please help I’m very new to mac if anyone can get teamviewer and get this working I’ll appreciate it very much message me direct

Mine also doesn’t load anything up it extracts everything and you click run and it tries to and then disappears

have been messing around with it for an hour now, retrying and retrying but getting no where just errors in the final stages of the terminal steps. could someone please help? also, can't runemate just fix this problem if it's happening for everyone rather than making each individual do it themselves??

Status
Not open for further replies.