Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Bug "Failed to bind the game client because of an agentloadexception"

Java Warlord
I mean in theory you could run as root but yeah having looked it up I wouldn't have thought it'd make a difference.
I never understood why people would recommend running runemate or other programs with elevated privileges in order to fix problems. That isn't necessary unless you did some stupid shit like locking files or something lol.

Client Developer
I never understood why people would recommend running runemate or other programs with elevated privileges in order to fix problems. That isn't necessary unless you did some stupid shit like locking files or something lol.

You'd be amazed at the shit some people do.

Java Warlord
You'd be amazed at the shit some people do.
Oh you haven't even met my classmates. One of them didn't update windows in over a year because "he doesn't have time for that". His laptop crashes every hour or two.

Likely a firewall issue - we communicate with the game client via your network card, so the likelihood is that the socket is being blocked. Make sure you're running both RM and RS as admin.

same issue as OP. I'm on windows and I have uninstalled Java and installed the 32xbit version. I just ran as administrator and green spinner has been loading nonstop for like 5 minutes now.

Hope this gets fixed, I just bought credit today and it's my first time trying to use RM.

edit:
restarted RM as administrator and I'm back to the same issue from the beginning.

[Debug] Java Home: c:\program files (x86)\runemate\jre
[Debug] Java Version: 8u121 x86 (Oracle Corporation)
[Debug] Maximum Heap Size: 743MB
[Debug] RuneMate Version: 2.49.2
[Debug] Operating System: Windows 10 x64
[Web Services] Connection authorized.
Failed to bind to the game client because of an AgentInitializationException
com.sun.tools.attach.AgentInitializationException: Agent JAR loaded but agent failed to initialize
at sun.tools.attach.HotSpotVirtualMachine.loadAgent(hs:197)
at nul.iIIiiiiIIiiIi.do(yac:6)
at nul.IIIIIiiIIiIII.run(uzb:30)

plz help lol really trying to get this new zerk some xp gains

Last edited:
okay well i figured out how to get it to work for me, after endless times of telling my firewall to allow runemate and it not working i went ahead and disabled my firewall for 10 minutes started up runemate and it worked. not sure if itll work for everyone but worth a try

I still can't get it working, my firewall was already off on my Mac. I updated the client and now the AgentLoadException appears instantly rather than loading.

I just remembered I have a Windows VM, so I'm running it from there. If someone finds a solution, please post here, because my Mac is hot enough to cook an egg right now.

Still no fix? I've been looking for hours and trying everything with no fix whatsoever. It is getting very irritating.

It is because you installed runemate in the wrong direction, The code is searching in the wrong path.

i will make a how-to brb

Last edited: