Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

OSRS Coincidence?

Hello, all, been botting for months and haven't dealt with bans since my start; however, a ban has finally arrived to my high-end account that I use for gem rock mining. I don't need to go into detail on how I was botting and what measures I took to remain ban-free for 2 months, but why I was banned all of a sudden is what I'd like to discuss about.

I wanted to know if it's possible that acquiring a pet automatically flags your account for review and you get put on watch by a moderator. My other account, which has been a botter long before this one, is still in good standing 3 months later. I just find it strange that a ban was issued days after getting the pet and was wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

I'd also like to add that the account was in the top 1,000 for mining XP, which I feel also helped with getting hit with the ban.

easily triggered ✌
No, pets have nothing to do with it neither does total xp

You were over excessively botting 1 thing and probably got some player reports, thats your ban reason

cuppa.drink(java);
Maybe people saw the pet and then paid more attention to you/messaged you and you didn't reply/generally reported you.

Don't be a peacock when you're botting.

No, pets have nothing to do with it neither does total xp

You were over excessively botting 1 thing and probably got some player reports, thats your ban reason

Maybe... but not only did I do other tasks besides gem rocking underground, I just don't find 4-5 hours a day with long/short/micro breaks 5 non-consecutive days a week excessive or fishy at all because that's the breaks I normally take when playing legit. Especially considering I played the account to 1.6k total level without botting. Being reported doesn't seem very likely at all since I log chat messages and any players with pickaxes equipped. I also only run my bots when home, so I definitely babysit them and will pause them when I have to get up and leave somewhere.

I know that jumping to the conclusion that pets/total XP can get you banned quicker is anecdotal evidence, but I don't want to rule them out as possibilities since to me it seems reasonable to watch over accounts who get pets/high XP since getting those two are on the rarer side among the player base. Call it ignorance or being stubborn, but I believe the next time I get a pet or high enough XP I'll be putting the account to rest as a bot.

My zerker account recently got the rock pet at 50 ish mining (was afk while botting so I don't really know). Anyway I continued up to 65 mining with no issue (24/7) - maybe not a long enough time to really judge but still. Also can I ask what bot you were using?

#1 Fabric Cleaner
I've gotten several pets on my main, getting the first one almost half a year ago with no bans. I doubt pets have anything to do with bans at all besides maybe raising player suspicion when you don't respond to them when they ask abt your pet/etc.

I'd say the amount of total mining xp you had when paired with a player report is a huge red flag for jagex and is more likely the cause of your ban.