Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Request Charge people fairly for scripts

Would you prefer to be charged for how long you actually use the bot, or for just starting the bot?

• Total voters
MasterGoy
I agree, I've lost nearly $10 the past month, and there is no reason to contact the author because usually they throw a fit or ignore you entirely proclaiming it's your fault... yet you're charging me an entire hour for a 1-2 min setting mistake. I've decided just to take the loss and not message them, but you could imagine the amount of RMC they're getting when they shouldn't.

I agree, I've lost nearly $10 the past month, and there is no reason to contact the author because usually they throw a fit or ignore you entirely proclaiming it's your fault... yet you're charging me an entire hour for a 1-2 min setting mistake. I've decided just to take the loss and not message them, but you could imagine the amount of RMC they're getting when they shouldn't.
I had a bot today that would crash after 1 hour 20 seconds every time, so I basically paid double. I gave up on it.

I do appreciate this site and the all the bots that are offered! I just get frustrated when premium bots only go a few seconds or minutes over and you're getting charged when you have to start it again.

The problem there is that you'd have to bill the user after botting instead of at the start of each hour, and then you're gonna have a hard time figuring out when the user hits $0.00 if he runs multiple sessions at once.

RuneMate can bill the user upfront. If the user stops the scr!pt before the hour is up RuneMate would refund them for the remainder of the hour. Or we could keep the system as-is and charge per 5 minutes instead of per hour.

I think the idea of paying what you use is great, but in practice it's been a pretty annoying experience.

That is due to RuneMate's poor implementation.

By getting billed every time you start a bot however, I feel it subconsciously makes people much more anxious about crashes or wanting to restart a bot, even if it's mere cents on the line. The amount of people requesting refunds of a single hour worth of credits is crazy and confirms this effect.

Yes there is definitely added anxiety due to how RuneMate charges people. Also bear in mind that for everyone that asks you for a refund worth a few cents there are many others like me who just didn't bother.

It also makes it an easy choice for goldfarmers to pick a different client than RuneMate due to the amount of hours they're spending.

That's true because hourly bots here cost much more than monthly bots elsewhere. Take that Zulrah scr!pt for example, it's $0.16 per hour. There are 720 hours in a month * 0.16 = $115 per instance per month. Of course not everyone will bot 24/7 so let's say you only run the bot 12 hours a day, that's still nearly $60 per month per instance. At that point you might as well just buy a private scr!pt.

On top of that you're charged when the bot doesn't work or when you fail to set it up properly which only adds to the frustration.

I agree, I've lost nearly $10 the past month, and there is no reason to contact the author because usually they throw a fit or ignore you entirely proclaiming it's your fault... yet you're charging me an entire hour for a 1-2 min setting mistake.

Same, I've lost at least $5 a month to stuff like this. The only scr!pter I asked for a refund (Defeat3d) ignored me and sent me to the FAQ on how bots are charged. He said it was because he wanted to "help" me. I was upset by this and called him out on it then he held my refund hostage by saying I had to be respectful to him first to get it - so I told him he could keep the $1. It really depends on the scripter and their mood whether or not you get your refund.

Last edited:
Java Warlord
If the user stops the scr!pt before the hour is up RuneMate would refund them for the remainder of the hour.
Oh very true actually. I think when we proposed this to Arbiter a few years ago his argument was that AWS products like EC2 instances are also billed hourly, and also upfront, no matter if you actually use the full hour. Completely deranged if you ask me considering the users of each are complete opposites.

Oh very true actually. I think when we proposed this to Arbiter a few years ago his argument was that AWS products like EC2 instances are also billed hourly, and also upfront, no matter if you actually use the full hour. Completely deranged if you ask me considering the users of each are complete opposites.

That is an awful justification lol.

Runescape bots break or need to be restarted far more often than a server on AWS. You also know exactly what you're getting with a server on Amazon, you don't know that with a scr!pt on RuneMate.

And by that logic, pausing shouldn't continue to charge you money because when you pause an instance on AWS you don't continue to get billed for it

Last edited:
I'm fully on board with making this change. It does not have to be perfect even, making it just charge 4 times in an hour for 15 min intervals would solve a lot of headaches for everyone. Loosing $0.20 five times sucks and makes you not want to use the bot and ask for a refund, especially if it happens more than just 5 times. If it happens multiple times, but you only loose .05 each time it is more bearable and less people will ask for refunds.