Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Resolved can't get rune mate to open on MacBook

Just so anyone doesn't think I am wasting their time I have followed the steps on the pinned post and completely deleted all java, rune mate and osrs. I have installed all 3 again and restarted my MacBook each time I installed each one.
When I install from the standalone file, it cannot complete the wizard install. It gets halfway through, asks for my password and then just stops the install with no error messages.
When I install from the Mac intel download I can get the rune mate wizard install to complete and says successful. When I navigate to applications and try launching rune mate it opens in the bottom tray and top notification bar but nothing on the actual screen. I have the latest version of java 8 install and I will list my specs below.
I tried to follow a thread on here for launching rune mate via terminal but I get the same error message about being unable to find java.rar file for both normal OSRS and Runemate. I can open runelite and run osrs no problems.
"
[dee_lish@-MacBook-Pro ~ % java -Dsun.java2d.nodraw=true -Dcom.jagex.config

=http://oldschool.runescape.com/jav_config.ws -Xmx512m -Xss2m -XX:CompileThresho

1d=1500 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewC -jar /Applications/01d\ Schoo1\

RuneScape.app/Contents/Java/Jagexappletviewer.]ar osrs

Error: Unable to access jarfile /Applications/Old School RuneScape. app/Contents/

Java/jagexappletviewer.jar

[dee_lish@-MacBook-Pro ~ % java -jar RuneMate.jar

Error: Unable to access jarfile RuneMate.jar dee_lish@-MacBook-Pro ~ % "

Please forgive my dumbness, I am not computer genius or pro coder. Any help appreciated :)

I can get OSRS to open normally through the app launcher, but not through terminal like the other tutorial post suggested.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 7.59.54 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 7.59.54 pm.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 8.01.00 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 8.01.00 pm.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 7.37.12 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 7.37.12 pm.png
    155.6 KB · Views: 9
Make sure system wide dark mode is DISABLED when attempting to install and run RuneMate

NO FUCKING WAY !!! how did you know that ? I have spent 6 hours in total after work trying to sus this out. You are an actual god among men. I am not worthy to be seen in your light haha. Thank you so much man. You have made an old man happy.
For anyone else, this absolute adonis above has got the answer. Hope this helps other people.