Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Question "An unexpected exception has occurred when starting the instance, please report this."

I am not sure because all the times before, it would do this every now and again.

I am also getting this today. Seems to be on Runemate's end. I'm sure it'll get sorted out.
But I can see where it would seem it. Maybe they are doing update? unsure as I wasn't able to log onto runescape for an hour earlier

Same here, prolly cause Jagex clitent update - lets be patient and wait for RM update also..(pls fast hunter is waiting :D)

cuppa.drink(java);
Yeah Runemate is still down currently. Client developers are looking into getting it fixed ASAP.

cuppa.drink(java);
RuneMate has been updated to work with the latest game update. Please restart both RuneMate and OSRS clients!

cuppa.drink(java);
Who would we request a refund from for trying to launch bot during down time bot author or a admin on forums?
Sorry just saw this. If you want a refund for a bot you should contact the author of that bot. Either on the forum thread for the bot or through a PM or something.

My client still isnt working..... cant bind to the game. wont start an instance. ive tried everything. error code: 831469

I'm tryna give yall money, please help fix the problem lol.

cuppa.drink(java);
My client still isnt working..... cant bind to the game. wont start an instance. ive tried everything. error code: 831469

I'm tryna give yall money, please help fix the problem lol.
This is a different bug for the record.
I noticed you already posted on these other threads, but anyone seeing this please note the main issue this thread was about (when the client was fully down) is fixed.

These threads exist to discuss the separate error code 831469:
Bug - Wont start bot. Keep getting code 831469
Bug - Bot wont Work error code 831469 (help pls been a week)

@bigpkbot I'd recommend asking for help on discord for that bug if you haven't already, as it's more active. And be sure to note that you tried the fixes on those two threads and they didn't fix it for you.

Unfortunately I don't have much more info on error code 831469, just trying to keep the error threads organized.

Last edited:
Im currently having this same issue. Has been more than 24hrs now. Tried re-installing RM and updating windows. Anyone else having this issue? RM alert advised reporting problem.

Yeah Runemate is still down currently. Client developers are looking into getting it fixed ASAP.
Hello, this error keeps hapenning to me and after a year i canot find any solution, please help

This is my log:
22:59:50 [WARN ] [ RuneMate] An error has occurred, dumping some debug information. has expired: false
22:59:50 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] An unhandled exception occurred when starting the instance, please report this.
22:59:50 [ERROR] [ RuneMate] Unhandled exception occurred when starting the instance
com.google.gson.JsonIOException: Session has expired.
at nul.IiIiIIiiiIIIiI.IiIiiiiiIiIiii(uq:470) ~[RuneMate.jar:?]
at nul.IiIiIIiiiIiiII.IiIiiiiiIiiiiI(zja:162) ~[RuneMate.jar:?]
at nul.IiIiIIiiiIiiII.run(zja:294) ~[RuneMate.jar:?]

Im currently having this same issue. Has been more than 24hrs now. Tried re-installing RM and updating windows. Anyone else having this issue? RM alert advised reporting problem.
This is has been hapening to me since like a year now