Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Suggestion Add support for the 2 major third party OSRS clients (Konduit and Osbuddy)

Has been discussed and denied before, the yield of such a time consuming thing is minimalistic. It would basically require a hell of a lot more maintenance for a feature that is really just a convenience.

You have to be delusional if you think Jagex can legitimately base their bot detection on the switching of clients.
What I suggested would better the client and maybe lower the number of bans.

What? That is exactly why I don't play on OSBuddy. Jagex can see if you are logging on from a 3rd party client or an original client, it would make no sense for a normal human to be constantly switching between 3rd party and legitimate. Sure, other things also require dev time but just because other things need improving, doesn't mean that this shouldn't be considered either.
I'm sorry mate, this discussion should not have started. You think is a nice idea, lets me just tell you, its not.

Java Warlord
I'm sorry mate, this discussion should not have started. You think is a nice idea, lets me just tell you, its not.
Well it would be nice since for many players it would be a convenience, but the amount of maintenance would just be not worth it at all.

I could think of other things that could be implemented/fixed.
I know there's another client that can memorize your playing style by just playing for a little while. That would be the best antiban/ whatever you wanna call it since the history of botting.

Java Warlord
I could think of other things that could be implemented/fixed.
I know there's another client that can memorize your playing style by just playing for a little while. That would be the best antiban/ whatever you wanna call it since the history of botting.
We already have that. If you go in your RuneMate directory you will find a few .bio files, those contain data about your playstyle, majorily about your mouse movements.

The only AI bot developer
Runemate is fine the way it is,maybe a few tweaks here and there but runemate by far has the lowest ban rate on the market,we just do not have enough information that implementing runemate to run with osbuddy makes sense,only lay men speculations..

Party has already confirmed that it will be implemented at some point. So don't think of this idea as completely outlandish. And, we already know that Jagex can tell clients apart. And based on Arbiters theory on how their detection work, it's not that far of a stretch to assume that a player constantly switching between clients can be a flag.

I'm not saying that simply switching clients get you banned, I'm saying that get enough flags, and you get banned. So we should do our best to avoid flags.

Here's Arbiter talking about flags: How to bot safely

So tell me, if you had the job of detecting botters, and you knew for a fact that botters used a different client to bot on.. Wouldn't you make this a flag as well? It's an easy one, many of the flags are easy ones.

Java Warlord
Party has already confirmed that it will be implemented at some point. So don't think of this idea as completely outlandish. And, we already know that Jagex can tell clients apart. And based on Arbiters theory on how their detection work, it's not that far of a stretch to assume that a player constantly switching between clients can be a flag.

I'm not saying that simply switching clients get you banned, I'm saying that get enough flags, and you get banned. So we should do our best to avoid flags.

Here's Arbiter talking about flags: How to bot safely

So tell me, if you had the job of detecting botters, and you knew for a fact that botters used a different client to bot on.. Wouldn't you make this a flag as well? It's an easy one, many of the flags are easy ones.
Yeah we all know that there are flags, but having a flag for frequent change of officially approved clients would just be stupid on Jagex' end, since it's just completely unrelated to botting.

There are so many other things that are way more crucial to care about right now that implementing support for 3rd party clients would be a huge waste of resources at this stage.

Also Party is not the one to confirm those things, the things he does for the client (at this moment) are a completely different topic and also more important than adding a convenience for lazy and/or superstitious users.

Yeah we all know that there are flags, but having a flag for frequent change of officially approved clients would just be stupid on Jagex' end, since it's just completely unrelated to botting.

There are so many other things that are way more crucial to care about right now that implementing support for 3rd party clients would be a huge waste of resources at this stage.

Also Party is not the one to confirm those things, the things he does for the client (at this moment) are a completely different topic and also more important than adding a convenience for lazy and/or superstitious users.

I don't really feel like it can be considered superstition. Say their flags used to be on mouse movements, clicks, reports, and hours played. Now everyone is playing careful, so hours are looking legit, the client is coded well so the clicks and mouse movements aren't something they can bust people on. So they'll have to use what ever sets legit players apart from bots. And currently changing of client is one of those things.

I might just not know enough about it, and what I'm saying is completely nonsense, but I feel like being careful is in our best interest..

Java Warlord
I don't really feel like it can be considered superstition. Say their flags used to be on mouse movements, clicks, reports, and hours played. Now everyone is playing careful, so hours are looking legit, the client is coded well so the clicks and mouse movements aren't something they can bust people on. So they'll have to use what ever sets legit players apart from bots. And currently changing of client is one of those things.

I might just not know enough about it, and what I'm saying is completely nonsense, but I feel like being careful is in our best interest..
It's just that changing clients can have a friggin lot of causes.
For example, the 3rd party client is not working well on your pc (after all it's 3rd party), or the 3rd party client is using too many resources, or you simply like playing on the non-modified client once in a while, or whatever really.
it's just like saying "we should flag linux users because lightweight linux VPSs make great bot farms".