Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Suggestion Add support for the 2 major third party OSRS clients (Konduit and Osbuddy)

This would make playing legit between botting sessions a lot easier, and probably help you look more legit as well. Most RS players use konduit or Osbuddy, simply for all the extra features. So the client switching when botting might seem a bit odd.

I'm not sure if it's even possible to tap into Konduit and Osbuddy like you do in the legacy client, but it would be a nice addition.

This is a really, really, bad idea. From the stand-point of a company, you never want to be depending on third party software where you don't even know their plans for tomorrow. I can almost guarantee you won't get any support for that (as good as it may sound at first).

Support. Most players use a 3rd party client like Konduit and OSBuddy. The constant switching between OSBuddy and the RS client for botting might seem a bit fishy to Jagex.

Whats is this? A fuck fest where everybody has to scream support after the thread is a month old just because I said he won't find support because it is unrealistic?

I definitely support this, I am unable to use OSBuddy as it looks odd constantly switching clients.

Why though? It would look more humanlike if your account was playing on a 3rd party software (assuming they can tell what client you're on)
You're telling me everyone playing on the legitimate client immediately gets flagged? The stupidity of the "you look more legit using OSBuddy" argument is unreal. Hell, I remember Matt posting exception logs uploaded to OSBuddy for debugging containing things like "com.osbot". This wouldn't apply to RuneMate as it's completely external but my point still stands.

Anyway, as Aaron said above, it would be a waste of developer time and resources to support third party products when there is already a fine solution.

You're telling me everyone playing on the legitimate client immediately gets flagged? The stupidity of the "you look more legit using OSBuddy" argument is unreal. Hell, I remember Matt posting exception logs uploaded to OSBuddy for debugging containing things like "com.osbot". This wouldn't apply to RuneMate as it's completely external but my point still stands.

Anyway, as Aaron said above, it would be a waste of developer time and resources to support third party products when there is already a fine solution.
How about more realistic clicking patterns and more real-like antiban? Fuck switching clients then let's make what we got better.

How about more realistic clicking patterns and more real-like antiban? Fuck switching clients then let's make what we got better.
Now that, is development time that is always worth it. You see the difference now?

Quit being a salty fucking child, just because we don't agree with what you are saying doesn't mean you have to shit post. If I am constantly switching clients when I am botting verse playing legit, it will clearly show Jagex that I am switching for a REASON and what reason could there be other than botting? Not many.
You're not playing on OSBuddy because you bot on another client.

Now that, is development time that is always worth it. You see the difference now?
Instead of having bots implement their own antiban they should have it client based so there is no need for a bot author to have to include it. Perhaps a betetr webwalk too. Some bots click constantly and haven't even moved a foot yet.

You're not playing on OSBuddy because you bot on another client.

What? That is exactly why I don't play on OSBuddy. Jagex can see if you are logging on from a 3rd party client or an original client, it would make no sense for a normal human to be constantly switching between 3rd party and legitimate. Sure, other things also require dev time but just because other things need improving, doesn't mean that this shouldn't be considered either.

Java Warlord
Has been discussed and denied before, the yield of such a time consuming thing is minimalistic. It would basically require a hell of a lot more maintenance for a feature that is really just a convenience.

What? That is exactly why I don't play on OSBuddy. Jagex can see if you are logging on from a 3rd party client or an original client, it would make no sense for a normal human to be constantly switching between 3rd party and legitimate. Sure, other things also require dev time but just because other things need improving, doesn't mean that this shouldn't be considered either.
You have to be delusional if you think Jagex can legitimately base their bot detection on the switching of clients.