Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

A Shame Runemate is close to dead

Hi,

Just wanted to share with you my thoughts on runemate. I believe it is the best bot just for the fact that it plays on the official client which saves a lot of potential bans. It is nonetheless a shame since almost all scrips are outdated.. the one I am using was last update more tha 9 months ago.. not a lot of player on discord or in chat...

It would be nice if you could do some marketing and communication to revamp runemate and make it the standard go to place for botting.

Botting on oficial client is brilliant!

Thanks

cuppa.drink(java);
If a bot is broken or dead, report it on the relevant thread. If you want a script that doesn't exist/work, request it on the forums.

Most of the time authors don't even realize there's a niche that needs to be filled.

Agree with @CuppaJava said, if you have a request for a bot put it in the discussion section or post on the bot thread that's broken. I'm taking time to develop new bots, so would be curious to see what you want made.

Problem with runemate is not that it's dead, the problem is scripters private script for themselves and make all the profits most great bots are not released to the public premium or free since they would lose their uniqueness if they did.

Last edited:
cuppa.drink(java);
Problem with runemate is not that it's dead, the problem is scripters private script for themselves and make all the profits most great bots are not released to the public premium or free since they would lose their uniqueness of they did.
Tbh public money making scripts help absolutely nobody, unless they're premium. But even then, the method would decline because other people would just make a bot for it.

But we should have all the niches filled for skilling/utility bots at least. A lot of niches are filled, just not with well designed/totally working bots.

not quite sure how/why you think runemate is dead bc one particular script in the runemate repo has gotten me to max combat on 2 separate accounts in about a month

How many newer bots aren't made because they're simple as balls so competent people just make them in one of the 'build your own bot' bots, like visualrm or architect?

cuppa.drink(java);
How many newer bots aren't made because they're simple as balls so competent people just make them in one of the 'build your own bot' bots, like visualrm or architect?
Dunno, I've never really been a fan of the "make in in VisualRM" mentality tbh, even though I understand the reason. I feel like visualRM would be more useful if it exported into a regular LoopingBot to upload to the store. A lot of users don't know/understand visualrm/architect, so at a glance RM is missing a lot of bots on the store--even though they technically exist.

This community is indeed in a very dire state for what is "Runescapes best bot client" there are almost no active bot developers and out of all the scripts that I have tried 80% of them are at least partially broken.

Almost every bot that involves banking will break when it try's to close the bank after depositing items.

It goes hand in hand with the state of Runescape too though, I played from the original classic and recently came back, the game might as well be advertised as a single player game with multiplayer capabilities, you rarely see anyone outside of Prif or the player owned farm area anymore.

Its a real shame :(

Problem with runemate is not that it's dead, the problem is scripters private script for themselves and make all the profits most great bots are not released to the public premium or free since they would lose their uniqueness if they did.
what profits ahaha
also, public bots need/should meet higher quality standards than bots made for personal use for a couple hours, and the author would also need to devote some time towards offering support

This community is indeed in a very dire state for what is "Runescapes best bot client" there are almost no active bot developers and out of all the scripts that I have tried 80% of them are at least partially broken.

Almost every bot that involves banking will break when it try's to close the bank after depositing items.

It goes hand in hand with the state of Runescape too though, I played from the original classic and recently came back, the game might as well be advertised as a single player game with multiplayer capabilities, you rarely see anyone outside of Prif or the player owned farm area anymore.

Its a real shame :(
The second has a larger role, RS is dying, kids are moving on to LoL and Fortnite, etc
My main also got permed and then Bitcoin rapidly rose in price right afterward, so I was like whatever RuneScape is dead anyway

Its basically already dead. All the bots I need are either broken or unavailable. Hardly any scripters around and most don’t keep up with updating after a while

VisualRM
I made a bunch of stuff on there. Super easy and simple
HMU if u need something made

RS Rick Hey man, I am looking for a bolt enchanter but no current scripts work. Right now, I just trying to make one on Visual RM but I cannot even get the keyboard action working. Are there any tutorials out there? or can you give me some pointers? Much appreciated.

RS Rick Hey man, I am looking for a bolt enchanter but no current scripts work. Right now, I just trying to make one on Visual RM but I cannot even get the keyboard action working. Are there any tutorials out there? or can you give me some pointers? Much appreciated.

which game, send me pm, ill make u a basic one.

VisualRM
I made a bunch of stuff on there. Super easy and simple
HMU if u need something made
Hey there I saw your comment. I'm trying to make a simple OSRS gold amulet smelting bot using VisualRM but get stuck because it isnt as simple as "inventory full? -> bank"

Can you help me write a script for this? Now that Edgeville furnace is f2p, i feel like this is a good opportunity